Hey all! I got back from a lovely trip to Montreal. It felt very French, kinda like a piece of Europe in North America!
I loved it! The trees were just starting to change colour, and for the first few days, the weather was great...then it started raining and got colder. I made it out before the hectic cold arrived. So loved it there, but I dont think I would be too chuffed with the -20 degree snowy, windy winter!!!
Loads of Muslims everywhere (every second souvenir shop is owned by arabs or indians, hehehe)...and they sell hijaabs in the malls and everything! loads of halaal places to eat, so nice to meet hijaabis on the uni campus:)
What I realised?
- I seriously need to learn French;
- travelling half way across the world and over 6 timezones is not child's play
- travelling through the US was not as bad as I thought, alhamdulillah
- Muslims are EVERYWHERE! alhamdulillah
- There is a reason we are encouraged to travel through the Earth, Allah's magnificence is all over for us to marvel at!!! mashaAllah
ok, thats my 2 cents.
couple of pics to be attached as soon as I resize them!