Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 18, 2014 01:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Double, double toil and tazkiyah.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hijab questions  (Read 2132 times)
palipeach81
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
palipeach81 has no influence :(

« on: Nov 12, 2011 01:03 PM »

Assalam,
InshAllah I will be wearing the hijab soon. Who is allowed to see me without it on? My husband has 3 brothers and 2 male cousins that i see on a daily basis that he considers to be close with. Also my 2 sister n laws husbands that come over. What's the ruling on this?
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2011 06:01 PM »

Walaikumassalam
Except for the father-in-law, no other male in-law is a permanent mahram. So, none of the people you mentioned can look at you without the hijab. Good job btw, progressing from prayer to hijab, nice Smiley You'll do well InshAllah. Don't forget to make dua for me Smiley
palipeach81
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
palipeach81 has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2011 08:08 PM »

InshAllah Akhan, I will make dua for you:)

Im really surprised my husband brothers cannot see me without a head scarf.
akhan
Bro

akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2011 03:22 AM »

Good Luck!
moderatesufi
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2011 11:38 AM »

It is actually most important he doesn't see you with Hijab.

One of the Sahaabah said to him, “O Messenger of Allaah, what about the brother-in-law?“

He said: “The brother-in-law is death!“

[Bukhaaree, Fath al-Baari, 9/330]
akhan
Bro

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2011 12:13 PM »

moderatesufi, there is a context behind that hadith. Why don't you quote that as well?
moderatesufi
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2011 09:39 PM »

If you want to make up a context to contradict its meaning go ahead and do so.

I have placed the Hadith here, and not much else.

austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2011 10:47 PM »

http://alqiyama.blogspot.com/2011/01/dangers-in-home.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some homes are not free of the presence of relatives of the husband who are not mahram for the wife, who may be living in his home with him because of some social circumstances, such as his brothers who may be students or single. These relatives enter the home without anyone raising an eyebrow, because they are known in the neighbourhood as being relatives of the head of the household, his brothers or nephews or uncles. This relaxed attitude could generate a lot of evil which will earn the wrath of Allah if is not controlled and brought within the limits set by Allah. The basic principle in this matter is the hadith of the Prophet, salallahu aleihi wa salam,
"Beware of entering house of (non mahram)* women. A man from among the Ansar said, "O, Messenger of Allah, what do you think about the brother-in-law (husband`s brother) ?" He said: " The brother-in-law (of the wife) is death! **

*Mahram means relatives with whom marriage is forbidden. A relationship by marriage or close blood ties that permanently prohibits marriage between two people.

** Fath al-Bari, 9/330.

An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said: " What is reffered to in this hadith is the husband`s relatives apart from his father and his sons , because those are mahrams for his wife and can be alone with her, so they are not described as death. What is reffered to here is his brother, nephew, uncle and cousin, and others who she would be permitted to marry if she were not already married. Usually people take the matter lightly with regard to these relatives, so a brother may be alone with his brother`s wife. Thus he is likened to death, when he should be prevented from being alone with her more than a stranger should." ***

The phrase "brother-in-law is death", has a number of meanings , such as:

# That being alone with the brother-in-law may lead to spiritual destruction if sin is commited;

# It may lead to death if adultery is commited and the punishment of stoning is carried out on her;

# It may lead to the woman`s destruction if her husband leaves her because his jealousy leads him to divorce her;

# It may mean, beware of being alone with a non-mahram woman just as you are beware of death;

# It may mean that being alone with a nonmahram woman is as bad as death;

# It is said that it means , let the brother-in-law die rather than be alone with a non-mahram woman.

All of this stem from the concern of Islam to preserve families and households, and to prevent the tools of destruction reaching them in the first place. Having learned what the Prophet, salallahu aleihi wa salam, said,

"What do you think now of those husbands who tell their wives, If my brother comes and I am not here, let him into the sitting room, or a wife who tells a guest, Go into the sitting room , when there is no one else present in the house?"

To those who raise the issue of trust as an excuse, saying I trust my wife, and I trust my brother, or my cousin, we say: your trust is all well and good, and you should not be suspicious when you have no cause to do so, but you should know that the hadith of the Prophet, sallallahu alayhi wa salam,

"No man is alone with non-mahram woman, but the Shaytan- Satan- is the third one present with them." (Reported by Tirmidhi, 1171)
akhan
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Nov 14, 2011 03:37 AM »

If you want to make up a context to contradict its meaning go ahead and do so.

I have placed the Hadith here, and not much else.
Dude, I don't want to contradict it or anything, but something without the context can be dangerous, just like the verse which says kill every kafir without the context will make us look like tyrants. Similarly, you posting it without the context is good for your radical ideology but it changes the ruling and we don't want that, do we?

palipeach, contrary to what moderatesufi says, you can be around your brother-in-law with the hijab and with your husband(or any other mahram) but being alone with him is what's not allowed, even with the hijab.

Allahu 'alam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: