// Am I weird? I found no joy in it!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: May God steal from you all that steals you away from Him. -Rabi’a al-’Adawiyya
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I weird? I found no joy in it!  (Read 764 times)
Anonymous
« on: Oct 26, 2011 02:09 AM »

The last few years have been kind of rough for our world.
Even though some may regard some of the men who have been killed as 'evil'
and celebrated and werer joyful, I found no joy in their deaths.
Am I weird? Am I not looking at a bigger picture?

When Saddam Hussein, Bin Laden and now Gadhafi were killed I found no joy in their deaths.
It sickened me to see people celebrating. Yes maybe some of them caused others to suffer
but those men were someone womans son, some grandmothers grandsons. I imagine at one time there was
joy in a womans heart for their futures. I feel sad when a person dies even if they were not
what others think of as 'good' people. Even if others think thhey deserved it.  I feel sorrow for what could of been for their lives had they chosen different paths. I realize Allah knows best, somehow I can't help but feel 'what if?'
Is that empathy? Ignorance on my part? (deep sigh)
I wish our world had more compassion and mercy and things were different.
Thank you for letting me share my thoughts
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2011 04:51 AM »

Anonymous those are really beautiful thoughts. I honestly don't think people find joy in the death of tyrants, dictators etc, except that they are happy the said tyrant, dictator can't hurt anyone else. And perhaps there's a little hope for the future now that the person is dead. Sad to say of someone's husband, son etc. But we honestly don't know what kind of person they were privately, and while I feel sad too that they could have taken a different path, I feel that they made their own choices and were given tests multiple times. Now the judging will be up to God.

Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2011 10:38 PM »

Salaam,

I don't think you are weird. I myself feel this way. I am happy for the people who are finally free from the clutches of tyranny but at the same time it hurts to see others celebrate the death of another fellow human being. Allah knows best.
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2011 12:42 AM »

salam

I agree with you, I didn't find any joy or reason to celebrate in this or the other murders either.

It terrifies me that the Ummah behaves like this, what are we a pack of animals?

And when the hour comes how are we meant to ask Allah for compassion and mercy when we do not show his creation the same?

I've heard all the reasons; the oh they did xy & z they deserved it, but honestly when it comes down to it, we are not the ones who are elected to punish those who we perceive as guilty, otherwise what is the point of having a judicial system.

And how can one Muslim countenance killing another? How?

I feel so utterly shocked by it all and so sad...any good that these people did they now have the beating and murdering of a defenseless 70 year old man on their hands. It doesn't take a big person to take out an unarmed old man hiding in the gutter.

I was thinking about this recently and listening to Surah Ad Duha & I decided that I forgive anyone in my life anything I possibly hold a grudge against them for, I pray Allah safeguard me from ever becoming the oppressor or that which I despise.

Wassalaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: