// Indian baby picked as world's 'seven billionth' What # r u!?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: One who thinks and reflects develops his foresight and Vision.-’Ali ibn Abi Talib (RA)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian baby picked as world's 'seven billionth' What # r u!?  (Read 649 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Oct 31, 2011 06:11 PM »

I thought the baby might be Muslim because of the name but don't think so bc of the parents names. Sounds like the 6 billionth was. Nevertheless let's hope she has a happy and good life. I think population is only a problem because we don't handle it properly. All the inequalities in the world. We have more than enough food and resources to support everyone.

There's this cool new scifi series set in 2149 called Terra Nova. The premise is that we've destroyed the Earth with all our pollution and environmental madness. There's also a two child policy the world over with 'population police' that go around to check to make sure ppl are following the law and jails ppl who break it.

There's also that crazy scary Indian movie I mentioned before called "the last girl" or something like that where there are so few girls left because of female infanticide; a nightmare future follows especially for the girl. Such a SHAME this is still being practiced today. --J.

-----------------------

Indian baby picked as world's 'seven billionth' person
Baby Nargis, India's seven billionth baby.

A baby born in India has been declared the world's seven billionth person by child rights group Plan International.

Baby Nargis was born at 07:25 local time (01:55GMT) in Mall village in India's Uttar Pradesh state.

Plan International says Nargis has been chosen symbolically as it is not possible to know where exactly the seven billionth baby is born.

The United Nations estimated that on Monday 31 October, the world's population would reach seven billion.

However, the UN itself has decided not to identify a specific child as the seven billionth person.

Earlier on Monday, the Philippines also declared a symbolic seven billionth baby, a girl born in a Manila hospital.
'Good luck'

Every minute, 51 babies are born in India, 11 of them in the most populous state, Uttar Pradesh.

Nargis was born to Vinita and Ajay Kumar on Monday morning in a small government-run hospital in Mall village, nearly 50km (31 miles) from the state capital, Lucknow, a Plan International official told the BBC.

The daughter of a poor farmer, Nargis was chosen as the seventh billionth baby to focus attention on the ills of female foeticide and India's skewed sex ratio, the organisation said.

Hundreds of thousands of female foetuses are aborted in India every year, even though sex-selective terminations and the use of ultrasound technology for foetal sex-determination are illegal there.

Photos of baby Nargis were shown at a function attended by nearly 250 villagers at the hospital, the BBC's Ram Dutt Tripathi reports from Mall.

Health officials presented the birth certificate to her father at the event.

"We were praying all along for a daughter," Ajay Kumar said. "She is Lakshmi [Hindu goddess of wealth], she will bring us good luck," he said.

A street play staged at the event on the importance of the girl child saw many moist eyes among the audiences, our correspondent says.

The person chosen as the world's symbolic six billionth person, Adnan Mevic - who was photographed in hospital in 1999 with the then UN Secretary General Kofi Annan - is now 12 years old.

His family are living in relatively poor conditions in Sarajevo and have expressed disappointment that since they were visited by Mr Annan, they have heard nothing more from the UN.

It is thought that this could be one reason why the UN has decided not to name a seven billionth child.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2011 06:15 PM »

Here you can find your # in the world!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-15391515

When you were born, you were the: 4,053,588,595th
person alive on Earth

78,403,353,065th
person to have lived since history began

I wonder if I'm giving away my age lol??
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2011 07:07 PM »

When you were born, you were the:   5,005,534,215th  person alive on Earth

79,911,772,274th

thats mine Smiley
moderatesufi
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2011 09:39 PM »

Yes, Hindus really need to all convert to Islam to stop them killing their baby girls.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2011 09:41 PM »

When you were born, you were the:   5,005,534,215th  person alive on Earth

79,911,772,274th

thats mine Smiley

lol you're like a billion ppl younger than me!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2011 10:23 PM »

Mine:

When you were born, you were the: 4,566,832,194th person alive on Earth 79,225,247,853rd person to have lived since history began.

Cooooool!

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2011 12:40 AM »

Mine:

When you were born, you were the:
5,275,476,422nd

person alive on Earth
80,324,898,086th

rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2011 07:08 PM »

2,759,851,745th person alive on Earth
76,149,981,813th person to have lived since history began

I wonder if I'm giving away my age lol??

Cheesy  what about me?   Cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: