// Arab Women The Majority Of Couture Clients, Executives Say
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "If you do not have a sound heart then you better get one"- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arab Women The Majority Of Couture Clients, Executives Say  (Read 669 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 08, 2011 06:28 AM »

This is really sad... and pathetic.  yuck

---------------
Arab Women The Majority Of Couture Clients, Executives Say

Haute couture is traditionally associated with Paris and European glamour. But with a worldwide economic downturn and couture falling more and more out of favor, who is actually still buying the thousand-dollar dresses?

Arab women.

Reuters reported from Paris Fashion Week that women of the Middle East, particularly the royal families, are the biggest clients of haute couture.

The market in these oil-rich countries, say some executives, only started to rise recently. But how it's risen.

"For us, with China, the Middle East is the market that is growing the fastest," Hermes CEO Patrick Thomas said to Reuters. "These markets for a long time preferred a more ostentatious type of luxury and now want a more refined and discreet style."

The refined style is getting worn mainly at weddings. Simon Lock, the creative director of Dubai Fashion Week, told Reuters that at a recent local wedding, "4,000 women were invited to the reception and everybody in the room was wearing haute couture... And there are lots and lots of weddings to attend."

And you don't want to be caught wearing the same dress as another one of those 4,000 women. A young couture client from Kazakhstan told the Telegraph, "If I'm going to a wedding, I don't want to bump into someone wearing the same. In Kazakhstan, women love beautiful clothes. Our husbands don't have any say in what we buy. We feel these clothes are empowering."

And in doing so, the Arab women power the brands. "Women from the Middle East are our top buyers and they are likely to remain so," said Jeffry Aronsson, CEO of Emanuel Ungaro.

Added Catherine Riviere, head of haute couture at Christian Dior, "All the royal families of the Middle East are our customers."

Which royals, exactly? Sheikha Mozah, wife of the emir of Qatar, might be the biggest client. We've been tracking the glam royal's style for years and unlike some royals we know, we've never seen her pull a repeat -- meaning she must maintain quite the order with top couture houses.
orangetree
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
orangetree has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2011 06:22 PM »

... We feel these clothes are empowering."

I'm sure those clothes feel empowering, an haute couture dress costs the size of a small house or a sports car (£100,000+) !

"Even after all this time, the sun never says to the earth “you owe me”. Look what happens with a love like that, it lights the whole sky." Hafiz
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2011 08:18 PM »

salam

Are there no Arab couture houses? Why don't they support their home grown talent. I would ..... If I had a several million pounds lying around for clothing budget!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: