// Need a good turkey recipe!!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Sincerity: The Prophet said: 'Actions will be judged according to their intentions.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a good turkey recipe!!  (Read 770 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Nov 23, 2011 05:54 PM »

Salams ppl!,

OK I finally got a halal turkey for this year yayyy... they only have them this time of year, but not sure how to cook it properly. There's like hundreds of recipes online!! Anyone have a true and tried recipe?? I have stuffing, celery, carrots, potatos and all kinds of spices...
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2011 05:33 AM »

Walaikum Asalaam,

Apparently my mom cooked a nice turkey ...I myself haven't tried it yet...

I actually don't know how she did it either but I know the night before she marinated it in vinegar, garlic, salt, and lemon (at least). Then when she was baking it she cut two oranges and it put it inside the turkey ... my aunt had also suggested putting celery in it but I think my mom forgot.

Lol, not sure if this is much help but yeah, hopefully you get well cooked turkey lol.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2011 03:39 AM »

This is the very basic recipe I used...

Thanksgiving turkey recipe: How to roast a turkey

It was good and easy, the only thing is once it's done take it out of the oven!! leaving it in overcooks it more and then the skin becomes tough and too chewy. The inside was really good though.. mm mmm having a leftover sandwich right now Wink

Heres the pic of our belated Eid/not really thanksgiving dinner Wink
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2011 09:00 AM »

NICE yum yum...  hungry
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2011 08:52 PM »

That looks good right now ...  Embarrassed

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print