// Help... Yahoo news commentators against Islam...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: If you are going through hell, keep going. - Winston Churchill
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help... Yahoo news commentators against Islam...  (Read 1078 times)
Cookie_Eater
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
Cookie_Eater has no influence :(

« on: Nov 11, 2011 11:38 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

Dear brothers and sisters,

Have you guys ever been to yahoo news? Whenever they post an article having to do with Islam, Everyone posts such horrible comments. In the Holy Quran Allah tells us about the hard hearts of these people and when you go and read the comments it really is like that they really are hard hearted. I read their comments and I feel so sick. I try to explain to these people the truth about Islam but they are so persistent. I am so tired of them. And yet I don't see many other Muslims trying to change their thinking. I feel like I should explain it to them but at times I feel like I am just wasting my time. There are so many people and they say awful things and they keep posting Ayats from the Holy Quran about how men are allowed to beat their wives, and how Islam are out to kill all infidels, and they even go so far as to blasphemy against the Holy Prophet (PBUH) and his marriage to Hazrat Aisha..

Should we all go and retaliate with our knowledge of Islam and clear their concepts? Should we just ignore? It is really breaking my heart..What is the right thing to do?

Link to an article with too many haters: http://news.yahoo.com/detroit-prayer-event-puts-muslim-community-edge-080208099.html#ugccmt-container
Cookie_Eater
Sis

« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2011 11:57 PM »

One person mentioned some Sheik Yousuf Qaradhawi does anyone know who this man is???  This is what the person wrote:

Sheik Yousuf Qaradhawi, one of the most influential clerics in Sunni Islam and head of the European Council for Fatwa and Research and the International Council of Muslim Clerics, has also advocated wife-beating on multiple occasions in his 1984 book "The Lawful and the Prohibited in Islam," and on his weekly Al Jazeera program, which is popular among the surging number of European Muslims who increasingly look to religious leaders from the Middle East for religious guidance. This is particularly true with the growth of viewers watching Arab TV stations, available on satellite TV in Europe, which frequently airs shows dedicated to teaching a husband how to beat his wife.

I told her i don't know who this man is but he is not following Islam correctly..
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2011 01:05 AM »

Yeah, we've all seen these posts.  A lot of times I don't even bother looking 'cause I know what the trolls will be saying.  But sometimes when I'm in a masochistic mood, I'll take a look at the posts.  Sometimes I go down the list and 'thumb down' all the stupid comments and sometimes I even respond to them, but most of these people don't want to listen to anyone.  They just want to spew hate....
Cookie_Eater
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2011 01:12 AM »

Yeah, we've all seen these posts.  A lot of times I don't even bother looking 'cause I know what the trolls will be saying.  But sometimes when I'm in a masochistic mood, I'll take a look at the posts.  Sometimes I go down the list and 'thumb down' all the stupid comments and sometimes I even respond to them, but most of these people don't want to listen to anyone.  They just want to spew hate....

Thanks for your reply sister. It feels good to know that other Muslims are in the same way. I have been seeing a few more posts from Muslims now but I wish there were more. These christians and atheists are out of control. I guess it happens all the time from what you say. I only came to see it like this week...it is really shocking to me... Jazakallah.
Cookie_Eater
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2011 01:54 AM »

I feel sick guys. Is this what all Americans think about Muslims? I was born here but I did not know that they hate me so much.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2011 05:46 AM »

I feel sick guys. Is this what all Americans think about Muslims? I was born here but I did not know that they hate me so much.

wsalam,

Yeah those comments are well known. Especially on those yahoo articles. I don't think they're representative of everyone in the US but it does give you a very scary and clear idea of how scared/completely ignorant and hateful people are about Islam.

My Dad actually likes replying to those articles!!, but I really don't see the point. I doubt very much posting a response to a comment there is going to change that person's mind or other people's minds about Islam, but Allahu alam. I know some ppl say they are successful and get responses and personal exchanges with people.

I remember right after 9/11 I received a ton of hate email, but after I responded calmly and nicely so many of them wrote back "sorry, i was angry' or 'you're right' etc... a human touch just totally changed their hate and they were willing to engage instead of spew.

So if you have the time and inclination I'd say go ahead, but you have to have a very hard shell and not get burned out or affected by it; which is extremely difficult even for the most well-seasoned da'ees.

PS Shaikh Yusuf Qaradawi is one of the most knowledgable and well known scholars of our time. I have that book the Lawful & Prohbited, pray tell me what page is "wife-beating" on!!! Where do these people get this stuff? Now when they want to discredit and attack someone they just start making stuff up. Such a shame!!

and this "This is particularly true with the growth of viewers watching Arab TV stations, available on satellite TV in Europe, which frequently airs shows dedicated to teaching a husband how to beat his wife."

Ridiculous! What shows and on what stations. All that garbage is is no doubt parts of efforts to discredit Al Jazeera and other Muslim media because they show a different view than the propaganda almost exclusive local news shown in the US.

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2011 01:38 PM »

Assalaamualaikum,

Yeh Sis,like sis Jannah said,you have got to develop a thick skin and be ready to bear with all those harsh comments.

It is nothing when compared to what our Prophet (P.B.U.H) and his companions had to bear.
Ultimately most of the non-muslims were won over by mere good behavior and good morals displayed by our Prophet(P.B.U.H) and his companions.

So we must not lose our cool when we interact with non-muslims.And it is better to not get into any kind of arguments..Try your best.Leave the rest to Allah,do not fret over it.

This reminds me of the Surah-Kafiroon and it's  last verse which translates to-"Onto you your  religion ,Onto me my religion"

pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2011 04:50 PM »

Yahoo, AOL and other large Comments forums are hot beds of nastiness.  Muslims are not the only group that is routinely insulted.  Other ethnic, religious and political groups are also treated badly.  Anonymity gives people the "courage" to say things they wouldn't dare say in public.  The Comments areas on these mega-sites are the refuge of cowards. 

It's like a bad traffic accident: You want to look, but it's probably better if you don't.
Cookie_Eater
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2011 08:27 AM »

Salaam sisters thank you for your replies. I am afraid somethimes i do lose my cool Sad They are really horrible people and they call us names and insult everything in our religion Angry....i feel bad but i try to make them see how wonderful Islam is...maybe i should stop.. there was teacher who called me names and said treated me like i am lower class. like he is from the KKK or something. I hope soon they realize how wrong they are. All the information they give against Islam is false and made up....It's really sad. Sad
Cookie_Eater
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2011 08:29 AM »

I show them this and yet they all reject it.

For those of you who don't get it, it is the Holy Bible referring to the coming of Holy Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)...
 "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
 like unto thee,
 and I will put my words in his mouth;
 and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." Deut.18:18
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2011 08:33 PM »

Sis Cookie Eater:

Given the subject, I thought you might like this article:

http://maniacmuslim.com/?p=1403

You're not alone...  Cheesy
Cookie_Eater
Sis

« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2011 03:54 AM »

Sis Cookie Eater:

Given the subject, I thought you might like this article: