// fasting
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Dear companions, We have been in love with God For so very, very long. -Hafiz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: fasting  (Read 594 times)
palipeach81
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
palipeach81 has no influence :(

« on: Oct 22, 2011 02:11 PM »

Asssalam alaikum.

I read this and wanted to know if someone can tell me exactly what days these are so inshAllah I can fast?

Abu Hurairah (may Allah be pleased with him) relates that the Prophet (pbuh) said: "There are no days more loved to Allah for you to worship Him therein than the ten days of ZhulHijja. Fasting any day during it is equivalent to fasting one year and to offer salatul tahajjud (late-night prayer) during one of its nights is like performing the late night prayer on the night of power. [i.e., Lailatul Qadr]."

This is related by at-Tirmizhi, Ibn Majah, and al-Baihaqi.
Chaajo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Chaajo has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Oct 24, 2011 06:50 AM »

Search for the word 'fasting' in the Search box. You'll find what you want. Wink

The secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is — to live dangerously!
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 24, 2011 07:21 AM »

wsalam,

again you'll have a lot of moonfighting, but basically dhul hijjah should start next friday Oct 28th and the Day of Arafat (day before Eid) is the most important day for all of us not at hajj to fast. that would fall on saturday, nov 5th as long as sunday nov 6th is Eid for you.

hope that helps!!
ws
Chaajo
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Chaajo has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2011 11:15 PM »

Salam alaikum again. Say if you cut yourself and bleed, will that break your fasting? Please reply back!

The secret for harvesting from existence the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment is — to live dangerously!
~ Friedrich Nietzsche ~
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: