Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

O rishta, rishta, wherefore art thou my rishta.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is there any good news in the world left aka It's raining apples in UK!!  (Read 4079 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 16, 2011 06:57 PM »

Weirdest story ever... but sounds cool I love apples!!  mac

============
Apples fall from the sky over Coventry
Stunned motorists were forced to brake sharply to avoid the falling fruit, believed to be swept up by a vortex caused by freak weather conditions in Coventry.

An avalanche of more than 100 apples rained down over a main road in Keresley, Coventry on Monday night.

The street was left littered with apples after they pelted car windscreens and bonnets just after rush-hour.

The bizarre downpour may have been caused by a current of air that lifted the fruit from a garden or orchard, releasing it over the junction of Keresley Road and Kelmscote Road.

One driver said: "The apples fell out of the sky as if out of nowhere. They were small and green and hit the bonnet hard.

"There were other cars on the road at the time too and everyone had to stop their cars suddenly.

"It wouldn't surprise me if some cars were damaged. I know the area well and there are no apple trees around."

Yesterday, the smashed apples could still be seen up and down the 20-yard stretch of road.

Dave Meakins, a retired fork lift truck driver, said he thought the apples had been thrown as a prank by children.

"I honestly don't know where the apples could have come from," he said.

"I assumed kids must have thrown them because we do get the occasional egg and apple thrown but there's way too much for that.

"I would love to know where they came from."

Some said they thought the apples had fallen from a passing plane.

Keresley parish councillor Sandra Camwell said a freak black-out happened on the same road last year.

She said: "Strange things do happen in this part of the world. I think it's highly likely that apples did fall from the sky.

"We're in an area with a spooky history, where there have been witches for centuries, after all."

The Met Office said it was possible the apples had been scooped up by a tornado.

He said: "It's hypothetically possible that a tornado could have picked them up and that they were transported in turbulent air until they fell."

Jim Dale, senior meteorologist, from British Weather Services, said: "The weather we have at the moment is very volatile and we probably have more to come.

"Essentially these events are caused when a vortex of air, kind of like a mini tornado, lifts things off the ground rising up into the atmosphere until the air around it causes them to fall to earth again.

"Returning polar maritime air is such an unstable condition and it basically means air returning from the polar regions which is very unstable.

"We've all heard of the fish and frogs falling from the sky and apples is certainly unusual because they have some weight to them but it is not out of the realms of possibility."
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2011 09:00 PM »

No comments??!! Ppl the above is real! U can't make this stuff up!

Another odd, yet cute story below!:

------------------
Baby Seal Enters House, Sleeps On Couch

New Zealander Annette Swoffer got the surprise of her life when she found a baby seal in her kitchen, who later began to snooze on her couch, the New Zealand Herald reports.

According to the report, the seal wandered from the bay waterfront, through a residential area, across busy roads, under a gate, through a cat door, and up some stairs before he was found at around 9:30 p.m.

SCROLL DOWN FOR PHOTOS AND VIDEO

"I thought 'I'm hallucinating, this is just wrong,'" Swoffer told the paper. "Then it looks at me with those huge brown eyes. It was so cute..."

Swoffer then called the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), who called the Department of Conservation. According to a report by Stuff.co.nz, the department was already looking for the pup.

When biodiversity program manager Chris Clark came to pick up the animal, he told Swoffer he'd been looking for the seal all afternoon and that it had likely just been weaned from its mother.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/14/baby-seal-house-couch_n_1146980.html?ref=mostpopular

austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2011 11:44 PM »

Ohhhh  how adorable is that seal! I dont think I could let it go, unless it was smelly lol
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2011 12:27 AM »

salam

i read the story about the apples somewhere, and someone posted it on facebook.  i don't know what to say.  we live in strage times. 

take care
Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2011 04:27 AM »

Assalaamualikum,

LoL.I don't know how to react,but  must say  that  the incident is very exciting!

I would have been happy if chocolates rained on me!!! Grin

Ppl ! may be we can turn this thread to -"What would you prefer to rain on you?"...It will be interesting and fun to know that Wink
BrKhalid
Bro

Reputation Power: 27
BrKhalid barely matters :(BrKhalid barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2011 04:42 PM »

Asalaamu Alaikum bro

An avalanche of more than 100 apples rained down over a main road in Keresley, Coventry on Monday night

I’m sure the Brits will understand when I say this sounds like another ‘wrong type of rain excuse’ from British Rail Wink

Say: "O ye my servants who believe! Fear your Lord, good is (the reward) for those who do good in this world. Spacious is God's earth! those who patiently persevere will truly receive a reward without measure!" [39:10]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2011 09:28 AM »

Ppl ! may be we can turn this thread to -"What would you prefer to rain on you?"...It will be interesting and fun to know that

Allah's blessings!! Smiley lol

I think we need this thread to share happy/fun stories cuz there's too many depressing news stories out there in the world.

so post any that u find!!
Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2011 06:36 PM »

Dude.. I probably wouldn't have called the Humane society and just kept the seal as a pet.. it would get along great with my two cats!
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:54 PM »

salam

Sr Sarah Amena, wouldn't there be a slight possibility of your cats trying to snack on the seal when they get hungry?

I guess I'm the only one who read original post and start wondering whether it was Granny Smiths/coxes pippins or your plain garden crab apples that were raining down.......

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2012 06:17 AM »

Another odd, yet cute story. (: J.

=====================
Women are a mystery to British physicist Hawking

LONDON (Reuters) - The biggest mystery in the universe perplexing one of the world's best known scientists is -- women.

When New Scientist magazine asked "Brief History of Time" author Stephen Hawking what he thinks about most, the Cambridge University professor renowned for unravelling some of the most complex questions in modern physics answered: "Women. They are a complete mystery."

The wheelchair-bound Hawking, who only recently retired from a post once held by Isaac Newton, talked to the magazine in the run-up to celebrations for his 70th birthday about his biggest scientific blunder and his hopes for modern science.

Hawking is due to celebrate his 70th birthday on Sunday with a public symposium entitled "The State of the Universe" at the University of Cambridge's Centre for Theoretical Cosmology.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2012 08:44 PM »

Sooo cute!

Couple Karam and Kartari Chand married for 86 years

A couple from Bradford who tied the knot in 1925 could be the UK's longest married husband and wife.

Karam Chand was born in a small rural village in the Punjab in northern India in 1905.

His family worked in farming and, in keeping with the custom of the time, he married at a young age.

His bride Kartari was born in the same district in 1912. According to their passports, that currently makes Mr Chand 106 and his wife 99 years old.

They wed in a typical Sikh ceremony in 1925 and have just celebrated their 86th year together as a married couple, which they think may qualify them as the UK's longest married husband and wife.

Con't http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-16441633
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2012 10:52 AM »

Cute!! cat

From: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/pets/8958012/Owner-surprised-to-find-cat-regularly-catches-bus.html

Cat rides on the bus

The ginger moggy, who was named after the Artful Dodger from Oliver Twist, has taken to hopping on and off the public transport at the bus station near his home.

The 15-year-old Tom even sits on bemused passengers' laps as the bus makes up to 10 mile round trips from Bridport to Charmouth in Dorset.

Dodger is such a regular customer that some of the drivers take tins of cat food to work with them to give to him. They even know what stop to let him off at.

At the end of his journies the roving moggy returns to his home and owner Fee Jeanes.

Mrs Jeanes, 44, believes Dodger first took a liking to the buses as they are warm like greenhouses when the sun is on them.

But the adventurous pet has since ended up being taken for several rides.

Mrs Jeanes, 44, said: "We moved here 19 months ago and our house backs onto the bus station.

"He is an old boy and is very friendly. At first Dodger kept going to the bus station because people there fed him tit-bits and scraps of food.

"But then he started climbing on board the buses because they are almost like greenhouses when it is sunny.

"Then last week I found out he had travelled to Charmouth and back, which is a 10 mile round trip.

"I hadn't seen him all morning until my daughter Emily told me one of her friends had just seen him on the bus at Charmouth.

"I couldn't believe it and panicked. I got into my car to go off and look for him and then at that moment the bus pulled up near our house and low and behold he got off.

"He had fallen asleep on board and nobody knew about it. When the driver realised he knew who Dodger was and where he lived and kept him on board.

"That afternoon I saw Dodger climb on board another bus and I rushed to tell the driver.

"I was shocked when she told me Dodger was always on there and liked to sit on the seats because they are warm from where people have been sitting.

"The drivers buy cat food for him and he sits on people's laps.

"Sometimes he just sits in the middle of the road and waits for the bus to turn up before he gets on."

Dodger is familiar to regular bus passengers and drivers, but Mrs Jeanes still receives several calls a week asking if she has lost a ginger cat.

A spokesman for bus firm First said they didn't mind Dodger on their buses but didn't actively encourage him.

He said: "The drivers have been asked not to feed it because we recognise that cat has an owner and we do not want to discourage it from returning home for food and shelter, but in principle we do not have a problem with it being around the bus station.

"Given this cat is elderly we suspect it would be eligible for free travel, perhaps a bus puss, if such a thing existed."
Mubaraka
Sis

Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #12 on: Jan 09, 2012 01:51 PM »

"Given this cat is elderly we suspect it would be eligible for free travel, perhaps a bus puss, if such a thing existed."

lol
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #13 on: Jan 09, 2012 02:06 PM »

That is so adorable mashaAllah!! Thanx for sharing  kitty Wink
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Jan 12, 2012 06:12 AM »

Cute early V-day story...

Man Carves Wife a 6,000 Stair Path in Mountain

A weird love story has come out of China recently and managed to touch the world. It is a story of a man and an older woman who ran off to live and love each other in peace for over half century.

Over 50 years ago, Liu, was a 19 years-old boy, fell in love with a 29 year-old widowed mother named Xu. At the time, it was unacceptable and immoral for a young man to love an older woman.

To avoid the market gossips, the couple decided to elope and lived in a cave in Jiangjin County in Southern ChongQing area.

In the beginning, they had nothing, no electricity or even food. They had to eat grass and roots they found in the mountain, and Liu made a kerosene lamp that they used to lighten up their lives.

Starting the second year of living in the mountain, Liu began, and continue for over 50 years, to hand carve the steps so that his wife could get down the mountain easily.

A half century later in 2001, a group of adventures were exploring the forest, they surprisingly found the elderly couple and the over 6,000 stairs of hand carved ladder.

“My parents loved each other so much, they have lived in seclusion for over 50 years and never been apart a single day.” Liu MingSheng, one of their seven children said, “He hand carved more than 6,000 steps over the years for my mother’s convenience, although she doesn’t go down the mountain that much.”

Con't http://www.weirdasianews.com/2007/12/15/man-carves-wife-a-6000-stair-path-in-mountain/
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #15 on: Jan 12, 2012 02:32 PM »

Aaaawwww that is sooo cute!!! Smiley

But does that kind of love between a husband and wife really exist?Huh?
Or can it exist in today's generation?Huh?? Huh?
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Jan 12, 2012 06:30 PM »

Noooo negativity allowed in this thread!!! Smiley

Here have a bebzi on me!!  Grin Cool
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 12, 2012 07:04 PM »

salam

This is so cute, 'and they lived happily ever after...' would work really well for this one.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Feb 09, 2012 06:08 PM »

Ahahhahahaha maybe the same seal as above ^%!!!

jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #19 on: Mar 11, 2012 01:57 AM »

This is just sooooooooooooooo adorably cute I'm going to count it as good news Wink

Father and son while praying
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Mar 11, 2012 06:14 AM »

Myyyy that is sooo funny.I just got tired laughing. Cheesy
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2012 05:14 PM »

This is a really cute story about how a guy found his family in india thru google earth after he was adopted!!

Google Earth Helps Indian Man Find Family And Village After 25 Years
An Indian man who lost his family while begging as a child has been reunited with them after more than two decades -- after spotting his home village on Google Earth, the Mercury reports.

http://t.co/ZdzetSFT

There's a bit of controversy in my house about it.  Shocked My brother thinks it's fake because he thinks no child that young could remember all that. But my dad said any kid born and brought up in an Indian village would never forget anything!!!  Cool
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #22 on: Mar 30, 2012 05:11 PM »

Who knew that elephants liked coffee!!  chai

Elephant escapes from circus and heads for Costa coffee in Cork - video

Baby, a 40-year-old Asian elephant, shocked people in Cork when she escaped from a circus at bath time and went for a walk around the city centre. Using his smartphone, onlooker Paul Dunbar filmed the elephant outside a coffee shop and running through a busy car park before being brought under control by her handlers

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2012/mar/29/elephant-escapes-costa-coffee-cork-video
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #23 on: Apr 15, 2012 12:05 AM »

This is so great mashaAllah! We should all have such mayors!!

Newark Mayor Saves Woman From Fire
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2012/04/13/cory-booker-fire-rescue-newark-mayor-saves-woman-from-fire/
Aamanee

Reputation Power: 0
Aamanee has no influence :(

« Reply #24 on: Apr 15, 2012 06:21 PM »

salam

aww the father and son  is so funny   rotfl i couldnt see the video of the elephant there was an ad for a car there instead   Huh? but its dose sound funny

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print

Jump to: