// Hungry Traveller looking for some Grub...Halal Grub of course!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Nobility: The Prophet said: 'None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully. ' (Sunan At-TirmidhĂ®)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hungry Traveller looking for some Grub...Halal Grub of course!  (Read 736 times)
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« on: Oct 13, 2011 09:11 PM »

As-salam-mu-alaikum,

It's been a while...so Eid Mubarak Everyone!

So... I'm travelling through the States next week and was looking for Halal grub along the way...

My planned route is east on I-90 to Syracuse
South along I-81 past Binghamton to Scranton (to visit Micheal Scott Smiley )
then I-380 > I-80 east to the seaboard...

I went to Zabihah.com to find some grub, but the only thing that looked appealing was in Rochester (with comments like, lock your doors  Shocked)  Anything along I -90 that is halal?

Any ideas? Places? Smiley

Considered Binghamton area... but that would be 5-6 hours after departure... whereas Rochester to Syracuse area is about 3-4 hours after departure...(inshallah)

Jzk in Advance!

thobebro
    UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2011 05:29 AM »

walaikum salam UBAB!!!

Nice to hear from you and a belated and future Eid mubarak lol.

Ahhh that part of I-90 from Buffalo to Syracuse is going to be totally dead. Rochester does have Muslims there but as you said don't know how good the food would be.... I'd eat in Buffalo if I were you, even take a detour and go to Niagara Falls! I heard there are a number of Muslim places there. 81 down is extremely scenic and quite beautiful this time of year so take your camera! Again you'll find probably nothing. Cornell/Cortland is there but not sure whats up with that area. Binghamton area I am sure that sr. Kathy should know some good places, there was one we went to eat at that was nice, can't remember the name though.

Scranton home of "the paper company" and south I'm sure there will be some great places.

Are you going to the NYC area btw??

Why not just do I-90 all the way to Albany!! We're having a benefit concert for East Africa with Native Deen and other cool ppl on the 22nd!! U could come or we could meet up to show you guys some good places to eat Smiley From here it's only a 2 1/2 hour drive right into Manhattan!

BTW I find it really funny that brothers pick one of the smilies to be their's....
UBAB is  thobebro  
brkhalid is  bro  
wcoastbaba is always  desibro  
not sure about akhan but he uses  Grin alot
but who's going to be the new french guy???  frenchbro , since moderatesufi mentioned him maybe him Wink
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #2 on: Oct 14, 2011 05:53 AM »

I'd love to be  infant  coz you don't have to worry about anything!
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2011 06:23 AM »

lol akhan... ahhh don't worry growing up isn't so bad... u'll like it eventually!!

no one has used this one i added yet: iloveislam not sure if she's laughing or sneezing tho??
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2011 06:50 AM »

Aww, I was going to post first, but since I couldn't help out I passed . . SALAAAAM UBAB!!! We miss you bro!

LOOOOOOL @ the smiley thing Sis J!!!

hahah, oh the French guy is cool!!!

BABA
 desibro desibro desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: