Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Such stuff as dreams are made of...interpreted by Ibn Sireen.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2011 Madina Awards!!!! :: Highs and Lows of 2011  (Read 5675 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2011 05:05 AM »

Sis Um aboodi - SO Agree with you - Sis tq is awesome and I've only been on the Madina for 2 years and I already find her amazing and I think she could also be on the Posters-we-miss award - I konw she hasn't been absent from the boards as the others that were nominated   -but yeah, I've got much respect for her.

BABA
desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2011 08:58 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

Jannah, I'ma let you finish, but I miss Sr. Kathy a lot too!*

Thanks for remembering me too guys... I do some lurking most of the time but always have the intention of posting more Smiley

salaam,

* How can you have any kind of awards ceremony without at least one Kanye impression? Smiley
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2011 09:02 AM »

Is Sr. Kathy not on here anymore? Sad
I often wonder how she is. I came across an old business card of hers and tried calling to the number
just to say hello but no answer.
Jaihoon
Jaihoon
Bro

Reputation Power: 21
Jaihoon barely matters :(Jaihoon barely matters :(

« Reply #28 on: Dec 13, 2011 10:45 AM »

I think Bro jaihoon writer can help start the event with one of his fine poetry

Smiley

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #29 on: Dec 13, 2011 07:56 PM »

Jannah, I'ma let you finish, but I miss Sr. Kathy a lot too!*

* How can you have any kind of awards ceremony without at least one Kanye impression? Smiley

Bahahahahahahah ur lucky i snorted only a little bit of chai!!

DUDES you guys brought up a lot of good nominations that I missed!!!

Tq, Barr, SrKathy, Sadah, Jaihoon...

well there's only one thing to do but to see them on the red carpet....

Tq.......... wearing the latest MariaB from pakland:  pinkhijabisis

Barr........ with new colorful sudani outfit always busy teaching her kids mA readingquran

SrKathy is going to go for a cute hijabi turkish outfit look this year...  girl

Sadah definitely sporting the royal nigerian turban look sultan

austmuslimah an anarkali sounds lovely!

mubaraka lol i like your styling! ur so right about the suadi thing for akhan definitely suits him!

fozia i could totally see you doing that lol

wcoast i like this sherwani idea!

This definitely has to become a yearly event!! But does anyone have any stand-out threads or posts to nominate??

BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #30 on: Dec 13, 2011 07:58 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

So here are my nominations!!

So much good stuff this year and so many events and my apologies if I have overlooked some people but alhamdulillah the board would not be what it is without *everyone’s* participation so jazakhallah khair for everyone’s input!! bro

The Best of 2011

Best Overall Board

Chai Cafe

Ramadan Diaries

Ummah News: World News

Naseeha Corner: House of Hikma

Inspiration Falls: Reflections & Writings

Best Thread

Egypt braced for Day of Revolution Thread

9/11 - 10th year anniversary thoughts & memories

My Latest trip to Saudi Arabia thread!!

Favorite moment from the Seerah NOMINATIONS~!

60 Ways to Keep Your Husband’s Love?

Overheard in Chat

Chocolate

Memorable train journeys

Our Baby Pics

Best Quirky (aka funny peculiar) Threads

Women are most attractive at 31

3D Printing

Man marries four women to prove ex-wife wrong

Difficult Questions Women Ask & How to answer them!! Cheesy

Best Technology Threads

The Official Jaihoon Android App! Presenting "iJaihoon"

Iphone vs Ipad vs....

Facebook related stuff thread!

Best Food Threads

Winter warmer bread & butter pudding

Summer Treats!

Coffee & Walnut cake

Best Madina Newcomers

Austmuslimah

Mubaraka

Sadah

Most Memorable Moment for a Madina Member

WCoastBaba’s graduation

Hard2Hit’s baby boy

Maryamarub’s wedding

Sr Fozia’s daughters entering Madrasah

Cinder’s sister’s wedding

Best Madina Chatters

Abu Khaled

akhan

austmuslimah

Cinders

jannah

Nafs

sadah

WCoastBaba

Funniest Chat Conversation

J: Abu_K if Umm K asked u "do i look fat in this" how would u answer her?

Abu_K: course you're not fat my dear it's just that when you walk past from behind it's like two sumo wrestlers fighting in a plastic bag...

J: wrong very wrong

Abu_K: but what can i do the pounds ain't gonna come off themselves are they? all that ironin and cookin ain't exactly rockin' the cardio...   

J: akh whatever AbuK does do the opposite!! and u'll have a great marriage iA

Abu_K: you're right BrK nobody's gonna find those kinda tips in a book. that's what i'm here for. to impart such nuggets.

J: ok what if UmmK says I need some time shopping without the kids u watch them for the day

J: what would u do   

Abu_K: easy! strap the kids to the radiator (like check the temperature isn't set to scalding or anything) and chuck in a dvd.

J: what if she goes out and spends $$$ on the credit card? any words of wisdom?

Abu_K: course! it's her card so she don't eat for a week (again). simple. why you gotta make stuff complicated.

J: uh huh and what if she wants to go overseas and be a student of knowledge   

BrK: Akh people would pay good money for our seats right now!!

Akh: BrK for sure

Abu_K: duh! how she gonna be a student of knowledge? whose gonna make the rice??

J: ok so one day UmmK is like how come we never got a honeymoon?  where would u tak her?     

Abu_K: honeymoon shmoneymoon. she saw the world in Abu K's eyes that was enough travel for a lifetime.   

Abu_K: anyway we got Google Worldview. She can go round the world in minutes for free. End of. Next?

BrK: This would not go down too well at The Muslim Womans Institute lol 

Abu_K: was gonna say "hope you're taking notes br akh." then i realised no point denny's probably gonna post all this on the board later anyway with one of her "oooh look what abuk said in the chat" moves

Most Missed Madina Members (who should post more)

AbuKhaled

AbdulBasir

Barr

JustOne

rahma

pearl

salaampeaceshalom

Sarah Amena

Se7en

Shahida

Sofia

Sr Kathy

Skhansj

tahirah

UBAB

Umm aboodi

UmmWafi

Most Missed MIA Madina Members

blackrose

Christine_1208

Halima

lala marcy

lucid

tq

Best Secret Thread

Secret Brothers Thread Wink

And finally but by no means least....

Best Post

Br Ikramuddin for “Ramadan Diary 2011”

Br Abu Khaled for “On Jawami al-Kalam & Adab”

Sr Jannah for “All the Single (Muslim) Ladies...”

Sr se7en for “The Hardest Company to Keep”

And finally, finally, the lifetime achievement award goes to.....

Sr jannah

*cue standing ovation and cringe worthy acceptance speech* Wink

madinans  bouncygrins thewave

See you next year!! (inshaAllah)

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2011 09:22 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

Here are my nominations. I also echo BrKhalid:

So much good stuff this year and so many events and my apologies if I have overlooked some people but alhamdulillah the board would not be what it is without *everyone’s* participation so jazakhallah khair for everyone’s input!! bro

Best Overall Board(s)

Chai Café
Ramadan Diaries
inspiration Falls: Reflections & Writings

Best Poll
Krispy Kreme’s or Royal Mithai (Indian sweets)

Best Film/Tv review
BBC to show film on Prophet Muhammed’s life
The Help

Best video upload that should be compulsive viewing
Sermon: Removing the Silence on Domestic Violence

Best Thread
Our baby pics
Memorable train journeys
60 Ways to Keep Your Husband’s Love?
7000 guests!!
The royal wedding!!!

Best Technology thread
iphone vs ipad

Thread that was great and never took off
The Jummah Khutbah' thread

Best food thread
Coffee and walnut cake

Best photo on Madina
Chocolate cake and custard (in Hearty winter meals)

Most Memorable Moment for a Madina Member
Cinder’s (Me) sister’s wedding
Hard2Hit’s baby boy
Fozia’s girls going Madrassah
Wcoastbaba's becoming a fully fledged doctor

Scariest Moment
Please make duas - london riots

Best Newcomers
Austmuslimah
Sadah

Most welcoming members (my welcome anyway)
BrKhalid
akhan

Best Madina chatters
BrKhalid
AbuKhaled
Jannah
Wcoastbaba
Nafs
austmuslimah
akhan

Funniest Chat Conversation
included myself
austmuslimah
akhan
AbuKhaled
Fozia
Wcoastbaba (briefly)

Unfortunately cannot quote it, but had topics such as plural wives, poo, bro AbuK’s intro, some serious stuff….. If Bro AbuK was last man on earth..etc etc.. (we were in stitches laughing out loud)... I would say British humour had a lot do with it that day  Smiley

Best Post
Br Ikramuddin for “Ramadan Diary 2011”
Br Abu Khaled for “On Jawami al-Kalam & Adab”
Sr Jannah for “All the Single (Muslim) Ladies...”

Kindest/sweetest members
Nafs
Wcoastbaba

Most direct (and to the point) members
Jannah
Fozia

Best forum in the world
http://www.themadina.com/

Almost like family
The members that I interact with regularly of course, but everyone on the board has contributed and you’ve made it a super year for me and I feel privileged to be a part of this huge family Smiley.

Outstanding contribution
BrKhalid
Fozia

Lifetime achievement award
Jannah

Insha'Allah I will catch you next year. Phew what a year!  malaysis

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2011 09:44 PM »

salam

Okaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy so I have noticed just this second(!) That H2H has had a son (or rather his wife has)! Mubrook bro, and subhanallah for the most dense member of this board! (that would be moi!) Roll Eyes

Wasssalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #33 on: Dec 14, 2011 04:50 AM »

1 . omA, thanks for those that nominated me

2. I almost bought The Help on BluRay today, but someone on Twitter said it was so sad, that they wouldn't watch it again and since I haven't seen it, I wanted to...anyways.

I want to get my nominations in, but I feel like I've missed out due to school and just not being able to spend as much time, but anyways, I would have to get to them sooner rather than later of course....insha'allah, maybe tomorrow? argh.

Oh and Sr. Cinders - I actually have some stuff for the khutbah thread! Again, just never got around to doing it, but I saw that you started the thread, so that was something, as I meant to initiate it some weeks ago. Argh again!

BABA
desibro

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #34 on: Dec 14, 2011 09:32 AM »

Salam alaikum

I was just reading this thread, and then I noticed that I had a new message:  when I opened the Madina Inbox, the message displayed was from Sis CountlessBlessings.  I was so glad to hear from her, as she was one person I missed and was about to mention here...

so here's the weird part: when i tried to go back into the message, it was not there!!!seriously dudes, there's old Madina ghost at work!  Cheesy  I don't think she sent the message, and will be confused by my reply... Embarrassed Cheesy Wink

Soooo, moral of the story: if you miss someone, maybe they will make an appearance on the red carpet, or maybe even subconsciously send you a Madina message!!! Wink

I will do my nominations later.  Aww thanks to all who miss me (I'm very busy reading, but not posting), and yes Jannah, you are at the top of my list of people I want to meet in real life!! khair inshaAllah.

Salam
S.
p.s. this is me on the red carpet smileysis
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #35 on: Dec 14, 2011 02:58 PM »

*cue standing ovation and cringe worthy acceptance speech* Wink

*almost trips up to the stage giggles

Ladies and gents, Madinans and non-Madinans, little people, and not so little people (too many choc threads?)... I thank you for this great honor (and my agent) and would like to say I couldn't have made it here with out you guys (and my stylist). Thank u. Thank u. thanku thanku That is all happy

lol great additions you guys!! Maybe next year we should have a form with a few things like "Best thread" "Funniest post" etc and then everyone fills it out!!

btw yeah best line ever: Abu_K: honeymoon shmoneymoon. she saw the world in Abu K's eyes that was enough travel for a lifetime. i have to lol every time i read that but don't tell AbuK he might get a big head  shaykh

ws

ps countlessblessings as in M.F. yesssssssssss do miss her. she disappeared around the time i acquired a morrocan sister in law...coincidence??! and attia and baji need to be added to the "stop watching period dramas and come join the living! category"  mrdarcy sometimes this does feel like a city with ppl moving in and out, getting married, having babies..... ahhhh ok back to my mayor's cottage!
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #36 on: Dec 14, 2011 05:18 PM »

Salaam!

Since I'm MIA and need to post more:) here it is!

I like this post. You are all awesome and special and full of interesting ideas, thoughts, comments and questions. Keep it coming for the next year- and however long our BESTIE Jannah continues to support this site Smiley hehe

Much love and hope to post more this year and stop being a lazy body.

!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #37 on: Dec 15, 2011 12:35 AM »

salam

Most inspirational threads
The Ramadan diaries
The road to Makkah (altho this year its not been updated much)

Most glamorous threads
The bridal fashion threads

Best overall thread;
please make duas thread I like that its there full stop

Best for food thread
50 ways to make dhal.... Oh whoops I haven't posted that one up yet

The most diplomatic member
Br Khalid (of course)

Members with the most awesome potential
Br Westcoastbaba
Br Akhan
Br Sada

Sweeetest members
All the girls
Sr Nafs
Sr Austmuslimah
Sr everyone else

Most missed members
Everyone who has stopped posting, I'm not listing them because I know I will forget some and I really do miss them all.

Most thought provoking threads
Generally anything by Br Khalid
& Br AbuK when he's being serious...except he then disappears and doesn't bother updating as promised!

Most contentious threads
Anything posted by Moderatesufi (which I then just have to reply to)

Posts most unlike their screen name
Moderatesufi

Most surreal chat moment
With BrAbuK I think someone somewhere got a proposition..to be the fourth wife! When someone replied they had a beard BrAbuK replied 'I like a sister who observes the sunnah'!!!! (I'm paraphrasing here but that was definitely the gist of it!) Shocked

Most shocking revelation;
H2H admitting he eats dhal in the ideas to look good for your wife thread Shocked Shocked Shocked

Best overall forum experience
the love and duas and support, the update of the Madina kids. The fact that we all really care about each other and love each other for the sake of Allah.

Nomination for our own poet laureate
Br Jaihoon

Life time achievement
Sr Jannah - lets face it we wouldnt know eachother if she wasn't so driven and talented and straight up fantastic!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #38 on: Dec 15, 2011 08:57 AM »

Assalamu'alaikum everyone

What a funny funny thread Smiley I am terribly sorry I have not been posting much ( not that my posts were much to begin with ) but life has been a lil bit difficult this year and I struggle to cope.

I just lost a friend and have been reflecting how in the past, we hear news of friend's parent's death and now, it is the death of our own friend that we come to know of. It certainly made me reflect on my mortality and question again how I put meaning and value in my life.

Sr Barr and family visited my humble abode  a day after Eid Adha and Alhamdulillah they are doing well.

Whatever the award is, everone on this board is a winner in my eyes. Each and everyone of you have contributed so much towards making Madinat a special place. For every kind word, advice, joke and just a hello....may Allah SWT reward you with more barakah and love in your life, ameen.

Wassalam
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #39 on: Dec 15, 2011 12:47 PM »

A.A.

Thanks everyone for nominating me... I've lost my awards count actually, and am really 'humbled' by all of your mentions of the coolness that is me!
I started reading all posts hoping to get nominated, but some of you obviously got bribed and didnt nominate me!

Fozia: Thanks for the kind dua... and for waking up too. Was it the jinn-alarm that did the trick? Oh and it wasn't you who started the "would you marry a jinn" thread, it was me!  duel

Ok bye!

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #40 on: Dec 15, 2011 04:38 PM »

wsalam,

lala & ummwafi definitely nice to hear from you guys after ages! hope everything is going well.

fozia i actually do want to learn how to make dhal. both my mom and dad kinda just put in things on the fly and it works but i can't figure out how to do it!!

take care all and keep adding ur nominations! and don't forget ur red carpet wear!!

lala marcy i'd dress in one of those fusion indo/western designer outfits by karl lagerfield  princesssis and ummwafi  sis one of those really gorgeous two piece malaysian outfits but i'm adding sworovski beads everywhere to give it some glam Wink

ws
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #41 on: Dec 15, 2011 04:58 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

Nice to hear from some of our MIA members, good to know that you guys are well and doing good!!

Definately a case of out of sight but not out of mind bro

Next year is the 10th anniversary of the Ramadhan Diaries so it would be nice if we could get everyone involved, although it may once again be a bit chaotic for the UK people (no riots but a small event called the Olympics during the month)

You are all awesome and special and full of interesting ideas, thoughts, comments and questions

Best overall forum experience
the love and duas and support, the update of the Madina kids. The fact that we all really care about each other and love each other for the sake of Allah.

Whatever the award is, everone on this board is a winner in my eyes. Each and everyone of you have contributed so much towards making Madinat a special place. For every kind word, advice, joke and just a hello....may Allah SWT reward you with more barakah and love in your life, ameen.

We are indeed very lucky to have such a supportive and knowledgeable online community and, as was mentioned in chat a few days back, may we resurrect our community in Jannah inshaAllah!!

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #42 on: Dec 15, 2011 09:07 PM »

* How can you have any kind of awards ceremony without at least one Kanye impression?

Ok so I was skimming this thread at work and i read this line, but I didnt understand it until I was sitting there with a patient all ready to give an injection for a filling, and then all of a sudden I understood it.... and when I started internally laughing the needle started shaking! My gosh i was so scared but I couldnt stop thinking about this line... Thankfully everything went 100% ok for the patient!!

This thread is really fun!
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #43 on: Dec 16, 2011 10:04 AM »

WCoastbaba's nominations aka  desibro and more recently  doctor

I just used your post as a template Sis J, hope you don't mind adding and substrating where appropriate

2011 Best thread of the Year:

Egypt braced for 'day of revolution' protests

Best new features: New smilies for sure, and I tried out quick reply the other day for the first time, so I'll fo with that

Most fun person to chat with: Jannah, akhan, BrKhalid

Most entertaining posts: Moderate Sufi

Best drop in/mia member: Hmmm.....I was nominated for this and so if I'm MIA, how can I tell who the other MIA members were?!  Tongue I could just name almost anyone, aside from the people I do see when I drop in!  Cheesy I'll go with tq - obviously she doesn't have time for chat, but when she did post, I always enjoyed them.

Best diplomat/never around when there's a fight tho: BrKhalid, yup, I agree with Sis J here.

Most popular thread by replies:

akhan's My Latest trip to Saudi Arabia thread - again, I agree, it was like getting a personal tour with all the details and inside stories. Loved it, though I was really stressed out when the thread started and then was later massively updated, and is just awesome - I mean, pictures are awesome, no need to type out too much, but akhan bhay did a great job with that when it was needed or was applicable.

Fun thread award
Our baby pics and the
Chocolate thread

Best milestone: billion users during Ramadan (well close nough!)

Most Watched Show in the Madina by replies is
:

All-American Muslim - I think as we can see, it's not just about the show, but what has now become a larger, national issue, so I think it gets even more points for that.

Best debate:

Iphone vs Ipad vs... and I'll throw in the Makkah turning into Las Vegas thread.

Best New Smilie Awardsultan

Best nickname: Cookie_eater and praythefajr - yup, these are nice!

Best crazy questions award
: Anonymous

Best update that didn't work:
Tapatalk Sad - never actually tried this out until recently, which was right when or just before you decided to cancel it Sis J, which I guess it wasn't working as per BrKhalid's attempts.

Saddest thread with no replies:
What should we call ourselves?? Yes, this would have been nice to explore, but guess we are just fine being Madinans or Madinites

Best Hajj related thread....
Mecca for the rich: Islam's holiest site 'turning into Vegas'  d'oh!!  - yup, clear winner and I think as I said above, it was also a good debate as well, as people will have slightly different views on things and how things should be done and to what degree.

Best intro by replies goes to.... akhan!!!
Wonder how I haven't been expelled?
Special mention to
AbuKhaled (re) Intro!

OK, I'll take your word for that - I did check out AbuKhaled's after that whole drama, but don't actually recall akhan's....sorry bro!

Best thread for singles..by replies...

Jannah's All the Single (Muslim) Ladies...

Again, I haven't had time to read this thread, but I did see it was updated quite often, so I'm guessing it was pretty intense!

Oddest news story of the year 2011 goes to...
Burke’s Peerage: Queen Elizabeth II Descended from the Prophet Muhammad

Best food, non food thread...

Lets join hands to save samosas - Um, another I missed, but hey anything involving samosas has my vote!

Best fight on the board:
Jannah vs. Abu Khaled
close second:
ModerateSufi vs. Everyone else

Yup, no disagreement there, though I think I didn't put in my 2 cents vs. moderatesufi - I left that to the rest of you. I think maybe I commented once now that I think about it.

Best thing to do on the board while having chai
:

Chat!

Best propoganda thread

Hyderabadi propaganda - I only read a bit of this one and not sure if it went further than what I read, but yeah, this was pretty cool.

Meteorologist Society's favorite thread:
Snow forecast

Best event thread:
The royal wedding!!!
tied with
The london riots thread!!

Brothers' favorite thread
:
(con't from 2010) Chocolate!

OH YEAH, chocolate transcends time!  Smiley

Worst Advice Award goes to...
AbuKhaled for his Advice for a good (bad) marriage post

Best idea thread that never took off:
The Official 'Shukr' Thread!!

Shame shame people! This was such a cool idea and I think I was one of the first to post in it - tsk tsk!

Best remembrance thread..
9/11 - 10th year anniversary thoughts & memories

Yup, this has affected many if not all of us.

Best Valentine's Day Post award:
The Best Love Story of Them All: Khadija & Muhammad (s) ♥

Best lifestyle news of 2011
:
In The Age of Distraction, We Need One Thing More Than Ever: Books

Funniest videos of 2011 award:
Diary of a Badman

Most in chat Record: 7 people - I was one of those 7! That was awesome and glad to be a part of that historic record!

Umm's that are probably too busy with their kids to post:  Halima Christine JustOne

Member's who need to post more:  Yeah everyone! Without posts, there is really no board effectively!

Best newcomers
: sadah and austmuslimah - I think I saw that Br. Sadah has tons of reps with not so many posts, so I've guessed I've missed out, but yeah Sis Austmuslimah - have enjoyed her presence ma'sha'allah.

Most missed regulars on the board 2011
Brothers: UBAB
Sisters: Sr.Kathy

Wonder why they haven't caused any controversies lately award
: lucid  Grin

Best Islamic article everyone missed award

The Sunnah of Love - I read this on Muslim Matters and I tweeted it out with a small additional comment and Imam Yahya Ibrahim retweeted it, so that is my little connection to that beautiful article.

Needs to post more articles award: se7en

Needs to stop watching period dramas and come back to us award ! Tahira 

Members that need to speak up more: rahma, hajra, silver, salma
salim  - I stick with your list here, but Sis rahma has done a good job of late with the AAM thread, so the others could step up their game too!

Worst thread with the most replies award:
98 replies! Polygany Anyone? - I agree, but so glad I only posted once - again, I like to keep away from the sticky, prickly threads, not to mention I was busy then.

Member who's kids you want to meet: tq, Fozia, Cinders - I know Sis tq's aren't as young and maybe thus not as cute, but still, I have to add them as well.

Member you'd like to have Thanksgiving with award: tie between  Sr.Kathy and tq

Member you most want to meet: tq - Yes, gotta agree with you here and I think it's the most likely, being on the same continent and same country.

Person you most want to join the board
: Imam Suhaib Webb and/or Mrs. ModerateSufi/Mrs. Abu Khaled

Imam Suhaib used to be on the board right Sis Jannah, I think I remember you mentioning that when he left a comment the blog

Sweetest, kindest member: Nafs

Members with most potential: akhan

Most missed members: tq, Sr. Kathy, Sarah Amena, Christine

Hope they and there spouses and/or babies well. Would be so nice to get an update from them. But I know they are busy, as stated above with the other Umm's.

Best moment for a member: H2H's baby son.

Best reflective thoughts/refocusing on the bigger picture: BrKhlaid

Best reflections/poems contributor: Br Jaihoon (do check out his Android app! (no he did not pay me, lol)

Most respected members: Jannah, tq, Cinders, Fozia, BrKhalid

Favorite person that I get PM's from award - omA, are you crazy!? I am not telling you that!  Tongue

Family Award: To all those that I have interacted with here the most, whether open or via PM - you've just been a special part of my online life -and I hope one day, real, virtual life - this is the one place where I want to keep in touch with others and their lives, as well as share mine. I felt so happy that I could share both my struggles and eventual success at completing medical school and sharing the last two years + (I joined in March 2009) of it in some way or another - whether through posts or chat. When I was in Europe, many of you were my connection back home (those of you in the US especially, I must admit) and that meant a lot, as I only got to go home twice each year and even one year recently, I didn't go home for 10 months straight (academic year 2009-2010)

Lifetime Achievement Award:

lights dim at MSG, where the Award ceremony is going to be held later this month, excitement builds and then there is a spotlight upon the person to be awarded, but we can't see the person's face clearly, because her outfit has so many shimmery sequins on it that it reflects the light back

Represen'in' upstate Newwwwww Yorrrrrrk, killer-letter-writer to the bad guys, she can be sweet, sassy, mean, and dictatorial all in one day (watch out for the chapal!), the captain of the ship, the Elizabeth Bennet of the forum and blog world, chronic snacking fiend, master of Ramadan video diaries,  standing at a majestic 5 feet 6 (a couple inches taller tonight, as it's a huge event (=heels), the lightweight champion of the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld, #1....................................crowd's deafening roar almost makes the announcer inaudible SISTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR JANNNNNNNNNNNNAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

bouncygrins bouncygrins madinans madinans

BABA
 desibro doctor

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #44 on: Dec 16, 2011 05:51 PM »

ights dim at MSG, where the Award ceremony is going to be held later this month, excitement builds and then there is a spotlight upon the person to be awarded, but we can't see the person's face clearly, because her outfit has so many shimmery sequins on it that it reflects the light back

Represen'in' upstate Newwwwww Yorrrrrrk, killer-letter-writer to the bad guys, she can be sweet, sassy, mean, and dictatorial all in one day (watch out for the chapal!), the captain of the ship, the Elizabeth Bennet of the forum and blog world, chronic snacking fiend, master of Ramadan video diaries,  standing at a majestic 5 feet 6 (a couple inches taller tonight, as it's a huge event (=heels), the lightweight champion of the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld, #1....................................crowd's deafening roar almost makes the announcer inaudible SISTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR JANNNNNNNNNNNNAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

lolllll that's the second time i've spit out my chai in this thread!! very funny bro  grinning

great nominations guys! it's really y'all that make the madina great. u can see the difference in participation between my blog and here. it's soooo much better when there are so many people sharing things. 

we were talking the other day about how facebook is really killing forums and websites all over the internet. i know of a really popular islamic one that was always our arch nemesis  biggrin that's been completely dead for the last 2 years. it's really sad to see because i know it's helped alot of ppl over the years. well here's hoping we stay open another 10 years and fb's shiney new developments don't lure all of u to move out.... bebzi's on me Wink

bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi bebzi
salaampeaceshalom
Sis

Reputation Power: 2
salaampeaceshalom has no influence :(

« Reply #45 on: Dec 17, 2011 02:38 PM »

Mashaa'Allaah what a neat idea :-)

I don't have much to add but the most memorable line for me is the one that stayed with me for a long time afterwards, which applies equally to both male and female imo:

"A brother who follows the Sunnah and who, when shown his faults and shortcomings, realises that Allah is being merciful towards him by informing him of his confused and inappropriate behaviour."

I'm sure it's pretty obvious who would come out with something like that ;-)

'If he woke up and had enough food for the day and shelter (a roof over his head) and he does not fear for his safety, then it is as if he has been given the dunya.'
BrKhalid
Bro

« Reply #46 on: Dec 19, 2011 05:06 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

well here's hoping we stay open another 10 years and fb's shiney new developments don't lure all of u to move out

It will be interesting to see how social media will change in 10 years. Someone should start a thread on this!! Wink

Btw jazakhallah khair everyone for your nominations, a yearly Madina Review of the Year definitely sounds like a good idea bro

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #47 on: Dec 30, 2011 07:09 PM »

You know what we forgot to nominate!? The Best Islamic (youtube) video of 2011...Any nominations??

I think I'd nominate the livestream of al jazeerah during the Egyptian Revolution...

akhan
Bro

Reputation Power: 107
akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)akhan has an aura about them. :)

« Reply #48 on: Dec 30, 2011 08:54 PM »

I'll nominate my sheep video Grin (I know, more propaganda Wink )
sadah
Brother
Bro

Reputation Power: 38
sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)sadah is working their way up :)

Dont be sad...

« Reply #49 on: Jan 01, 2012 03:32 AM »

Assalamu alaikum
Compliment of the season to everyone. I really have missed Madinah this few days I have been away. This thread is awesome and hope to add my few chioces soon.

Love you all Madinan brothers and sisters.

"Whoever rejects false deities and believes in Allah has grasped a firm handhold which will never break." Q 2:256"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print

Jump to: