// What should we call ourselves??
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "I desire Allah to give me an everlasting life in this world, in order that, while mankind are engrossed in the pleasures of the world and forget Allah, I may observe the rules of religion amidst the affliction (fitnah) of the world and remember Allah." - Ibrahim Khawwas
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What should we call ourselves??  (Read 1088 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 04, 2011 07:15 AM »

Salam,

Was just thinking we should call the board something less Arabic to make it more inviting. But can't think of a name?? Madina Muslim Community, Madinat al-Muslimeen, City of Muslims Forum. I don't know!!!  idunno Any suggestions??
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2011 01:51 PM »

A.A.

How about: Madina Forum - A City of Muslims

OR

Madina - City of Muslimeen
Madina Muslims Community
Madina Muslims City

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27, 2011 07:30 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

I like
Madina Muslim Community
  and

Madina Forum - A City of Muslims
is also nice but might seem like its only for Muslims.

Personally  I like 'The' Madina instead of just Madina.  It sounds cooler Cool

Maybe

The Madina: An Online City for and About Islam & Muslims

I think you should also play off Jannah.org (The garden)
ie the Garden & the City

In the intro paragraph you can put something like this is the city that grew from the garden, since the madina grew out of jannah.org!

salaam Smiley

um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2011 03:19 PM »

salam

How about:

-"The Muslim Voice"
-"Muslim Chronicles" 
-"Muslims and The City"
-"Little Mosque in Cyber Land"?

Having said that, I really like "The Madina".

take care.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2011 08:00 AM »

wsalam,

yeah I change the name like everyday trying to find something that'll stick...

um aboodi i like your suggestions for sitcom names!!

The Madina: An Online City for and About Islam & Muslims

I like this one it has all the key words I want! We'll try it out...

Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2011 03:13 AM »

Andulasium (Andalus)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: