Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PBS The Fabric of the Cosmos starts today!  (Read 808 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 02, 2011 07:51 PM »

Here's a nice forward from the Tazkiya list for all you sciencey ppl!!  chemist

---------

assalamu 'alaykum wa rahmaahtullah,

i pray all is/are well, by His Grace.

i thought to bring to your attention a very interesting documentary series starting today on PBS (Wednesdays at 9:00 pm EST).

From PBS/Nova -

"The Fabric of the Cosmos" takes us to the frontiers of physics to see how scientists are piecing together the most complete picture yet of space, time, and the universe...

- http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/physics/fabric-of-cosmos.html

Preview clip:
-
NOVA | The Fabric of the Cosmos with Brian Greene (Preview) | Premieres Nov. 2 on PBS

Shaykh Mokhtar Maghraoui has often discussed this aim of science - to unifiy all forces in the universe, ie: 'Unification Equation/Theory', or 'Superstring Theory' - as a projection of the tawhid (oneness) of physical laws of the universe, created by Allah, subhanhu wa taala.

Below is a short audio excerpt of Shaykh Mokhtar discussing 'ilm (knowledge), tawhid and the intrinsic tawhid in the pursuits of (secular) scientists today:
http://goo.gl/iBoCZ

[The Shaykh's discussion on the current pursuit of physics and cosmology beings at the 4:00 min mark]

i pray the documentary series and audio exerpt benefits us - by helping us see the Creator, subhanhu wa taala, through His creation.

was'salam
LukeS
Madina Seeker

Reputation Power: 0
LukeS has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2012 04:16 PM »

Shaykh Mokhtar Maghraoui has often discussed this aim of science - to unifiy all forces in the universe, ie: 'Unification Equation/Theory', or 'Superstring Theory' - as a projection of the tawhid (oneness) of physical laws of the universe, created by Allah, subhanhu wa taala.

I recently read In Search of the Multiverse by John Gribbin and IIRC he said that there may be many other universes with alternative local laws of nature. In fact the anthropic principle in philosophy of science, that the laws are tuned in our cosmos to favour life, and in a statistically unlikely manner, suggests to the theorist not that God-did-it (mind, no scientist can really invoke God as a theoretical entity). Rather the conjecture is that our universe is a very unlikely variation of an theme. If viewed as unique fine tuning arguments may rule, but if viewed as a stistical fluctuatin, a variation on of a trillion billion* alternatives than our localised life and intelligence is not that suprising.

*I think in hadith it is said there a 7 heavens and 7 earths.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: