Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

If dhikr be the food of love, play on.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brooklyn-based activist Linda Sarsour encounters rasicm/bigotry at movie theate  (Read 519 times)
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« on: Dec 24, 2011 02:59 AM »

She tweeted this out a short time ago, so thought I would share. READ FROM BOTTOM UP FOR IT TO MAKE SENSE  Smiley

She was recently honored at the White House for her efforts in the Arab-American community.

She is Palestinian.

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2011 06:52 PM »

That is so sad. Very sad. Sad

um aboodi
Sis

Reputation Power: 26
um aboodi barely matters :(um aboodi barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 25, 2011 10:18 PM »

salam

That type of bigotry should never be tolerated.  I would have loved it had Linda, or someone in the line, recorded the whole thing and put it on youtube.  From now on, everyone make sure you have your phones or cameras handy.  Whenever something like this happens, record it and post it to expose its ugliness. People who do this have to be shamed publically.

take care

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: