// Aisha Khan -College Student in Kansas Missing FOUND!!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aisha Khan -College Student in Kansas Missing FOUND!!  (Read 3598 times)
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« on: Dec 20, 2011 04:18 PM »

salam

May Allah protect sr Aisha Khan and bring her back to her family safe - ameen. Please be careful ladies.

Search on for missing student

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2011 05:07 PM »

salam

May Allah keep her safe.

I've put this n my f/b wall as well, the more coverage this gets the sooner someone who knows something may come forward.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2011 05:14 PM »

Walaiykum Salam,

I *spoke* to Sr J in chat about this last night. Makes you feel sick. Insha'Allah she'll be found quickly and reunite her with her family. Ameen.

Ma'Salam,
Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2011 05:59 PM »

Yes this makes me sick to my stomach. After 72 hours the chances of finding her alive becomes dismal.

A girl went missing from my Uni when I was there. She was supposed to take a bus home then there's video of her withdrawing money at an ATM with a man behind her forcing her and then nothing. Never heard from/seen again. Very frightening.

Sisters need to be careful and self-defense classes are a must.

naira
Sis

Reputation Power: 0
naira has no influence :(

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:22 PM »

Missing Kansas Student Left Troubling Voicemail for Sister Before Disappearance

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-kansas-student-left-troubling-voicemail-sister-disappearance/story?id=15192272

Missing Kansas Student Left Troubling Voicemail for Sister Before Disappearance
By CHRISTINA NG
Dec. 19, 2011 — go.com

A missing 19-year-old Kansas college student last seen on the University of Kansas campus left her sister a troubling voicemail the morning she disappeared.

In the voicemail, Aisha Khan told her sister that while she was studying for finals at an outdoor picnic table, a man who appeared drunk had been harassing her and attempted to kiss her before she hit him and he took off.

"'I slapped him. He just smelled really bad, and I didn't know what to do,'" Khan's sister, Faiza Khan, recalled her sister saying in the voicemail, according to ABC News' Kansas City affiliate KMBC. "She's like, 'You need to pick up your phone. I'm confused.' She was freaked out at that point."

Shortly after, Faiza Khan tried to call her sister back, but her sister did not answer the phone. Faiza Khan rushed to where her sister said she had been studying on the university campus and found Aisha's belongings -- her cell phone, backpack and other items -- but Aisha was nowhere to be found.

"We have no information that it was an abduction and no information that it wasn't," Overland Park Police Chief John Douglass said at a news conference Monday. "We are looking at it as a missing person case and putting the resources into it as if it was an abduction."

Khan was last seen around 11 a.m. on Friday at the University of Kansas Edwards Campus. She is a student at the Johnson County Community College, a partner of the University of Kansas, which would explain her presence on campus.

Police have interviewed family, friends, students, faculty and construction workers who were working nearby. Douglass said the construction workers believe they saw someone that matched Khan's description walking away from the area alone, but police have not yet confirmed if it was Khan.

FBI agents are assisting the Overland Park Police Department in the investigation. Investigators on foot and on horseback have searched the campus, nearby woods, a creek bed, park and a nearby golf course to no avail.

There are no suspects or hard leads in the case. Khan's family is offering a $10,000 reward for information regarding her disappearance.

"We have looked at videotapes of all the intersections," Douglass said. "To date, we have seen absolutely nothing in that area."

Khan was married this year and police have spoken to her husband. The couple was living together in an apartment. Douglass said there was "no reason to believe that he is a suspect."

Khan's disappearance has led to an outpouring of support, including from many members of the Muslim community. Her missing person Facebook page has been flooded with messages to Allah, praying for her safe return.

Supporters have set up a that already has more than 10,000 supporters and a Twitter account, , has been set up. Both are frequently updated.

"There's so much we don't know about the case," Douglass said. "She's 19 years old, but not much more than a child. One of our own is missing and we need to find her."

Khan is 5 feet, 2 inches and weighs 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black head scarf, black sweat pants, a yellow and black shirt, a black jacket and a black and white coat. The Overland Police Department is asking that anyone who has any information call 913-344-8703.
naira
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:26 PM »

December 19, 2011 5:40 PM
Missing Kan. college student texted run-in with drunk man
By Barry Leibowitz

Aisha Khan

(Credit: via Facebook) (CBS/KCTV) OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - Overland Park police say they are treating the disappearance of a 19-year-old college student as an abduction.

On Friday, a spokesman for the Overland Park police told CBS affiliate KCTV that officers did not suspect foul play in the case of Aisha Khan.  But since then, Khan's family members have revealed troubling details about her last contact with them.

Police Chief John Douglass said Monday that four FBI agents and other law enforcement agencies are assisting in the search.

Khan was studying for finals at the Kansas University-Edwards campus and had sent text messages to her family just before noon Friday. Khan said a drunk man was harassing her, and she had slapped him, according to KCTV.

Khan's brother said it is unlike his sister to do this and disappear. She loved her family, she loved her religion and was very happy.

Shortly after receiving the texts, Khan's cousin found her personal belongings sitting out on a bench.

Family members, friends, fellow college students and construction workers in the area in which she was last seen have been interviewed.

Douglass said detectives are treating the case as if the worst happened to Khan, KCTV reported.

"We are looking it as a missing persons case and we are putting resources into it as if it were an abduction," Douglass said. "We are going to be on this as if it were an abduction . . .. If it turns out otherwise, so be it."

The police chief spoke on the same day that her family announced a $10,000 reward.

Khan recently married and lived in Olathe with her husband. Douglass said the husband is cooperating with police and is not considered a person of interest.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57345290-504083/missing-kan-college-student-texted-run-in-with-drunk-man/#ixzz1hCOn7OEk
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:29 PM »

wsalam,

I keep praying she ran away or there's some kind of big mix up or confusion or something. It would be infinitely better than what it looks like Sad

One thing I learned from Oprah is to never let yourself be taken to a second location. Scream, yell, kick, scratch, run, be shot at, be killed right there but don't let them take you anywhere else. Because if they do that, it's only to rape and kill you.

The 72 hour window is gone Sad May Allah give sabr to her family.
naira
Sis

« Reply #7 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:31 PM »

December 19, 2011 5:40 PM
Missing Kan. college student texted run-in with drunk man
By Barry Leibowitz

Aisha Khan

(CBS/KCTV) OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - Overland Park police say they are treating the disappearance of a 19-year-old college student as an abduction.

On Friday, a spokesman for the Overland Park police told CBS affiliate KCTV that officers did not suspect foul play in the case of Aisha Khan.  But since then, Khan's family members have revealed troubling details about her last contact with them.

Police Chief John Douglass said Monday that four FBI agents and other law enforcement agencies are assisting in the search.

Khan was studying for finals at the Kansas University-Edwards campus and had sent text messages to her family just before noon Friday. Khan said a drunk man was harassing her, and she had slapped him, according to KCTV.

Khan's brother said it is unlike his sister to do this and disappear. She loved her family, she loved her religion and was very happy.

Shortly after receiving the texts, Khan's cousin found her personal belongings sitting out on a bench.

Family members, friends, fellow college students and construction workers in the area in which she was last seen have been interviewed.

Douglass said detectives are treating the case as if the worst happened to Khan, KCTV reported.

"We are looking it as a missing persons case and we are putting resources into it as if it were an abduction," Douglass said. "We are going to be on this as if it were an abduction . . .. If it turns out otherwise, so be it."

The police chief spoke on the same day that her family announced a $10,000 reward.

Khan recently married and lived in Olathe with her husband. Douglass said the husband is cooperating with police and is not considered a person of interest.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57345290-504083/missing-kan-college-student-texted-run-in-with-drunk-man/#ixzz1hCPu8FrA
naira
Sis

« Reply #8 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:34 PM »

What I don't get is that its the 21st century and they don't have cameras at her college? What college doesn't have security cameras? Or campus police? Or emergency buttons?

The man tried to kiss her, and then she shoved him and slapped him across the face - this could have happened to anyone of us!
naira
Sis

« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:36 PM »

December 21, 2011 9:23 AM
Local residents asked to search property for missing Kansas student Aisha Khan
By Crimesider Staff

Aisha Khan

(Credit: KCTV) (CBS/KCTV) OVERLAND PARK, Kan. - Local residents are being asked to search their property for signs of missing Kansas student Aisha Khan. She was last heard from Friday when she left a frantic voicemail for her sister saying that she was running away from a man on the University of Kansas-Edwards campus.

Khan's family has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to her whereabouts. Also, the FBI, local volunteers and Gregg and Missy Smith - whose daughter Kelsey was snatched from an Overland Park Target parking lot four years ago and later found murdered - are all helping in the search effort, according to the Kansas City Star.

Meanwhile, Marla Hansen of Missing Missouri, Inc., told CBS affiliate KCTV that she suggests residents in the metro area search their property because Khan was wearing jewelry that someone may recognize.

"Take a look at your back yard. If there is property that you can't see, go back and walk through it - creek beds, old sheds," she said. "Any of those things could have been dropped."

Khan was last heard from Friday when she left a message for her sister saying that she was running away from a drunk man who was apparently harassing her.

Overland Park Police Chief John Douglass said that on the voicemail message Khan left, "You hear her say he may have tried to kiss her or something like that, and she hit him and ran away," reported the Kansas City Star.

When Khan's sister arrived to pick her up, she found Aisha's bookbag and cell phone abandoned.

There were no security cameras in the area of the University of Kansas-Edwards campus where Khan was last seen, but a spokesperson told KCTV that the university has plans to add cameras in the future.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57346026-504083/local-residents-asked-to-search-property-for-missing-kansas-student-aisha-khan/#ixzz1hCRIq4DT
naira
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:41 PM »

It's already starting - they are looking into if she was forced into this marriage and she ran away because of her faith....

-n

Missing Kansas Student Aisha Khan: Husband Believes She Was Kidnapped
By CHRISTINA NG
Dec. 21, 2011 — go.com

Though police say all possibilities are being considered in the case of missing Kansas student Aisha Khan, her husband of five months firmly believes she was kidnapped.

"My message to the kidnapper is, let her go," Waseem Khan told "Good Morning America" today. "You have the power to let her go and I will completely forgive you if you let her go."

Aisha Khan, 19, was last heard from on the morning of Feb. 19 when she left her sister a troubling voicemail, saying that while she was studying for finals at an outdoor picnic table, a drunk man had been harassing her and attempted to kiss her before she hit him and he took off.

"Oh my gosh he was so scary. My heart is, like, pounding. I've never got this scared in my life," Khan can be heard saying in the message. "Pick up your phones, I am freaked out right now."

Though Khan's message is disturbing, some have noted that her voice is strangely calm as she speaks. This has led to questions about whether the disappearance could be a set-up or a runaway situation, but police are staying mum on the matter.

"It's still classified as a missing person and that hasn't changed since day one," Overland Park police spokeswoman Michelle Koos told ABCNews.com. "But we have dedicated our resources as though it's the worst-case scenario."

Koos would not comment on if police are considering that the situation could be staged, saying only that police are "looking at all different angles."

Investigators are looking for clues in Khan's personal life, including her cell phone, iPod Touch and social media accounts. Some have questioned whether her devoutly Muslim family may have arranged her marriage against her will.

But those close to Khan refuse to believe she could have taken off without warning.

"She would not run away," said Khan's friend Emily Cheatham. "She was happy with her life, with her new marriage. There wouldn't be any reason that she'd want to run away."

After Khan's sister heard the voicemail, she and her cousin rushed to the campus and the usual place Khan liked to study.

"She doesn't do anything without her phone," Khan's cousin Sana Habib said. "Her leaving her stuff out like that is not her."

Aisha's cell phone, backpack and other items were at the University of Kansas picnic table where she had been sitting, but she was nowhere to be found.

It is unclear whether Khan called her sister from the picnic table or if she left the area and then returned after making the phone call.

"We don't know exactly where she was on that campus when she made that call," Koos said.

Khan was last seen around 11 a.m. on Friday at the University of Kansas Edwards Campus. She is a student at the Johnson County Community College, which partners with the University of Kansas, which is why Khan was on the campus.

Police have interviewed family, friends, students, faculty and construction workers that were working nearby. Police said construction workers and a faculty member believe they saw someone that matched Khan's description walking away from the area alone, but police have not yet confirmed if it was Khan.

FBI agents are assisting the Overland Park Police Department in the investigation. Searchers on foot and on horseback have searched the campus, nearby woods, a creek bed, park and a nearby golf course to no avail.

Meanwhile, her desperate family is remaining hopeful that they will be reunited with Khan.

"Aisha, if you are listening to this, we love you a lot and we are doing everything to get you back home safely," said Waseem Khan.

"I'm just hoping that the bell rings and I'll see her and the phone rings and she'll be right in front of my eyes," Khan's mother Fouzia Khan said through tears. "That's what I'm dreaming about."
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #11 on: Dec 21, 2011 07:59 PM »

wsalam,

It's always a possibility, and they should be looking into that just like in any case like this. A year or two ago there was a Muslim girl in Buffalo that went missing and turns out she ran away for whatever reason. After a day or two, she went to a police station and told ppl to stop looking for her, so I hope the same happens. Really, at least she'd be alive.

I also don't see how there could be no cameras on campus and how no one saw anything at all. They said they looked at all footage from intersections nearby and didn't find anything. Maybe she's still on campus or hurt somewhere?

Scary to speculate. Let's just pray they find her.

ws
Fozia
Sis

Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #12 on: Dec 21, 2011 09:17 PM »

salam

Her reaction sounds like how anyone would react under the situation the girl describes. There's a possibility she left the table to call her sister thinking the man had left  & returned to the table & he came back.

For some reason I cannot imagine any girl running away and leaving behind all her stuff.

When I had a scary experience instead of doing the sensible thing and calling the emergency services I called my best friend & I was really really calm, shock makes people behave strangely.

I sincerely hope she is safe and well Inshallah.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2011 04:40 AM »

THEY FOUND HER!

http://www.nbcactionnews.com/dpp/news/region_kansas/johnson_county/missing-college-student-aisha-khan-found-safe

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2011 04:44 AM »

wsalam,

wow dude!! she had so many ppl praying for her, worried and upset, depressed and anxious. there were messages from around the world and bros and sisters who wrote they couldn't sleep at night and wanted to go there to help the search. her parents and sister/family/husband so upset on going on national tv shows for her thinking she was dead! yikes ppl are going to be really upset about this. definitely a troubled girl and family. alhamdulillah she is safe though. definitely could have been a worse ending. we should all still make dua for her and her family! they're going to need them!

se7en
Sis

Reputation Power: 11
se7en has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2011 09:41 AM »

as salaamu alaykum,

The way people are responding, it's as if they would have preferred for her to have been found dead or injured somewhere Lips Sealed  We should be happy that duaas for her safe return were responded to, alhamdulillah.

I'm not saying what she did was right (and obviously is frustrating to us as a Muslim community, since if a real abduction happens to a Muslim woman now people may be more skeptical about it), but I would assume that she has some serious troubling issues and problems in her life, so we should try to be compassionate.

salaam
Fozia
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Dec 22, 2011 10:55 AM »

salam

I feel nothing but compassion for her, it's not her fault about people who will judge an entire community on the basis of her lone actions and it is utterly unfair if that is the case and says more about the xenophobes and bigots than it does about us or this poor girl.

She must be in a really bad place if she went to such lengths.

I am very glad she's safe alhumdulillah.

I refuse to condemn her, I don't know her I've never walked in her shoes, all I do know is that she's my sister in Islam. May Allah protect her.

Wassalaam

moderatesufi
« Reply #17 on: Dec 22, 2011 11:33 AM »

I'm glad she is safe. But have no compassion for her. Many Muslim women and girls are abducted and killed.
And when that happens the police often refuse to investigate saying the family probably sent her off to get married etc.
The case of lubna banesa comes to mind.
Antics like hers increase the probability that genuine abductions, of which they are many will not be genuinely investigated.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Dec 22, 2011 11:56 AM »

wsalam,

You guys are so compassionate and nice mashaAllah. No doubt, the hate and vitriol against her on the Find Aisha page is really pretty bad right now. It's even from the same people that made so much Dua for her just hours ago!

People just feel very betrayed and upset that she pulled what looks like a huge hoax. Made up all the things she said on the phone to her various family members, left her things in plain sight and made it look like she was abducted on purpose and according to some was only found out because a classmate reported she was staying in a hotel somewhere! I mean all the money and manpower wasted, people flew in from out of state to help look for her, Muslim shaikhs and organizations and national talk shows endorsing her story trying to help her. Family members flew in from other countries. A family who's daughter went missing years ago came to help them. How do you think they feel right now?

On CNN people are just using this as more evidence for Islamophobia. This does reflect badly on Islam and Muslims because the family made it a Muslim issue that perhaps she was targeted because she was Muslim. For Islam haters she's either a Muslim liar or a victim of Muslim forced marriage/honor killing or whatever. Sad What happens when another Muslim girl goes missing for real? There's no way she'll receive the same kind of national/international attention.

Even if someone is unhappy in their arranged marriage is it ok to to do something like this? Is there really no out for a girl except something crazy like this? Couldn't she go to other family members, the community, her friends, the police??? I mean by all means run away if you're so desperate but at least call someone, anyone to let them know you are alive and to call off the nationwide manhunt. And when are parents going to learn forced marriages are stupid. Sigh. Just a big mess.

I dunno, anyways I think for most people it's more like when you lose your child and then find them again, you are so relieved and upset and you yell at them first, then hug them, then yell at them! I'm sure there's a lot of that going on over there at their house.  

PS The comment I agree with the most:

Masha'Allah it is great that she has been found and is unharmed: but we should let this serve as a lesson. There have been two high-profile cases this year of South Asian families having the whole community in an uproar for what turned out to be a lie. These Muslim girls have to learn you cannot cause worry and a waste in tax dollars and LIE over a family dispute and we as a community should not be so easily duped. Another reasons masjids need to focus more on marriage and family issue and the real problems that plague our community.
se7en
Sis

« Reply #19 on: Dec 22, 2011 12:19 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

I agree that staging an abduction to get away from one's life - if one has other means, and one is psychologically of sound mind, etc - is something immature and selfish, especially for Muslims when everything about us is under a microscope and slanted towards the worst interpretation.  So if that is what happened (we don't really know) then I can understand the resentment of people who have invested time and energy into it (traveling there, putting up posters, etc)

However first of all, we should in general make excuses and overlook the faults of our brothers and sisters.  

Secondly why does making duaa for her give us a sense of entitlement?  In the end shouldn't we be happy that she has returned to her family and is doing well?

People are acting like they were settling in for a good, real life episode of CSI and are disappointed with the Touched by an Angel ending.  How much of it is really sincere concern for the sister and how much of it is fascination with someone else's business and a juicy story?  Why are we disappointed when her story seems like ordinary family drama rather than something from a book on crime procedural?  

This fascination with her is weird, especially when we have so many other issues and problems in our community.

salaam

se7en
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Dec 22, 2011 12:31 PM »

salaam,

BTW I don't know about you but I am extremely happy that this was something personal to her and not a case of her being abducted for being Muslim.  We have seen a lot of things but alhamdulillah, at least we do not know of any cases of that happening and I hope we never do.

salaam
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #21 on: Dec 22, 2011 12:41 PM »

wsalam,

Yeah I definitely think there's some major psychological issues going on here and probably major family problems or whatever. In terms of 'right and wrong' we'll never know all the details of what really happened or why ppl made the choices they did.

But the family asked the public to get involved, to post fliers, to make dua, to change their profile pictures, to keep the story in the news. Can they now just say ok it's none of you alls business. Bye. I can see why the public is upset.

In terms of resources they prosecute girls who make up fake abduction/rape stories. But here she never made any claim. Just disappeared and came back. And what if it is true that she sent emails to her family telling them she was leaving and the family ignored them and swore up and down she was kidnapped? The blame keeps shifting here.

The reluctance of the police/fbi to call this an abduction from the beginning now makes more sense. The evidence pointed to it not being so. But will they now assume that girls who disappear from Muslim families do so because of family problems/arranged marriages etc. Will we now second guess everything any Muslim tells the community?
um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #22 on: Dec 22, 2011 01:08 PM »

salam

Alhamdolellah that she is safe.  I hope she can resolve her problems over time and find a better way to communicate with her family.  If anything, she now knows how much her family, community and almost everyone else loved and cared for her. 

Everyone's first reaction to her suspected abduction was right.  She should appear on some sort of press conference to thank everyone for their genuine concern and request forgiveness from people in the community about causing such alarm.  If she planned all of this she could seriously be in trouble with the law.  She could be charged with mischief. 

Alhamdolellah she is alive and safe. She is a muslim sister who still needs our dua. 

It is a wake up call to everyone.  Muslim teens and youth are going through really tough times . We need to be able to help them deal with what they are going through.   

May ALlah protect our children.

take care.
se7en
Sis

« Reply #23 on: Dec 22, 2011 01:18 PM »

as salaamu alaykum,

Jannah I guess I can understand that to a certain extent, but I am assuming there is some reason why they are completely silent about what happened and not saying it was due to marital problems, a family dispute, a psychological break down etc.  Maybe its something more complicated than that.  The news just broke and they may need some time to figure out what it is they want to share with millions of people.

Most of the time when an adult goes missing its because they do not want to be found.  (Otherwise they are abducted by someone they know.  Stranger abduction are actually very rare from what I've read.)

That being the case I don't think this situation is really different from most other missing persons cases so I don't think it will cause law enforcement to be skeptical when Muslim women go missing.  They probably go by statistics and most likely scenarios and work from there.  What Islamophobes have to say about it will be another matter...  

Ameen to your duaa Sr. Um Aboodi!

salaam
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #24 on: Dec 23, 2011 06:21 AM »

ws,

Updated my post about the parents email thing. Latest news is that she hasn't contacted her family at all or gone home. They only know from the police that she's safe and sound, and it was the police who found her. This tells us that there's some major problems going on there. It's sad how the whole world was dragged into this mess.

Don't know how we can prevent things like this except get more trained counselors and mediators to work on family issues in our community. I personally know of two friends that "ran away" to marry someone their parents didn't want them to marry and they felt they had no choice cuz otherwise they'd be pressured into marrying someone else. But Alhamdulillah they didn't fake anything and someone somewhere knew they were ok.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: