Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

A dua on both your houses.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My granddaughter  (Read 972 times)
Blessedgrandma
Sis

Reputation Power: 6
Blessedgrandma has no influence :(

« on: Dec 13, 2011 08:42 AM »

Grandchildren are such a blessing. MY granddaughter did/said something the other week that
really warmed my heart and I thought I'd share it. Hard to believe she is already 8, however at times
it seems like she is 8 going on 16.    Roll Eyes Cheesy

I take her to horseback riding instructions weekly and one day a couple weeks back it was so very cold in the arena.
After running out to the car to get a blanket to wrap up in I sat down and
had the blanket totally covering myself including my head except for my face and as my granddaughter went trotting my me she looked at me, smiled and said ' Assalaam Allaikum Grandma' and of course I replied 'W'Allaikum Salaam' bring a very big smile to her face.

What a blessing it was to me, she knows I want to wear a scarf, she loves and very much looks forward to
seeing my sister friends. Now my 3 y/o granddaughter knows to how to greet and pronounce Salaams to sister.

Maybe it sounds silly but this warmed my heart, reminds me how accepting of others children are withh no judgement. It was cute my granddaughter seen my head covered and spoke salaams  Smiley purplehijabisis

(For those unfamiliar with my family no others are Muslims.)
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2011 12:21 PM »

salam

May Allah bless her little heart, such a cutie. 

Take care.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2011 01:47 PM »

salam

That is really cute mashallah.

Your grandaughter is a few months younger then my eldest I think.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Nafs
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2011 08:43 PM »

Awww that is adorable mashaAllah!!! sooo innocent! May Allah protect her and the rest of the children in the world and grant them hidayaa, Ameen!

I pray that you are blessed with a billion more moments such as these InshaAllah  flowersis
maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2012 06:39 PM »

mashaAllah so sweet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: