Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. - Lao Tzu
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Be a Better Muslim and Stop Sinning As a 16 year-old?  (Read 2081 times)
SlaveOfAllah
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
SlaveOfAllah has no influence :(

« on: Nov 29, 2011 03:10 AM »

Asalaamu Alaikum...       I need help to stop the major sins i commit every now and then...I am only 16 and I am proud of myself that I have changed from not praying at all to pray ing everyday' saying allah's name alot but there is this one sin that if i could just stop would make me feel SO better...can someone give me advice on how to stop sinning and just be a MUSLIM.

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2011 05:19 AM »

Assalamu alaikum.
There is nothing as difficult as abrupt halting of a sin especially one that has become part and person of oneself. But we all can stop anything that Allah commanded us to stop if we so wish with His help. My advice is tell Almighty Allah that you want stop it and seek for His help. Pray during sujuds and after voluntary nawafils, inshaAllah you will accomplish it.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Jamalledine
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Jamalledine is not to be trusted!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2011 09:07 AM »

WS,

As young as your age surely you will have more undertakings in life than you expected, sometimes by lack of experience and knowledge will lead you to a mistake and not even feel regrets out of it. The bottom line is that seeking knowledge about Islam (what is halal and what is haram, what is haqq and what is batil) causes a person to refrain from sins especially major sins because the more you know about the religion Islam the more you are protected from commiting sins.

Jazakallah...
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2011 01:54 AM »

wsalam,

bro sins can destroy your life, no joke. even at 16. even minor sins that are committed over and over again can be considered a major sin!! this can affect all areas of your life. let's be scared that Allah won't bless us in anything nor answer our duas if we continue.

you know that it's wrong, you have to make sure you are repenting properly and part of that repentance is to remove all access/environments that lead to the sin and promise to never do it again! like someone who is addicted to watching bad things, they need to avoid things that lead to it, to make sure never to have access to those things, put the computer in the family room, add filters where they don't remember the passwords, sell their computer and only use the one at the library... things like that. it's one's hereafter that is important here!

whatever the sin is type it in google with the word muslim and help and inshaAllah i'm sure you'll find a bunch of fatwas and articles about it to help start you on your way.

you have to actively acknowledge you'll always have this problem, kind of like an alcoholic. an alcoholic will always be an alcoholic even if they never drink. you can't just 'try' not to commit the sin again, you have to really change your lifestyle and busy yourself in other things to make sure you don't have the opportunity to do it again. you can't let go and can't expect Allah to forgive you especially if you're doing it over and over again.

you're old enough to be responsible for your deeds, and you're young enough to change and be an amazing person and muslim in the future. may Allah help you and you'll be in our duas!
UBAB
Bro

Reputation Power: 3
UBAB has no influence :(

2 [agree] or not 2 [disagree]-that is the question

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2011 05:57 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum...       I need help to stop the major sins i commit every now and then...I am only 16 and I am proud of myself that I have changed from not praying at all to pray ing everyday' saying allah's name alot but there is this one sin that if i could just stop would make me feel SO better...can someone give me advice on how to stop sinning and just be a MUSLIM.

As-salam-mu-alaikum Bro,

I haven't been on the Madinat for a long time, but for some reason I decided to check today...

First of all - WE LOVE YOU! All of us, each and everyone of us are your family. Jzk for entrusting us with your problem and allowing us the amana to help you. You have already taken the first step: understanding that there is a problem. Allahadulilah. You have the understanding and wisdom that something has to change.

Allah has planned something better for you - and its best that we turn to Him to guidance. How else did you end up here where amazing people such as Sis Jannah and others are here to listen to you. He will answer your prayers if you ask him for sincere repentance.

Here are some things to help you right away

Reactive Measures:
1.) Stay away from immediate Haram, especially anything that leads to shirk (association of anything with Allah)

2.) Dump Friends who lead you to Haram

3.) Remove any Haram materials from your environment

Proactive Measures:
1.) Make dua to Allah to give you strength and ask for sincere repentance that he forgives your for your sins. Do this in private.

2.) Make an intension to stay in constant wudu - it will keep you from doing activities can can break your wudu

3.) Pray all prayers on time, especially fajr - Praying on time interupts activities or travel to haram places or activities that can break wudu. There is no such thing as Qadaa/Qazaa prayers - you are obligated to pray on time.

4.) Eat Halal food if you are not doing so already.

5.) Find better friends - build relationships with them

6.) Hide your secrets - do not disclose them to others - saying them out loud leads us to believe it is okay

7.) Find and join a halaqa or study circle - increase your knowledge, as a minimum trying to keep up with a halaqa will reduce your free time.

8.) Find a Shaiyh or Scholar or Imam to get advise

9.) Make a list / a goal of what you want to accomplish by the time you are 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40
Measure yourself against those goals to see how close you are.
There was a study where they found 3% of high school students had clear goals when they graduated. The study contacted them 20 years later and found out that these 3% controlled 80% of the weath of their graduating class.

10.) Spend time with your family. Spend time with your mom and tell her you love her. Help her complete the household chores, especially the very hard ones such as garbage and washrooms clean up... be a model son to your mom. As a minimum, fix your room to be the most organized clean room so that it becomes like a masjid. Remove the word "ooff" from your vocabularly when she tells you something - it is the most painful word a mother (and later your wife) can hear.  Listen to her stories when she was growing up, find out what is troubling her the most, and see if you are the source of any of them. Laugh with her and Lead her in salaah.

If you have not hugged your mother today, do it today. Tell her that you want to be a better Muslim starting today and that you want her help you by making dua for you.

**The dua of your mother and your grandmother(s) are the dua that protects you the most, because they are the ones who love you the most, even if you don't love yourself**

It doesn't matter what you have done or your circumstances up to this point, its never too late to fix yourself until your 6 feet under... but you have to start now.

Jzk for Reading

As-salam-mu-alaikum,

thobebro
   UBAB

Your heart will not truly open until you understand Surah 21 : Verse 92  (Al-Anbiya: The Prophets)

Help Build the Community! Visit:
Madinat al-Muslimeen > The City > Naseeha Corner > Community Toolbox
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2011 04:45 PM »

walaikum salaam wrt,

That was a beautiful post brother UBAB ^ !! See that's why we need you here! Very good practical advice!

SerigneBabs99 bro hope you did not think my post was too harsh. We all need a little reality sometimes when it comes to our sins!! But the beautiful thing about Islam is that Allah can forgive everything, literally everything wiped out and we can start again iA!
SlaveOfAllah
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2011 02:57 AM »

Finally some real different advice. I always get basic ideas when searching on google. I really like this advice. Jazakallah khairbfor being my second family guys. I love y’all too!!!!

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99
SlaveOfAllah
Bro

« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2011 02:59 AM »

No prob sis jannah

Asalaamu Alaikum
                             -SerigneBabs99
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print