Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 16, 2014 05:25 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: The dhulan doth protest too much.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Asiya & Me  (Read 1873 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Dec 13, 2011 10:25 PM »

salam

I was recently sent an email link by a friend which really made me think.

What made me ache with sorrow was the mention of Asiya (RA) the wife of Firaun.

As a general rule I have my favourite sahabah and prophets and companions and amongst them all I personally don’t give much thought to the wife of Firaun.

In the link brother Nouman Ali Khan speaks of her and her patience and her trust in Allah (well that’s what I got from it).

Many years ago before I had my girls I used to ache for a child, I felt utterly lacking in purpose without children, all the hadith and everything I read referred to women getting reward for being mothers… in all of that I never once considered the wife of Firaun who never had her own child, who endured the oppression of Firaun for the love of Allah, Asiya who is one of the ones promised Jannah.

I guess I have a little in common with a great lady (I’ll grasp at any old straw) for some reason I don’t feel so bad. I would not want to be in any other company.

I was talking with a friend a few weeks back and we were discussing life the universe and the secret to a perfectly raised cake which doesn’t go flat in the middle. When she remarked at how laid back I am, she was surprised I’m not bitter against ex.

Now my method of talking is to speak and let my brain catch up at its own pace, so long as nothing mean is said. So I told her that one thing I could never do was to be angry with the means with which I have come close to Allah (swt) and ex and my marriage bought me to a point in my life where I began to throw myself completely at Allahs mercy, I never before new what it was to trust implicitly in Allah and forsake everything else and I would not give up a moment of that or the sweetness of praying under cover of darkness and raising my hands in dua to Allah, or to feel the absolute sorrow and regret for my actions and to really truly ask Allah for his forgiveness, I would not have the hours of dhikr and the nafl salat and the ultimate certainty that Allah listens and he answers, sometimes so swiftly the prayer has not yet left ones lips.

And in return for all that, how could I hate that which bought me to my prayer mat, which made me pull my Quran out and recite with heartfelt earnestness, which made me steadfastly unshakeably certain in Allah…?

I told her if I was angry towards that person I would be ungrateful to Allah, and I will not be amongst those people if I can help it.

So I always make dua for ex when I remember him (usually before a court case) I make dua that Allah grant him Naik Hidaya.

Before I had told my friend this, I didn’t actually realise I felt this way, my heart always has my head is sometimes a little slow off the mark…….

I guess tho before I listened to Br. Nouman Ali Khan’s  lecture and was reminded, I felt sad and stupid, a little for being silent and for being patient for so long or even at all, Brother Nouman Ali Khan has reminded me that perhaps I’m not so stupid after all, I’d like to think that maybe I walk in the shadows of one of the great ladies of Islam. I’d so love that.

Coolness of the eyes....FUNNY Nouman Ali Khan...

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2011 04:54 AM »

wsalam,

May Allah give you the coolness of your eyes sister Fozia!

MashaAllah, so nice how we're inspired by all these great Muslim women of the past! The story of Musa is very cool in that there are many amazing women in it... the wife of Firawn, Musa's mother, Musa's sister, the two modest daughters at the well...  Smiley

BTW You will love to hear that Nouman Ali Khan is coming to your hometown!! Talk to Cinders for details and inshaAllah you guys can go together  Wink

ws
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2011 08:33 PM »

salam

I did see him at the London Excel exhibition centre at the twins of faith conference (last month I think), he was really good Mashallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2011 09:03 PM »

MashaAllah, so nice how we're inspired by all these great Muslim women of the past! The story of Musa is very cool in that there are many amazing women in it... the wife of Firawn, Musa's mother, Musa's sister, the two modest daughters at the well... 

That is very true. There are so many good muslim women to follow examples from. I think in the stories of all the prophets we can find examples of women we can try to be like. Inshallah we be able to follow their example and lead good Islamic lives as well.

Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2011 09:43 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

Alhamdulillah I found the video which highlights  Asiyah's (AS) plight and how she had sabr during her life as the wife of Firawn and her belief in Allah SWT. I recall when I watched this video a couple of years ago, it was so profound. It actually made me cry as to how amazing this woman was and she is totally MY HEROINE. She is the epitomy of a strong woman (but doesn't mean the brothers cannot take inspiration from this) It is for all Believers.. Every time I worry about things in the Duniya, this story and her du'a always comes to mind. I wanted to share this with you. Asiyah's story starts around 2:30 on vid. May Allah forgive me of my shortcomings and make me a companion of Asiyah (AS) in Jannah. Ameen.

Ma'Salam,
Cinders

Day 25 - Untouchable (Heart Wheel Journal) by Muhammad AlShareef

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2011 10:57 AM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

Even more amazing and the words in the video paint a vivid picture in one's mind, if that's possible. Inspirational and makes you reflect. I cried big fat tears watching this video. I love Asiyah (AS).

Ma'Salam,
Cinders

4/4 Asiyah: wife of Firaun (Pharaoh)

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: