// Bad Family Issues
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Even after all this time The sun never says to the earth, “You owe Me.” Look what happens with A love like that, It lights the Whole Sky.   -Hafiz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad Family Issues  (Read 645 times)
Chaajo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Chaajo has no influence :(

« on: Oct 16, 2011 06:57 PM »

Salam alaikum. Now I know this topic might sound sour.  Sad
But I have come across a sample of a bad family issue here : http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100326035712AAOf2eK

I just want to know what is the islamic way to deal with such issues if you were in that girl/boy's shoes...in your opinion?
Users in that community suggested finding a house and keeping in touch to the minimum with the parent and maybe others expressed their personal views that they'd rather stay far forever from the parent...well?
I know Islam emphasizes on respecting parents especially our mothers. But the link I referred to you all represents exceptional circumstances. Keep in mind there's a lot of emotional, financial and child abuse going on among many families on this planet and some kids sadly grow up doomed. Sad

If the link doesn't open with you, please let me know. We're most likely going to discuss mainly on etiquettes. If administrators/moderators think I am violating the forum's terms of uses, please let me know and I truly apologize!

The secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is — to live dangerously!
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2011 01:53 AM »

wsalam,

I kinda liked that bluebeard or whoever's answer for that particular question.

For Muslims, I know culturally supporting your parents is equated with living with them, but sometimes it's just not healthy and good for you or them!. I don't think adult kids are meant to live with their parents in the West the way the culture is and the way the houses are built over here. I'd suggest that if someone is in an abusive/unehealthy home life, the kid goes away to college and try to make something of themself. Keep the family ties, but become more mature and independent, and then come back to help your family.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: