// Hadith Specialization Curriculum
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Do to me, O Allah, what is worthy of Thee; And not what is worthy of me. - Saadi al-Shiraz
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hadith Specialization Curriculum  (Read 538 times)
CA TEAM

Reputation Power: 13
CA TEAM has no influence :(

« on: Nov 01, 2011 12:16 PM »

I am a student of knowledge and about to embark my studies in Hadith Studies, I would like to know what is the traditional curriculum for studying the science of hadith. So what are some beginners text, intermediate texts and advanced texts in hadith. Also, what are some major reference books used by hadith scholars.

For the answer you can view http://cordobaacademy.lefora.com/2011/07/31/hadith-specialization-curriculum/0/
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2011 01:25 PM »

sh. suhaib webb posted about the subjects a student of knowledge should be studying. thought they were interesting:

Shaykh ‘Ali Rajab al-Salihi’ al-Azhari’s Approach Towards Building a Student

Shaykh ‘Ali was from the great scholars of al-Azhar. He wrote that 11 sciences (‘Uloom) should be mastered by anyone who truly wanted to start on a path towards becoming from the people of knowledge and da’wah (the call to Islam). This curriculum is still taught in al-Azhar (though modified with some short comings and some improvements), forming the basis of my own approach towards learning and teaching.

The 11 Subjects that a Serious Student should Focus on

Logic
    Theology
    Usul al-Fiqh
    Fiqh
    ‘Ilm al-Ma’ani (rhetoric)
    ‘Ilm al-Bayan (rhetoric)
    ‘Ilm al-Bad’i (rhetoric)
    Grammar
    Morphology
    Sciences of Qur’an
    Sciences of Hadith

A Method

Dr. ‘Abdu al-Rahman Hijazi told me, “Many years ago, if a person wanted to enter al-Azhar, he would have to memorize the Qur’an. Then, while in secondary school, he would study one of the basic books in each subject (it was commendable for a young child to memorize one from each subject) in preparation for entering the high school system.

More to Come

I would encourage serious students to use this as a map to evaluate their studies and progress. Make sure that you master at least one text from each subject, following a path of progression set out for you by a trusted teacher. I plan to write, and record, about this more in the future, mentioning texts, some info about their authors, the authors reason for writing them and some tools that will help master the texts, insha’Allah (if Allah wills).

We ask Allah for tawfiq (good fortune),

Suhaib
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: