// Halal Cosmetics
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "O Allah, there is no life but the life of the Next World." - Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halal Cosmetics  (Read 1558 times)
LULULONDON

Reputation Power: 0
LULULONDON has no influence :(

« on: Oct 08, 2011 08:31 PM »

This may shock you but nearly all cosmetic products, such as skin creams, contain animal residues, including those of pigs.
This would immediately render them Haraam for the Muslims and non-Kosher for the Jewish.

This shocking revelation has only come to light recently and the cosmetics industry seems reluctant to address this issue. Animals by-products such as urine, gelatine, fats and acids are a staple ingredient for cosmetic products in modern times which would explain why the industry is hesitant to stop using them.

There are exceptions to the rule however as many new start up companies are bucking the trend and beginning to produce cosmetic creams without use of animal, specifically pig, ingredients. One such company is LuLu London Ltd., a premium brand start up from London England.

LuLu London's current product uses ingredients from the Black Pearls of Tahiti rather than animal residues. This innovative use of pearls creates a skin cream which is comparatively expensive to produce but is completely in line with Halal and Kosher standards. Effectively, it's a premium brand skin cream which can battle with the best whilst remaining animal-free.

And groups such as PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals) approve of these new methods rather than the traditional trend of "slaughterhouses disposing of their animal by-products by selling them to cosmetics manufacturers".

So now that some manufacturers are beginning to produce Halal cosmetic creams, I guess the only question that remains is whether or not the consumers are willing to buy them?

--

LuLu London is a premium cosmetics company.
You can find out more about them on  http://www.luluuk.com
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2011 11:38 AM »

salam

I only ever use Lush products, they're all vegetarian & a lot are vegan too.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
JenBean71
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
JenBean71 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2011 02:05 AM »

salam

I don't have a lot of knowledge about cosmetics and knew about animal products being used but I had no idea it could contain urine but on second thought it all sounds yucky to put on one's face. Here in Canada, I use The Body Shop, with a similar premise as you've mentioned Sr. Fozia, free of animal testing and animal products. I love their lip balm and bath oils to spritz on after showers - they have really nice candles etc. mashaAllah.

The unity of all, perceptible to even bystanders, is the Oneness that inspired it, a sea without shores, subject me to this sea.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: