Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 16, 2014 05:00 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a dars.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hair Loss  (Read 1335 times)
Noora
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Noora has no influence :(

« on: Nov 27, 2011 12:08 AM »

As salaamu alaikum sisters!

Does anyone happen to have the magical recipe to stop hair-loss? Aside from using olive oil? =P

Thanks!

"And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided." (Surah Baqarah, Verse 186, The Glorious Qur'aan)
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2011 01:53 AM »

If the condition is being caused by a hormonal imbalance or a vitamin deficiency, there might be medications or supplements that will stop the hair loss.  Might be worth seeing a doctor?
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2011 04:05 AM »

walaikum salam,

I think there was a more detailed thread in the sisters-only section. Some suggestions were:

- Getting it checked out with a doctor
- Start taking a supplement
- Cut off a lot of inches to get rid of the split ends
- Wash with warm water and at the end rinse hair with freezing cold water
- Olive oil/coconut oil
- Not tying the hair too tightly in ponytails
- Not brushing hair when wet
- Regular exercise, better diet, less stress

can't remember the rest... but the above seemed to work!!

I will also suggest John Freida Full Repair Shampoo & Conditioner. It ain't cheap but it's worth it!!
Noora
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Noora has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2011 08:23 PM »

Hmm, I suppose it could be a lack of some vitamins.  I do cut off about an inch or two off the bottom frequently.  I guess I'll keep trying the olive oil.  I'm not sure about the shampoo because I have a dry scalp and it drives me crazy (itchiness) when I use certain shampoos. Jazaki Allahu khairan for the advices! =)

"And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided." (Surah Baqarah, Verse 186, The Glorious Qur'aan)
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2011 06:30 AM »

Prenatal vitamins (I guess this is if you're trying to attack a lot of stuff at once) or maybe Biotin (I believe this is really good for hair?)

Hormonal balance relates to hair loss too Sad I need to open up a thread about this (or search first I guess)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: