Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Al-Ghazali is a quenching sea" - Imam al-Haramayn
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Montreal, wow!  (Read 1494 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Nov 01, 2011 04:55 PM »

Salam alaikum

Hey all!  I got back from a lovely trip to Montreal.  It felt very French, kinda like a piece of Europe in North America!

I loved it!  The trees were just starting to change colour, and for the first few days, the weather was great...then it started raining and got colder.  I made it out before the hectic cold arrived.  So loved it there, but I dont think I would be too chuffed with the -20 degree snowy, windy winter!!!

Loads of Muslims everywhere (every second souvenir shop is owned by arabs or indians, hehehe)...and they sell hijaabs in the malls and everything!  loads of halaal places to eat, so nice to meet hijaabis on the uni campus:)

What I realised? 
- I seriously need to learn French;
- travelling half way across the world and over 6 timezones is not child's play
- travelling through the US was not as bad as I thought, alhamdulillah
- Muslims are EVERYWHERE! alhamdulillah
- There is a reason we are encouraged to travel through the Earth, Allah's magnificence is all over for us to marvel at!!! mashaAllah

ok, thats my 2 cents. 
couple of pics to be attached as soon as I resize them!
Salam
S. oldshaykha
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2011 04:22 AM »

Walaikum Asalaam,

Glad you came back home safely and that you had a nice journey Smiley Alhamdulillah! Can't wait to see your pics!

I really hope to visit Canada one day too InshaAllah  Embarrassed
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Nov 02, 2011 05:16 PM »

walaikum salam,

nice to hear about your travels sis shahida next time you have to venture down here to new york!! Smiley
can't wait to see the pics!! post them i'll resize them iA!!

I've been to Montreal a few times. We used to go as day trips when my younger bro was around. It's actually an amazingly fun city especially in summer. Very beautiful and tons of things to do. And yes they do speak French! which is good because I spent all grade school up to high school learning it! French actually came in handy in shaam too would you believe it Smiley Most Arabs know French as a second language!! I think the french muslim dude smiley is appropriate here Wink  frenchbro
Shahida
Sis

Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #3 on: Nov 03, 2011 10:04 AM »

Salam alaikum

Hey guys, some of the pics...

The skyline from Mount Royal, some buildings, the old port side of town, the quaint old streets, the colourfull trees...

I have loads more, but they all have me in them!!  Tongue

I had a great time, alhamdulillah.  Everyone should go to Montreal at least once!

Salam
S.
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #4 on: Nov 03, 2011 06:04 PM »

Assalaamualikum Sis,

The pics are awsome! Smiley

I guess your photoghraphy skills are  to  be appreciated too Wink

What was the best part of your Montreal visit?

Shahida
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2011 08:26 AM »

Salam alaikum

Thanks sis:)  I have a dinky old camera (bought it for the colour, not because it was really fancy ro anything, just loved the PINK!!)...

Best part, probably climbing the mountain and getting to see that view.  I climbed it with a dear friend, and we chatted all the way up and she indulged my ooohhss and aaahs, and wowzers comments every time I saw a squirrel or a particularlt nice tree.  Her husband is a real photographer, so I think she didnt mind me taking photos and making her pose for them!!

I guess wherever I travel and its safe to walk around alone/later in the evening without feeling paranoid, is a bonus for me alhamdulillah.  Luxuries we don't often get to experience here at home.

Wslm
S smileysis
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2011 04:15 AM »

wsalam,

The pictures are so nice mA, brings back so many memories Smiley Love that city! That's great you had a nice trip, and glad you had the chance to enjoy evenings for once!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: