Welcome Guest, please login or register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TORONTO: Reviving the Islamic Spirit 2011: Dec 23-25  (Read 2892 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 17, 2011 12:10 AM »

Looks great as usual!! Me and Nafs trying to work out if we can go in the chat lol. Anyone else coming??

=============================
http://www.revivingtheislamicspirit.com/convention/index.php

"Reviving the Islamic Spirit" convention is an attempt by the youth to help overcome new challenges of communication and integration. The convention aims to promote stronger ties within the North American Society through reviving the Islamic tradition of education, tolerance and introspection, and across cultural lines through points of commonality and respect.

The trailer is like so amazingly fabulous Smiley

Spirit of RIS 2011 - Amr Khaled, Tariq Ramadan, Hamza Yusuf, Habib Ali and Zaid Shakir
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2011 03:53 AM »

Yes!! Hopefully we can attend InshaAllah and other fellow Madina citizens can join... it seems absolutely amazing mashaAllah  smileysis
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2011 10:03 AM »

salam

I will try to go insha'Allah.  This year should be special.   My husband probably won't come. He does not like these things. 

I think I may even try to take the kids - they should have baby sitting. 

take care
GhettoHijabi
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
GhettoHijabi has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2011 02:49 AM »

Toronto RIS Conference - Volunteer Opportunites, Discounted Tickets!

Volunteer opportunities now available at the SeekersHub Booth during the Reviving the Islamic Spirit Convention 2011. The SeekersHub Team is looking for people interested in serving their community & supporting access to free islamic education. If you have 2 hours to spare and would like to get involved, please email hr@seekershub.org. In addition to helping others, you will receive a 30% discount on your ticket to the convention.

Another way to sign up:

Interested in volunteering at the SeekersHub Bazaar booth at RIS 2011?

It’s easy…SeekersHub is using VolunteerSpot (an online sign up and reminder tool) to schedule volunteers. Please sign up before the spots fill up! Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:

1. Visit our invitation page on VolunteerSpot - http://tinyurl.com/7veropx
2. Enter your email address - No registration required!
3. Sign Up!
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2011 02:47 AM »

WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2011 02:57 AM »

Saw some tweets from a twitter buddy and sounds like it's great.

Mishary al Afasy (aka akhan's buddy hehe) was reciting Surah Ad-Dukhan I believe)

I hoe I get to go to one of these ISNA/RIS type conferences one day.

I've got one of my Indian cousins living the American Muslim life with MSA's etc and look at poor old me.....

Wink

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2011 03:47 AM »

Mishary al Afasy (aka akhan's buddy hehe)
ah...I wish Smiley May Allah grant righteous company to all of us.
um aboodi
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2011 03:40 PM »

salam

I can't attend unfortunately. Father is coming back from travels tonight so I will be busy with him.  Insha'Allah everyone can enjoy the conference.

take care
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2011 10:51 PM »

salams,

sh. hamza and imam zaid will be speaking at 6:15pm est!! check out the link i posted up there (you have to be logged in) i'll be listening while cooking my christmas dinner... .i mean dinner Wink

ws
um aboodi
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Dec 25, 2011 04:44 AM »

salam

jazaki Allah khair Jannah!  I love it! I hope had a lovely "dinner" :-)

take care
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Dec 26, 2011 06:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: