// Love blooms in Zuccotti Park: Protesting Occupy Wall Street lovebirds tie the
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: [When somebody spills tea on your carpet] "Don't be like 'Do you know how much that cost me? Look at what you just did', you should be like 'Oh, no-no-no don't worry about it, I love tea on my carpet'"- Shaykh Hamza Yusuf
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Love blooms in Zuccotti Park: Protesting Occupy Wall Street lovebirds tie the  (Read 1059 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 14, 2011 03:36 AM »

Cutest thing ever! I'm sure by tomorrow there'll be a ton of singles joining the movement Wink -- J.

================

Love blooms in Zuccotti Park: Protesting  Occupy Wall Street lovebirds tie the knot

Activists met at protest in September

Newlyweds Micha Balon and Emery Abdel-Latif after exchanging vows at Occupy Wall Street in Zuccotti Park.

NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Two lovebirds who met protesting Wall Street in Zuccotti Park tied the knot Sunday morning at a humble ceremony in a small corner of the ongoing demonstration.

In front of about a dozen friends and onlookers, Emery Abdel-Latif, 24, and Micha Balon, 19, held a traditional Muslim wedding on Trinity Place and Liberty Street, perched on a small bench next to the park's famous sculpture of a seated man with a briefcase.

“We have to be able to understand truly how unique this relationship is,” said Khalid Latif, the chaplain at New York University who married the eager duo.

“You have been given a deep blessing today,” he said.

The two activists met in September when they were trying to find a space in the crowded park to pray. They immediately hit it off.

A month later, they both knew they wanted to spend the rest of their lives together - without delay.

“We met here and it’s cheap. We don’t have to pay anything,” said the giddy bride, dressed in a white skirt and blouse with a small cloak.

“I'm really glad God has granted me someone who cares about people in this world other than himself.”

Balon, a Hunter College student from Staten Island studying human rights and Middle East studies, said marrying in Zuccotti Park’s “sacred space” ensured their life together was starting on the right note.

“This is a good way not to make the marriage about ourselves,” she said. “We are fighting for equality here. This is a great way to start off our marriage.”

Abdel-Latif, a prospective law student from West Chester County, Pa., said Balon changed his life.

“I'm not sure I believed in love before I met her,” he said. “She's the person I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

After they sealed the deal, the small crowd applauded and the couple scrambled to take wedding photos amid the sea of tents.

“I think it’s a cute love story - one of the cutest I've ever heard,” said Quainat Zaman, 19, a college friend of Balon’s.

In another part of the park, a huge phalanx of volunteer doctors and nurses dispensed free flu shots to protect the protesters with winter looming.

“We're getting 99 doctors and nurses here to help the 99%,” said Dr. John Jacoby with Physicians for a National Health Program. “We are here to say that everyone needs health care.”

Dr. Mary O'Brien, who was helping out, said: “Many people here are young and healthy. We'd like to keep them that way.”

moderatesufi
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2011 10:51 AM »

Nice beard. Smiley
I hope she will became Muslim.
If she already is, I hope someone buys her a Hijab.
Nafs
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2011 09:32 PM »

Awww this is so cute mashaAllah <3

May they be blessed with a happy marriage InshaAllah.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2011 09:57 AM »

salam

That is really lovely, but I keep reading it as 'Love blooms over zuchinni...'

“I'm not sure I believed in love before I met her,”

May Allah always make both their hearts feel this way about one other.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: