Welcome Guest, please login or register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TWINS OF FAITH conference at London Excel. 19th Nov 2011  (Read 1642 times)
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« on: Nov 07, 2011 12:36 PM »

Salam,

First TWINS OF FAITH conference by Mercy Mission. Looks quite good, plus great speakers such as Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan (in UK first time... Smiley ) & Sheikh Tawfique Choudhury Smiley.  Looks like a good day for the family too.

I'm thinking of going... Anyone else? Here's the link... Check it out for yourself.

http://uk.twinsoffaith.com/

Ma'Salam,
Cinders

PS: if you book by 8th Nov, it's 2 for 1 offer & kids go free. *** bonus****

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2011 08:22 PM »

wsalam,

You know what I've noticed about UK Islamic events/classes is that you have to pay for all of them!! Is this the norm over there? I guess that means people can create really great events/courses and these scholars are supported and let's them concentrate on more learning and teaching and no doubt you guys have a huge selection of different and awesome things, but really can ppl afford all this stuff??

In the US we're just not used to paying for anything Islamic yet. Even courses held by AlMaghrib and other groups are controversial because of the amounts they charge.

Anyways just an observation!!
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2011 08:51 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

There are lots of events which are free Alhamdulillah. My local masjid runs great halaqa's and events for which are all free. Actually on the same date there's a FREE dinner & a Halaqa on at East London Mosque. However, I guess participants could make donations if they so chose. Lots of courses charge nominal fees,  sometimes there's concession rates too, for people who are not working/ students etc ...and if someone finds it difficult to make the payments they ask to speak to course organisers.
I think the fees such as Al Maghreb and Al Kauthar courses charge are reasonable, just to cover overheads and just to keep going and spread dawah. I guess Nouman Ali khan (from Canada??.. I think that's where he lives) to bring him over with flights and accommodation etc.. isn't going to be cheap.
Personally I've never attended one of these events (always meaning to), hence I'm going to go. Also, an adult ticket is £20, but works out to be £10 if you take up the offer. I think that's quite reasonable personally as the Excel Centre as a venue is not cheap to hire out I'm guessing (as it's HUGE, by UK standards).

Ma'Salam,
Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: