Dude did you guys know I wrote a post like 5 years ago that predicted the iphone!! No joke. I can't find it right now but we were talking about this future stuff. I really think apple should send me a free iphone just for that don't u??
Anyways here's my new predictions...I think 10 years is really not enough, when you think back to 2001 how much has really changed? Things are kinda the same but different, but over greater amounts of time you can see whole shifts of things. So I'll say like 25 yearsish:
- Everyone will have a "phone" that will have "everything" in it. They'll use it to buy stuff, unlock their car/house door, communicate with someone, do live video, their medical records, passport. Like everything.
- The world will become a true global village. People will move around alot and will intermarry all over the place. No one will live in a place more than 5 years.
- The death of the middle class will give rise to extreme poor and extreme rich.
- There will be a major going green/back to the basics movement. People will want to go back to growing their own food, living a simple agricultural life away from technology.
- Meanwhile farms and greenspaces/lake front and river fronts will be almost gone. Only the very rich will have access to these. Food will be all processed. Real things like real apples from real trees outside will be very rare and expensive.
- There will be more major storms, crazy snow in summer, very hot in winter. More earthquakes too.
- Wars will be fought over who owns what on the internet and information will become the premium resource not oil/money.
- Muslims will grow in number and organization but the Islamophobia movement will grow too and will always be one step ahead.
- There won't be any real stores left. Everyone will just order stuff on the internet and it'll be delivered.
- Everything will be on the "cloud". No need for CDs, DVDs discs, camera or video datacards or harddrives anymore.
- Things like real books, art, beautiful craftsmen type things will be a premium and only be owned by antiques collectors.
and lastly I predict
- that things will get really bad economically/socially the world over with many extremes until we all hit rock bottom. Then we will turn from a dystopic worldview to a more positive, almost socialist one, trying to become utopic societies. This will last for a generation or two until it goes back to war/fighting over resources again.
Oh and for the Madina I predict
- things will probably be the same (including the same chat lol) and it'll just be me hobbling around posting something every so often in between my sitting on the porch rocking chair and yelling at the young whippernsappers (british spelling).
K the end
PS Would love to hear more of people's predictions, especially as it relates to us