// 2012 Elections
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Our liberation does not come from liberating our desires (as in the west), but our liberation comes from our enslavement to Allah." - Imam Zaid Shakir
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012 Elections  (Read 670 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Dec 16, 2011 04:14 PM »

Watch this video....Ron Paul is the only candidate that "gets it".

You Like Ron Paul, Except on Foreign Policy
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2012 08:13 PM »

Seriously, people?

No chatter about the 2012 elections?

Please, any American Muslims out there, please, please, please vote for Ron Paul.  Among other things he wants to cancel the "Patriot Act".

And whatever you do, DON'T VOTE FOR OBAMA...

Check this out:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/12/with-reservations-obama-signs-act-to-allow-detention-of-citizens/

He's setting the stage so that people (most likely Muslims) can be put away in detention camps with no charges and no trial...

Vote for Ron Paul and get our constitution back!

Discussion, anyone?

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2012 10:04 PM »

Hmmm... Don't know anything about Ron Paul except that he has some real hardcore Muslim supporters and they're all the really political types !! Wink

I have to say I am severely disappointed about Obama not taking a clear real stand on some major issues like Guantanamo, the Patriot Act, Islamophobia, the "Ground Zero Mosque" (altho he did say some words), the Arab Spring, drone attacks, health care, the 99% movement and the final nail in the coffin NDAA.

The only plus I would give him is pulling out of Iraq.

When it comes down to it I think the economy and jobs is going to be #1 in people's minds. There was some ridiculous report out that said half of Americans live in "poverty". People are out of work for months and some years, moving from temp job to job, getting laid off, its abysmal. The 99% movement has not been endorsed by Obama. Everyone will just want to vote for someone who says they can fix the economy.
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2012 06:43 PM »

salam

Although I am Canadian, Ron Paul has caught my attention.  The media, pays no attention to him.  Delibirately?? I don't know, but many people still don't know about him.  He is very intelligent, articulate and really makes sense.

He seems to be soo different than the other usual suspects.  Very promising.  I hope he wins the Republican race. Although Mitt Romney seems to garner more attention.

Having said that, let's not forget that we all had high hopes from Obama and look how disappointing he is.  American politics  simply don't work that way. The president is one man.  And if you think he rules the US and decides what goes and what stays, then you are a bit naive my friend.  It is all about corporate interests and lobby groups.   If given the choice, I want Obama to stay in office for another term.  Let him face the consequences of his policies.

take care
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: