// Regarding praying?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Generosity: The Prophet said: 'The food of two people is enough for three, and the food of three people is enough for four.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding praying?  (Read 903 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Oct 18, 2011 06:58 AM »

Assalam Alakuim,

I am learning how to pray. Even though both my parents speak arabic, I do not.  Nor do I know how to pronounce an arabic word well.  I am having trouble pronouncing Surahs/and the Tashheed.  What happens if you do not pronounce words the right way? Even though I am trying my best and have my mom help me. Does it still count?  Does anyone have any tips for me?
Much is appreciated:)

Thank you

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2011 10:26 AM »

salam

You're trying and still learning, there's nothign wrong with that at all.

Have you  considered going to classes, it would be by far the quickest and most productive way to pick up Arabic that I can think of.

If you have masjds near you with womens sections, it would be useful to go and pray i njamat as the imam's praying will help too inshallah.

Good luck.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2011 12:43 PM »

Assalaamualikum,

It is nice that you intend to pray properly mashaAllah.

Although the right pronunciation and words are important and going wrong there may change the meaning, your intention is  what matters.Islam is easy.
There is nothing wrong if you are not good with the language, it can always improve and you must try to improve.
Firstly be sure of what you are praying,knowing the meaning is what counts.Allah sees the neeyah.

Then you can gradually learn the arabic verses one by one.Do not rush into it.For example,start today with memorizing Surah Ikhlaas.Keep repeating it in your prayers that you pray 5 times.You can keep doing this for 2 to 3 days.Concentrate on one surah each time.It is alright if you can not manage the other surahs right now..Start learning them after you are  comfortable with one surah.Then carry on with learning the others.This way you will have learnt all the basic arabic that is required in praying by a month inshaAllah.

We do get good books that teach how to pray..you can use them.

Also you can go to a nearby masjid  and pray if it is convenient to you like our dear Sis Fozia suggested.

Relax and go ahead.May Allah accept your efforts and your prayers .Ameen

lolita100

Reputation Power: 0
lolita100 has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2011 12:05 PM »

Learn How to Pray step by step: http://www.islam-center.net/en/prayer-in-islam.html
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2011 05:59 AM »

Salam,

Believe it or not youtube has a lot of great stuff Smiley so just type in salah or how to pray islam etc and u'll find lots of things. For the surah's type in the surahs names for pronounciation.

this my favorite:
My Prayer - Step by Step Guide to Salah

kid's video:
Learn How to Pray (Salaat) Namaz

and one for adults:
How to Pray in Islam - How to Make Salaat
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Oct 21, 2011 09:19 AM »

as salaamu alaykum!

It's wonderful to hear that you are learning the Arabic words.  It may take some time, so my advice is be patient with yourself and try to pray in congregation in the masjid whenever you can Smiley  When your seeking to say the right words is coupled with an eloquent heart - one that is sincere in seeking out God, you are in fact in a very very beautiful state,  and one that will help connect you with Him and bring His closeness and reward.

Here's a recommendation a friend of mine made.  I know he was looking for a good quality, easy to understand guide for a while to suggest to others, so I'm thinking this must be good:::

Great book by Imam Mustafa Umar. I wish I had this when I first became Muslim.

How to Pray: A Step-by-Step Guide to Prayer in Islam [Paperback] by Mustafa Umar

http://www.amazon.com/How-Pray-Step---Step-Prayer/dp/1463578903/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1318824439&sr=8-8
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2011 07:37 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

Here is a relevant article recently posted on SuhaibWebb.com, that discusses this exact issue. (The whole series gives an interesting perspective on a number of issues facing converts to Islam or those newly practicing, though I may not agree with all the conclusions given): http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldvlpt/worship/prayer/does-prayer-have-to-be-in-arabic/

salaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: