Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who's your favourite sheikh?  (Read 4952 times)
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« on: Mar 18, 2008 03:17 PM »

peace be upon you

My friend just asked me who my favourite sheikh was and why?  It was a tough question, really...

I like so many shuyukh...alhamdulillah, it's really amazing when someone can touch you with their words, and you leave their lectures (virtual or otherwise) with a sense of upliftment Smiley having learnt something new, or put a new spin on something...

Do you have a favourite sheikh, and why?  Those of you who can actually hear/see the sheikh in real life, LIVE, are really lucky:) mashaAllah...

Wasalam
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2008 12:06 AM »

Salaams,

Shaykh Nuh H M Keller rahimahullah

Shaykh Hamzah Yusuf rahimahullah

Shaykh Tariq Jamil rahimahullah

For those of you who understand urdu, look up Tariq Jamil on youtube!

As for why do I like them, because they totally reach to one's heart mashaAllah. I haven't listened to Hamzah Yusuf live though.

Wasalam.

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
blackrose
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
blackrose has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19, 2008 04:30 AM »

I havent listened to enough to have a favorite..
but I really like hamza yusuf, siraj wahaj, suheb webb
cat
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
cat has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19, 2008 01:58 PM »

Moulana Yunus Patel

Moulana Suleiman Moola for his lectures.

Mufti Ismail Menk first for his Quran Recitation and then his lectures.  See the following links :-
Google Search
Mufti Menk's Website

Shiekh Abu Bakr Shatri for Quran Recitation.

My most favourite of all time lectures HAS to be Mothers of the Believers (by Imama Suhaib Webb?)
umm ibraheem
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
umm ibraheem has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Mar 23, 2008 02:45 AM »

One of my favorites is Shaykh Yasir Qadhi. Reason being is that whatever sentence he says is almost always backed up by a hadith or an ayah, masha-allah. And he's very clear.
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #5 on: Mar 23, 2008 03:41 PM »

peace be upon you

duh, I forgot to post my favourites...

Sis UmmIbraheem, I really like Sh. Yasser al Qadhi too. I find it amazing that he is both an engineer and a sheikh, and mashaAllah, I think he can really contribute to our Ummah...he opened the door to a better understanding of Tawheed for me, and mashaAllah, he always has something to teach everyone. 

I also like Sh AlHabeeb Ali Jifri...he is *so* sincere, mashaAllah, and he speaks very eloquently (after you get over the g instead of q  Tongue ) And he has brought me to tears so many times, I find him very inspirational.  If he knew english, man, he would really rock!

Sh. Moutassem al Hameedi always has something uplifting to say.  I have only ever seen him on TV, but mashaAllah, I love that even when the audeince says something daft, he can reinvent what they said, and make it into something amazing, without letting them feel stupid.  He was my numero uno, until he made some comments about women who work/leave the house etc...i was like , man, alhamdulillah, nobody is perfect.  He recites quraan really beautifully, and mashaAllah, I can really feel Allah's words when he recites them.  as he does, mashaAllah...

Also, Sh M. Ratib anNabulsi is cool.  He is really tuned in to the society, and I love the way he speaks.  Also always learn something new. Plus he speaks relatively decent Arabic, which is always a plus.

I have so many, these are the ones that popped into my mind right now.

I think the ones i dont really like, are those who are extremely serious, dont know any sort of kindness in their speech, and basically just make Islam about the Haraam, and about Jahannum.

Sis Cat, I liek Sh Suliman Moola too. Have experienced him live several times...but he always seems to get me to the point where I think, man he is great...then he says something seriously off, and I get deflated again...so he often dissappoints.

Ok, salam
S.
a_desert_rose
Sis

a_desert_rose has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Mar 26, 2008 07:07 AM »

Sheikh Aa'idh al-Qarni and Amr Khaled --with subtitles, of course Smiley

Sheikh Yusuf Estes

Sheikh Yasir Al-Qadhi

I haven't seen any of their talks live but I don't really feel it makes much of a difference..it's the message that's important right?

Wassalam
shareislam
Sis

shareislam has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Mar 27, 2008 07:16 AM »

Salam Alaikum--
One sheik not mentioned is Muhammad Alshareef. One of his lectures called Have you Tasted Jannah brought me to tears and was sooo inspirational. Also enjoy Sheik Hamza and suhaib webb.

purplehijabisis
nuh
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2008 08:07 PM »

As salaam alaikum.

I guess this is when I get tomatoes and fruit thrown at me...

Sheikh Abd al-Aziz ibn Abd Allah ibn Baaz - For legal rulings
Sheikh Salah Abdul Rahman Bukhatir - Quranic recitation
Sheikh Feiz Mohammad - For when I want to be scared

Ma'as salaama,
nuh
 bro
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Apr 04, 2008 12:05 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

I've been listening to a CD Set called 'Sacred Law in Secular Lands' and it has made me really, really love Sh. Bin Bayyah for his wisdom and the depth of his knowledge... it's amazing how the more knowledgeable someone is, the more broad the deen seems from his/her perspective, and reasonable, logical, and beautiful...

Sh. Habib Ali Jafri is also an amazing speaker.  His Arabic is very faseeh (once you learn the ga for qaf thing Smiley)  He is really one of those people who reminds me of Rasulullah saw when I see him/hear him.

Dr. Tariq Suwaidan is also a very nice speaker to listen to [though I guess he would be considered more of a da'iy], he has a great program on the Risala Channel called al-Wasatiyya, Arabic speakers should check it out Smiley

Hmm I have to think more about English speaking shuyukh... but Imam Suhaib always keeps it real and is very sincere.  I love how Imam Zaid Shakir is always in touch with political/social realities and can relate to them in his talks, and of course Sh. Mokhtar Maghraoui is one of my all time favorites, for opening the doors to spiritual depths and tazkiyat un-nafs [purification of the self] for us lay people....

Dr. Ingrid Mattson is very inspiring, to see a woman with such confidence, intelligence and education... she has a new book out on the Quran which I'm really psyched about Smiley

may Allah bless all of our teachers and the ulema  Kiss

wasalaam
bebzi
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Apr 26, 2008 12:58 PM »

wsalaam,

This is a good, but very difficult question Smiley I like many of those mentioned by others. I think we can take the benefit from most scholars if we try inshaAllah, but I don't like the one's that call to exclusivity of their madhab/idealogy.

maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008 11:52 AM »

salam
 my fav is sheikh mohd salah he backs up wat he says wit proof from the qur'an and sunnah and he knows alooooot then sheikh yassir qadhi and sheikh Assim Al hakim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: