Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Lovely Ramadan Reminders' III series  (Read 3423 times)
nameeman
Bro

Reps: 11

« on: Sep 11, 2008 08:19 PM »

Assalamu 'Alaykum

Curious to know what happened to the 2008 version of the 'Lovely Ramadan Reminders' series?

How about re-posting the Word files for both Ramadan Reminders I and II?

Ramadan Reminder 1:
http://jannah.org/ramadan/lovelyramadanreminders.html

Also- can someone confirm during which years did RRI and RRII take place?

was'salam

jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2008 08:58 PM »

assalamualaikum

Ramadan Reminders I are from 2006: http://jannah.org/ramadan/lovelyramadanreminders.html

and Ramadan Reminders II are from 2007: http://jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?topic=2722.0

for 2008 our shaikh has moved (temporarily we pray) to Florida so it's Sad

We do have our regular Imam that gives a short talk between taraweeh but don't know if I could formulate his talk into reminders as it's very short. But if there's interest I could try?

walaikumsalaam

nameeman
Bro

« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2009 09:18 PM »

assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmaahtullahi,

I've looked high and low, but with disappointment - i can't find this years "Lovely Ramadan Reminders" series?

Who locally is up for starting part 3?  The last 20 nights would be fine...

RRI (2006):

RRII (2007):
http://jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?topic=2722.0

May Allah make this month a month of permanent nearness without end.
Let us remember each other in our du'aa.

was'salam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2009 09:26 PM »

wsalaam,

unfortunately i'm unable to go to that masjid on a regular basis this year  :'( but when i go i'll try to take some notes iA.

nameeman
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Sep 02, 2009 03:09 PM »

Khayr, yes - we look forward to any notes taken for this year.

Attached are RRI and RRII in Word format.

RRI (2006): http://jannah.org/ramadan/lovelyramadanreminders.html
RRII (2007): http://jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?topic=2722.0

was'salam

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Sep 06, 2009 06:57 AM »

An entry for today. Please forgive my mistakes in conveyance. Ws.

========================================================

Assalaam Alaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu,

May Allah fill our hearts with the words of the Quran and give us the energy to live by them. Ameen.

Today we read Surah Isra and some of Surah Kahf. Surah Isra begins by “Subhanallathee asraa bi’abdihi laylan….”

017.001 Glory to (God) Who did take His servant for a Journey by night from the Sacred Mosque to the Farthest Mosque, whose precincts We did bless,- in order that We might show him some of Our Signs: for He is the One Who heareth and seeth (all things).

Allah is saying “subhanAllah”. This is the greatest way God is celebrated because no one can exalt God like God. If all the creatures were unbelievers, Allah would suffice as THE Celebrator, The Praiser of Himself. He doesn’t need anything or anyone, even if all space time was Kaffir.

The ‘Journey at Night’ as all of you know is when Allah took his ‘abd saw from Makkah to Jerusalem to Beyond in the Meraaj so that Allah shows him His Signs. Time is short so we can’t go into details but what do we learn?

Allah is glorifying Himself and taking his ‘Abd on this journey as a gift. Allah describes him as ‘Abd. Not as Nabi or Rasul or anything else. This teaches us. When does Allah give His greatest gifts? When? When that creature has realized his/her ‘Abd to Allah. There is no ego, no passion, no desires – nothing. It’s not just an external habit, it’s a true habit. We have not yet reached the love of ‘Ubudiyyah if we think we have worth. Allah acknowledges those that acknowledge their ‘Ubudiyyah, their unworthiness. Instead of inflating ourselves and betraying our nature, when we recognize who we truly are, we realize who He truly is and the gifts come.

Secondly, when did the gifts come? At night. The ‘Abd saw was taken above. To begin Ibadat at night, when everyone is asleep and has gone to their desires and loves, the true ‘Abd goes to their Beloved.

In the middle of the Surah, Allah talks about prayers alone at night. The gifts are given at night to those who are in Ibadah. Most of the spiritual gifts are given at night when we are alone. So we should never feel bored doing Ibadah at night. Here we are together for 4 hours or 10 hours or night after night. Why do we get bored? – Because we are not seeking Allah’s forgiveness.

Allah may raise you to an exalted station. Allah also tells us in this Surah about everything in this universe being in Tasbeeh of Allah azzawajal. The 7 heavens, the earth, everything in between is in Dhikr. There is nothing that is NOT in Dhikr. Your eyelashes, hair in your beard (if you remove it you remove something in Dhikr!), saliva, our tears, a petal on a rose, water in a stream, air, a wing of a bird, a leaf. But you do not comprehend their Tasbeeh. Pebbles, rocks. It is natural for them to be in Tasbeeh. It’s a miracle if you hear that. Rasulullah saw held pebbles in his palm in Tasbeeh and the companions heard. When they were in the perfect human being saw ’s hand, every inch of him in Dhikr, they were in joy dancing and the companions witnessed that.

And why are WE not in dhikr? Some of us not even once a year. When we should be uninterruptedly, always, frequently. When we’re not in Dhikr we’re unnatural, going against the order of nature. We pay for it in Ghaflah.

Do you want a friend, a leader, a teacher? Are they in Dhikr or not? Do not obey those oblivious to our Dhikr. Ibn Qayyim said this is your scale in choosing who is your teacher or student – a Qalb in Dhikr. The one who is not, is danger.
Some of us are in Dhikr with our tongues but our mind, emotions are somewhere else, in dunya, trade, friends, something of this world. May Allah forgive us from this.

Let us be of those that listen to the words of admonition and practice the best of them.

Wsalaam wrt

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2009 12:59 PM »

Assalaam Alaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakatuhu,

A few reminders and treasures from the Quran. One is in awe as to where we should pick from subhanAllah. We completed Surah Kahf, Surah Maryam and Surah Ta Ha.

One way to summarize Surah Kahf is that it teaches us about Tawheed of Allah az. And then it teaches us about something special within that Tawheed. Because the opposite of Tawheed is when we attach ourselves or love to the degree of worship in a religious way, other than 'the one and only One' subhanAllah, Allah who created everything.

We build attachments to the created world and to things. To the physical resources, Asbaab, material resources and power; the means we use to get what we desire and want of this world. Sometimes those attachments are so obsessive and powerful inside of us. They make us forget or ignore voluntarily things that are much more important in our relationship with Allah.

Surah kahf deals with Tawheed because it gives us stories with a common demonitor, a theme and that is:  Shirk, associating anything with Allah.

The first story is the ppl of the cave. The story goes those young people were from very noble, aristocratic families. Perhaps from centuries ago, some say from the time of Isa (Jesus). Some say after that. These young ppl were unlike their families and the ppl around them with their resources used for shirk. Those ppl disbelieved in the oneness of God and the resurrection.

These young ppl believed in the oneness of Allah and the day of resurrection and they gave up the means available to them that distracted them from the ultiamte reality and aim. They left their families, their aristoracy, even with the threat of punishment from family members. So Allah inspired them to go to a physical cave. He protected them and made them a sign to the coming world. They remained alive over 300 years and when they were again brought back to life, when a new king came, Allah made them come out.

They were a sign for this righteous king and the ppl then. Allah resurrected them as a proof and example for those who didn't believe in life after death. They gave up the means that were an obstacle against the Tawheed of Allah.

The second story is the story of the two companions. One of which was a very rich powerful land owner and had two Jannataan. He relied on his land, on the rivers that flowed between, and on the rain that fell. He was sure this would continue and when his friend reminded him to be thankful to Allah, not to be boastful, he said 'well if there is resurrection God will give me even better'. Allah sent natural forces and everything was gone. Allah is teaching us about (not to) relying on what Allah gave a person as resoures (Asbaab). They lived only for those means, with those means, pursuing them with heart, soul, body and time. And forgetting Allah az.

The third story is about Musa with Khidr. Allah gave Khidr Asbaab -- spiritual Asbaab, knoweldge. He gave him that which he didn't even give Musa. Allah teaches whom he pleases. Al Khidr was not of the ppl of Musa. Allah gave Khidr so much spiritual power and knowledge of the beyond. Allah akbar. When Khidr did what he did at the end, what did he say? "All of this is not by me. It is by Allah." Allah gave him the means but he didn't see the means. He didn't attach himself to the means. He saw Allah az in everything. He spent his life in full devotion in all that power and knowledge.

The last story is the story of Dhul Qarnayn. What did Allah give Dhul Qarnayn? --And this divulges us the secret of this Surah. What did Allah say?

"...and we gave him of everything, of the things desired of this world and means to achieve it." Languages, engineering, administration, power. Allah gave him Asbaab. And He gives us the example of Dhul Qarnayn's response to this. Dhul Qarnayn builds this gigantic feat of engineering, he's using the means. And then at the end what does he say?

"Hatha Rahmata Rabbi." "All of this is a Rahmaa from my Lord." He didn't say 'look what I have done, look what I built'. He didn't shake hands with his engineers and say 'we can go where no man has gone before, we can do what no man can do'. Though they did great things, they praised Allah az. They knew all along that it was all from Allah. They never forgot that and he, Dhul Qarnayn, never forgot and lived in full consciousness of Allah in the midst of power.

This is the summary of Surah Kahf. Perhaps this is the reason why we should read Surah Kahf every Jumah. Why? To save us from Dajjal. Why? What will Dajjal be given? Asbaab. Alot of Asbaab, alot of power, but he will be the epitome of Shirk with Asbaab and there will be ppl who will see that and will be enamored by that and will fall into calamity following him. So Surah al Kahf is a protection, subhanAllah, from falling into the slavery, shirk of Asbaab in all times and in particular then.

May Allah make us never see Dajjal. And Dajjal in the Arabic language means falsehood, fabrication. In reality its all nothing.

And even then there will be ppl who claim to be God.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2009 01:00 PM »

(con't)

See the change from this to Surah Maryam as and the story of Maryam and Isa. We don't have time to summarize but perhaps what is said at the end...

is a good summary. The story of Maryam is the story of love bestowed upon her and her child on account of their devotion to Allah. Maryam's mother devoted herself and her to Allah and Allah gave Maryam special love. She's beloved to all those who even believe in the existence of God. The mistress of all women, of all the worlds, alaihas salaam.

And Allah tells us in the end, "Verily those who believe and do righteousness, will (God) Most Gracious bestow love. (019.096)

External and internal she was a beautiful heart. Allah chose this attribute 'Rahman' and will make them relations of pure love. Ppl will love her in this pure, beautiful, moral, genuine love, those who commit themselves to Allah az.

One of the Salihoon said to another. Some ppl come and say and do this and that (good things) and I know there is nothing I have done to them for them to give me this in exchange. In response, the other read to him this Ayah. Allah will make relations for them of pure love. The Quloob of those who are good will love them.

And also towards the end of this Surah, there's a strong, very strong. condemnation of Shirk. (that God has begotten a son) This is something that heavens and earth crumble in hearing. They don't know what they're saying.

What does the next surah say... Ta Ha...... tanzeela minnal samawati...

Surah Maryam ends with those who don't know and Ta Ha comes with Tanzeeh of Allah exalting Allah from all of that and His Tawheed and then ends as it goes through the story of Musa and the love of Allah and those who struggled to obey Allah and how Allah envelops them with his love and difficulties in his love, and Allah saves him with His love.

The one to whom Allah's love shall be thrown upon will feel no envy. And at the end He reminds Rasulullah saw to connect with Allah and reminds us that what you have of Salah, Dhikr and of Allah is much much greater. In the face of what you face, turn to Allah in Salah and Dua.

In the face of ppl's violence and abuse, what does Allah command him saw to do?
Act and respond in patience perseverance and then what dhikr of Allah and salah.

020.130 Therefore be patient with what they say, and celebrate (constantly) the praises of thy Lord, before the rising of the sun, and before its setting; yea, celebrate them for part of the hours of the night, and at the sides of the day: that thou mayest have (spiritual) joy.

And I remind you, a Mumin must respond to this Ayah in your wirds after every Fajr and after Asr.

Fasabbih behamdi ....be in Dhikr, in Tasbeeh of Allah also during hours of the night or part of the night and also throughout the invervals of the day.

When you do that you will be satisfied and pleased. This is how the Surah ends. And we ask Allah to be of those who listen to the words of admonition and follow the best of them.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2009 04:40 AM »

placeholder

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2009 04:40 AM »

placeholder

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2009 04:50 AM »

Bismillah….

Ramadan is a wonderful opportunity to come back to Allah and for those who were walking in the way of Allah, to give them more strength to come back to him.

The Quran was revealed in a span of 23 years, here and there, as the Hikmah related to the real events in the life of Rasulullah saw over 23 YEARS. An  ayah here an ayat there. And then compiled. So much attention has been given to the Quran. No other book has given as much study and contemplation. People are still finding amazing things. Some which u know but reminders are always good for those who have iman and seek truth.

Allah speaks to us about Isa and Adam and that Isa (Jesus) is NOT the begotten son of God, and not God. He was created as Allah creates all creatures and He created Isa like he created Adam. And Allah created Adam without father and mother, and Jesus had a mother but not a father. This is just an example of one thing:  The name of Isa like the name of Adam is mentioned exactly the same number of times, 25 times each. Ajeeb isn’t it! Subhanallah

And in the Quran, Ulema have found things like these very, very interesting. We will mention a few examples but there are so many more. This book is not from humans, when you look at it from the perspective of every endeavor of human research; knowledge, law, language, history, subhanalllah. Amazing things. You find out when you look at that and I did verify these. The word as-Shaitan in singular is mentioned 68 times and the world Malaikah is mentioned 68 times. I found out also the word Shayateen and malaikah that is mentioned singular and plural are both mentioned 88 times. La ilaha ilallah.

The word al-Kufr disbelief is mentioned exactly 17 times and the word Imaan 17 times.

The word Kufran 8 times the word Imanan the indefinite form is 8 times.

Coincidence? La ilaha illallah.

The word month ash-Shahr singular is mentioned exactly 12 times. The word al-Yawm in singular ‘the day’ is mentioned 365 times exactly. The word Ayyaam in plural ‘days’ is mentioned 30 times. Some of you who know the Arabic language might find this excessively interesting. Because in the Arabic language when it comes to numbers when you are talking about numbers larger than 2-10 you use the word in plural. Thalathatul ayaam. When you use more than 10 you use singular.

One scholar has observed and I haven’t verified it yet. The word qaaloo they said is mentioned 332 times and the word qul 332 times. He noted that Allah ‘said’ ‘qul’ and the number of times ‘they said’ is the same. And there are wonders….

Another example…khabeeth is mentioned more times than attayyab but in another ayah Allah says ‘the impure is not equal to the pure even if the multitude of the impure attracts you’. Subhanallah even if you see the number of times it’s not real equality. And the Quran has wonders about these things. This is not from this perspective and perspectives, NOT the work of a creature or the work of a human. Remember this was compiled over 23 years and if you are a human being how can you respond to situations with beauty, meaning, logic and at the same time make sure the words and letters have harmony and they have fantastic beauty and meaning. La ilaha ilallah.

‘We shall show them our signs in the vast horizons and in themselves, until it becomes manifest to them that this IS the word of Allah’

These are the words we are reciting. When we don’t know the meanings, just try to feel who is talking to you. Just struggle to focus, disengage from the world and creation. You are listening to the CREATOR, subhanAllah. These words are miraculous in every layer of wonders that you delve in.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Sep 19, 2009 04:52 AM »

Imam Djafer:

Br. Djafer

So how many of us, with all the ages that we have, youngest to oldest, how often do we remember Allah and His blessings upon us? And upon our parents? Because the fact that we were born to parents who are Muslim, is a blessing.

Make du’a to Allah for our parents for He provided us with parents who are Muslim.

D’ua:  Ask Allah to make him able to do that which is righteous that Allah will be pleased with. He is not stating that he has done so many good things, but that it is due to the help of Allah, that He made it accessible for him to do. That person is thanking Allah for all that. Being grateful for himself, for his parents, for the tawfeeq that Allah gave him.

Next du’a: “Wa asleehee fe dhurreeyatihi” = “Oh Allah, make my offspring (future generations – ex. Allah was telling us that from Ibrahim, He made nubuwwah from him. 
) correct.
 what is important is to be guided by Allah to do righteous deeds. That’s the fear that’s should be in the heart of every believer. You ask for children but what kin of children? Read the story of Luqman who reached old age without children but he asked Allah “Oh Allah, give me a righteous son.” And Zachariah: “Oh Allah, give me a son who will inherit from that which is left from the family of Ya’qub (ie. Prophethod, ‘ilm, the way to Allah) and ya Allah, make it pleasing to you.” And Mariam, and all of them. They asked Allah for the righteous. That’s the fear that should be in the heart of every believer, that Allah will test you with children who will not have iman.

“Ya Allah, you promised that my son is from my family.” “No, he is not from your family (that is, not from iman).

Ask Allah for righteousness in our children. Especially on Laylatul-Qadr, when du’as are answered.

The other parable: when his parents are calling him “waylakal ‘amir (?)” he says “uf.”

Open your eyes and open your ears. Isn’t this what happens with some parents, including some Muslim parents? That’s what happens in this environment.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #12 on: Sep 19, 2009 04:54 AM »

29th of Ramadan

Bismillah…

MashaAllah many have you been coming all the month with imaan and wahtisaban. The pages of your life and my life are bi’ithnillah are all now clean. What remains is what comes next, the next moment, the next month, the next year. How am I going to live? Am I going to build on what Allah swt has graced us with and keep the pages of the history of my life in this coming future clean? Or am I going to stain and undo what Allah has granted me or you of gifts during this month and thus it’s a reminder to myself and to you. Whether you feel now happy or sad. These are states Allah gives to the ibaad. Happy to obey Allah. Sad to have Ramadan leave is also good.

May Allah accept from you and from all of us. May Allah give us the drive and energy to continue in the way of Ramadan. We still have tonight, tomorrow and maybe Sunday. Let us finish strong with a stronger awareness of Allah az. Tonight could also be lailatul qadr so do not forget a lot of dua for your sisters and brothers and all the sick and who have passed away and do not forget the Dua Allahumma innnaka afuan tuhibbul afwa fafuanna…

We are going to finish the quran tonight so may Allah give us noor upon noor. Blessing upon blessing.

-------------------------------

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Sep 19, 2009 09:39 AM »

Allah says

33:35 (Y. Ali) For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity, for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward.

Muslimaat, Mu’minaat, Qaanitaat, Aabidat, Saadiqaat, Saabiraat, Khaashiaat, Mutusadiqaat, Saaimaat, Hafithaat, Dhaakiraat.

The most beloved Salah to Allah is standing and reading the Quran in servitude to Allah.
Once the nephew of Sayyiditina Ayesha beloved wife of Rasulullah saw saw her in the morning and found her in Salah standing and reciting one Ayah repeating that one Ayah and crying and crying. The Ayah that we recited last night from Surah Toor when Allah says ‘inna kunna…’
052.028 "Truly, we did call unto Him from of old: truly it is He, the Beneficent, the Merciful!" 052.029 Therefore proclaim thou the praises (of thy Lord): for by the Grace of thy Lord, thou art no (vulgar) soothsayer, nor art thou one possessed.
He said, ‘I waited and waited. She was still in the Qaanitaa repeating that and crying, so I pulled away and went to do some things, then I came back and found her still standing in Salah, still crying.

Taa’ibaatun -- one who repents to Allah az and the character of a true believer is that he / she is very swift in returning to God and feels grief, sorrow and remorse when something wrong is said or done. Because human beings at different levels err and make mistakes. And these women that are Taa’ibaat of that which is not pleasing to Allah and from that which their eyes or ears or tongues or hands commit even if they are small, they are fast to repent to Allah. Taaibaat. Silat al ism bil lughatal arabiyya al istiqraar. They are not sometimes repenting -- that state of tawbah is constant. It’s not a verb form that is an action --  it means that it is constant.

Then  Aabidat -- constantly in Ibadah, Allahu Akbar -- the beauty of a person. And Allah is describing the best beauty of a woman to be worthy of the companionship of Rasulullah saw. She has to be very special and these are the characteristics He is describing. Aabidat in Salah, in Qiyaam, in Dua, in remembrance of Allah, in pondering of her relationship, pondering the value of her life and actions as they relate to Allah

One time Rabia ash-Shaamiyah, very special wife and Waliyah. Her husband relates that ‘Sometimes she brings me food and says ‘Ya sayyidi eat this food for by Allah it was cooked and prepared by Dhikr of Allah az’’. One time I called her ‘Ya Rabia’ from the other room and he said ‘She didn’t answer me’. In their level that was Qillatul Adab. And he was in his level not angry and didn’t say ‘Didn’t I call u o woman etc’. A while later something like an hour she came and told me ‘Oh Sayyidi, what prevented me earlier from responding to you is that I was in my heart - joy with Allah. I was unable to answer you’. SubhanAllah -- Aabidat.

Rabia al-Adawiyyah; these are students of the students of the mothers of the believers. It is related she was in her room alone. She was not always like that, if you don’t know the history, but at one point her Tawbah was returning to Allah and severing everything else from her life and Allah rewarded her in this Dunya before Akhirah with security independence from the Khalq and more Imaan. She was in her room in her Ibadah. Not everyone knew her. A thief entered her room and she was in Ibadah. The thief looked around and didn’t find anything in her humble abode to take! Nothing was worth to take from that humble home that she used to live in, this pearl of human being! Living in something worth nothing of Dunya. As he was going to leave she said ‘Oh please come back’. He realized she saw him. She said ‘I feel terrible that you entered my home and that you leave without anything. Please I offer you something, please don’t leave my home before praying two rakat, before taking with you 2 rakat and going.’ La ilaa haa illallah. It’s said this is the reason and story why that person repented to Allah and stopped their previous life.

Saahitan… Sawimaat  - women that perform Sawm a lot. Of course the month of Ramadan is Fard. That is obligatory, with desire and love of course. But the Mondays, Thursdays ,thee days of the month and more. Our mother, the mothers of the believers, Aisha [ra]a ,that after Rasulullah saw she used to fast every day ALL YEAR, all her life, except yawm al eid and yam al tashreek -- the days of Eid that are prohibited to fast. Whether it is summer or winter, imagine in Madinah and the weather. There is no snow, there is no time. Where the days are so cold and days are so short. And the summers over there Subhanallah. When the body is in Sawm and struggles from that, what do they say of them? ‘Those who constantly fast, and do not eat a lot , have hunger on account of fast, their bodies become soul like and those of us who eat often and do not fast our bodies become body-like heavy.’

It doesn’t matter if these women were married before or not as long as those characteristics were there.

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Sep 19, 2009 09:40 AM »

Assalaam Alaikum,

How are your hearts. May Allah give sight and hearing to our hearts. Ya Rabbi Ameen.

Do admonish and remind, for admonition and reminders are for those who have Imaan. May Allah az make us of those who have Imaan and pay heed to those who have Imaan.
May Allah make us of those who hear the words of admonition and follow the best of them. Allah says those are the ones who Allah guided and are of deep reflection.

My dear brothers and sisters, Allah tries us in this world with that which is ease and that which is hardship and difficult, whether physically or emotionally or otherwise. And in those challenges; some of them are so difficult, personally, collectively, health-wise, financial. Their impact is always inside of us and we seem to be unable to see clear in the midst of that. We seem to be unable to navigate our way in the face of the challenges we face safely, and without confidence and security and safety in the realm of pleasure of Allah. Isn’t that so? Have you all experienced something like that? I think we all have.

Allah says in the Quran:

64:11 No kind of calamity can occur, except by the leave of Allah. and if any one believes in Allah, ((Allah)) guides his heart (aright): for Allah knows all things.

Subhanallah look at that. Sometimes we don’t see the connection. Look at this.

‘Whatever happens of calamity, it is all by the permission of Allah’ az. As we know, part of our Tawheed, nothing occurs in this universe and beyond, that which we see and that which we don’t see, nothing happens without the knowledge and permission and Iradah of Allah. Nothing. And therefore, remember what we mentioned a few nights ago from Surah Hadid. And in this Surah it says ‘Whatever falls of calamity, it is by the permission of Allah, and the person who shows and acts faithfully ‘yuminallah’, Allah guides his/her heart. Do you see what this means? This is the navigation we need when we are in a state of difficulty and hardships, when we see Dhulm and we are unable to see clear. He says ‘And the person who has that Imaan Allah will guide his heart’. That is into those circumstances that are calamitous, and he/she will be able to see their way clearly in the midst of those problems and difficulties. Subhanallah.

One of the Duas is
‘O Allah , please take me by my hands, in the narrow passages (of life)…’

Intellectual, physical narrowness, all times where we are unable to see, happens to all of us, but there are those that Allah gives Noor. So, please take me by my hands walk me through these narrow passages.

‘Wakshifli wujooal haqaiq ‘…and illuminate for me, the faces of realities…’

In other words help me see with that heart which you guide, see the truth of things. Not only physical things, this issue in which I am in, this problem, or even perhaps this happiness which I am in, show me the real face of things. REAL meanings of what I am going through. For sometimes we might be going through moments of elation but the reality is it could be Adhaab from Allah. and I could be going through difficulties and hardship but the reality is that it could be Khayr for me. The real ‘wajh’.

And when you do that, help me do that which You love. ‘walfiqhni ma tuhubb’.

And ‘…ya Allah please protect me from making mistakes and erring… ‘ As human beings I might fumble.

‘…and do not withdraw from me the cover of your magnanimity…’ Don’t expose me in front of the witnesses on the Day of Judgement because I have erred. Do not ever withdraw from me the veil of your generosity and magnanimity. Please keep that veil over me. SubhanAllah.

Allah will guide his/her heart in the midst of this life, on this road back to Allah az

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #15 on: Sep 19, 2009 09:40 AM »

Allah tells us in Surah Mudathir about a dialogue and sometimes there is dialogue in Akhirah between ppl of Jannah and ppl of Jahannam. Much of that is mentioned in Quran:

074.038 Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds.
074.039 Except the Companions of the Right Hand.
074.040 (They will be) in Gardens (of Delight): they will question each other,
074.041 And (ask) of the Sinners:
074.042 "What led you into Hell Fire?"
074.043 They will say: "We were not of those who prayed;
074.044 "Nor were we of those who fed the indigent;
074.045 "But we used to talk vanities with vain talkers;
074.046 "And we used to deny the Day of Judgment,
074.047 "Until there came to us (the Hour) that is certain."

‘Kullu nafsin bima kasabat raheena’ this is like a divine proverb. ‘Every soul is hostage in what it earned’.

The kind of work, characteristics I had in this world, what I said, what I did, how I used my senses, how I used my feelings, my knowledge, my wealth, we are all hostages to those. Either freed or jailed forever. Wa ya authobillah.

ILLA Ashabul Yameen. As Allah described this scene from the Day of Judgement He said ‘Except for the people of the right’. Those believers of Allah az who lived and acted in this world, struggled to be righteous and do what pleases Allah ‘fee janaatin naeem’.

He talks about the Mujrimoon. To be a Mushrik is to do a criminal act in the divine scale. To reject the divine nature, the divine guidance, divine morality, reject divine spirituality, to reject these Haqaiq, realities, verity is a crime against self and all the universe. Imagine someone who says this universe has come by accident, it has no purpose, no grand meaning, no aim. This person is cursing, ridiculing every creature, particle in the universe, whether material or spiritual. The person who is Mushrik or Kaafir is actually abusing all the creatures of the universe. That’s why it’s the worst crime, it’s not just about one creature, it’s about all space-time and beyond.

So they say to each other ‘yatasaaloon mujrimoon’. ‘What made you walk your way that ended in saqr’ (one of the names of hellfire). They said ‘We were not of those who used to perform Salah’. Ya Lateef. Everything is clear at that time. There is no why, what does that mean. They know the answer.

There are those of us who ‘pray’ but they did NOT perform Salah.  Nowhere I believe in the Quran does it say ‘salloo’ there is ‘iqamatus salah’, establish and perform salah. That means there are some of us who are quote unquote ‘praying’ but not performing Salah. Aauthobillah. And Rasulullah saw teaches us that there are those whose Salah is worth nothing. Nothing.

And at one time there will be people who pray and they will have no lot from Allah from that prayer. Nothing. Rasulullah saw said some pray and they have the worth of their salah ½ of it, 1/3 of it, 1/10 of it. Ibnal qayyim elaborates on the text and says there are some Ibaad who pray and the result is that they are punished!. Waylalil mussaleen. Alatheena hum an salatuhum sahoon.

107.004 So woe to the worshippers
107.005 Who are neglectful of their prayers,

Though these are the criminals of the Mushriks, Kafiroons we should learn a lesson from this.

SECOND: ‘and we were the kind of people who did not feed the poor’ I begin by myself and then I remind you. Did you hear this? Did you hear this? What should I say, what should come to your mind first? Am *I* feeding the poor? This past year did *I* feed a poor person??? In the US or not, Did I Huh?Huh?  and they are in Jahannam and look what they say. The characteristics they describe are Akhlaq towards others.

THIRD: ‘and we used to indulge in arguments’ in terms of religion and God and so on with those who indulge in arguments for the purpose of which is to deny the truth about God, about the messengers of Allah and to reject and argue in ways by which ppl are led to reject the truth. To argue not on account of Ilm, but our own passions and inclinations and desires.  It’s why Allah in the Auran teaches us that if you are with people and then they start indulging in such things, what should you do?. It’s a command, to stand up and LEAVE.

Allah teaches us, if you are with people who start these whimsical arguments about Ayaat, what is divine or not, stand up and leave until they change their discourse, do not stay with them. Those who are in ‘saqr’ part of what they used to do is indulge in those arguments or even sit and listen to them.

FOURTH: ‘And we used to be of those who rejected the day of Judgement’

Ppl who are considered quote unquote ‘very intelligent’, solve problems and do not believe in the day of Judgement and accountability say ‘we used to be of them until CERTAINTY came to us’. And what they mean by certainty is death, because after death there is Yaqeen. Everyone sees and witnesses what the messengers used to say about the future and afterlife, that they couldn’t see and everyone sees all that.

May Allah, my dear sisters and brothers, give us the full Yaqeen of akhirah, of Yawm ad deen. May Allah make us of those who perform Salah, that is a PERFORMANCE, not a quick act. May Allah make us generous to those who are poor and needy and destitute and may Allah make us show that help. May Allah give us clarity in our words and arguments in such away that we speak that which is true and correct and beloved to Allah.

Peace and blessings be upon the prophet.

Alahumma innaka afuan tuhibbiul fafuanna.

nameeman
Bro

« Reply #16 on: Aug 12, 2010 02:24 AM »

Looking forward to this years  lovely "Ramadan Reminders" series.

Will it be continued in this thread or a new one?

RRI (2006):

RRII (2007):
http://www.jannah.org/madina/archives/year2006and2007/index.php?topic=2722.0

May Allah make this month a month of permanent nearness without end.
Let us remember each other in our du'aa.

was'salam

quran21

Reps: 4

« Reply #17 on: Jun 23, 2012 09:50 AM »

I like this post.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: