// The last Hour
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Gratitude: The Prophet said: 'Contemplate those who have less than you and not those who have more than you, lest you belittle the favors of Allah conferred upon you'. (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The last Hour  (Read 978 times)
palipeach81
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
palipeach81 has no influence :(

« on: Oct 19, 2011 02:46 PM »

Assalam alkium,
I need some major guidance.
I have some questions that I hope someone can help me with.  I just started reading the Quran (I'm 30 years old, yes I know I started late, lol:)).

It is reading the last hour and Judgement day.  I am reading a book: The Signs Before The Day of Judgement , translated by bin kathir

It about the Sunnahs/Hadiths which the Prophet (May Peace and Blessings be unto him) talks about the signs of the last hour.

One of the signs is, "The Quran will be taken up into heaven." Just before the last Hour, there will be days in which knowledge will disappear and ignorance will appear, and there will be much killing. Islam will become worn out like clothes are, until there will be no one who knows what fasting, prayer, charity and rituals are.  The Quran will disappear in one night, no Ayah will be left on earth.  Some groups of old people will be left who will say, We heard our fathers say La ilaha illa Allah, so we repeat it."  " this indicates that in the last days, knowledge will disappear from the Mushafs and from people's hearts.  People will be left without knowledge.  Only the old people will tell them that they used to hear people saying La ilaha illa Allah; and they will repeat it to feel close to Allah (SWT), so it will give them some blessing, even if they do not have any good deeds or beneficial knowledge." "Knowledge will be taken away from men and ignorance will increase during the last days, because Allah will abandon them.  They will remain like this, and their ignorance and misguidance will increase until the end as in the Hadith of the Prophet ( May Peace and Blessings be upon him): "The hour will not come upon anyone who says 'Allah, Allah'; it will only come upon the most evil of men."

Does this mean, Muslims will forget about Islam? Will the Muslims suffer on the last day?  I know its probably haram to think this, but this actually depresses me. I know Allah has a plan for us and Allah knows best.  I feel like I won't know what to do when the hour comes and what if I don't say, there is no god but God?

Just to let everyone know, I believe in everything a Muslim is suppose to believe in.  I believe in one God and his prophets, etc.  I am not questioning the Quran, just need my understanding on some of its translations and about the last hour.

Also, will this happen to the muslims or non muslims? :
"Some people of this Ummah will be swallowed up by the earth, some will be transformed into animals, and some will be bombarded with stones."

*Even though I have been Muslim all my life and I believe in Allah and everything a muslim believes in, I am not perfect. For example, I told lies, gossiped about people, have trouble controlling my anger, not a perfect wife, do not have patience. Nothing major major, but still these are sins. I am trying really hard to stop this and become a better person.  Will I go to Hell for these? Allah knows best.

Thank you
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 20, 2011 05:47 AM »

Walaikum salam,

A lot going on in that post!! Smiley The signs of the day of judgement are just that; some signs of what may happen. Some are from the Quran, some from Hadith, some from weak Hadith, some from ppl of knowledge. We can't know exactly of course, because these are things from the future and unseen.

From what I understand knowledge and Quran being forgotten will happen to Muslims as well. There will be Muslims who say "la ilaha illallah" but won't know what it means and will just say their ancestors used to say it. But there will still be a group of good Muslims until the end. Not sure what you mean by "will they suffer".

These are all different signs and we still have to go through the Gog and Magog, the Dajjal(anti-christ) and the second coming of Jesus. The last major sign we know will be the sun rising from the West. And then of course on the "Last Day" Angel Israfil will blow the horn and everyone alive will die, and he will blow it again and everyone will rise up for the Day of Judgement.

The 'some ppl of the Ummah' quote I'll assume is talking about Muslims.

No Muslim is perfect sister!! We are all struggling! As for your sins, if you repent for them following the conditions inshaAllah you will be forgiven and enter Jannah.

I wrote an article once long ago about the Journey of the Soul that talks about some of these things. It was checked by a Shaikh so you can read it here inshaAllah: http://jannah.org/articles/souljourn.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: