// Egyptian court rules against virginity tests
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol; and the idol of each person is his Ego. - Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Egyptian court rules against virginity tests  (Read 576 times)
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« on: Dec 27, 2011 07:46 PM »

Anybody on this board from Egypt?  I've heard several different angles on this....

http://www.cnn.com/2011/12/27/world/meast/egypt-virginity-tests/
Christine_1208
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Christine_1208 has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2011 09:46 PM »

Crazy! Absolutely crazy! Who cares if she is a virgin or not. You can't humilate people or assume they are "loose" So how would they prove if a non-virgin was raped? Or is she fair game since she was not a virgin? How about if she says she was assaulted then do a rape kit? I feel bad for the women subjected to this.

I believe in Islam like the sun rising, not because I see it but because by it, I see everything else.
moderatesufi
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2011 11:26 PM »

Christine to understand what happened and why it happened you need to understand what is the Egyptian army and why the Egyptian army exists.

The Egyptian army are the enemies of Islam.
They care nothing about women, and their lack of virginity because no institution in has taken away the virginity of more girls and women than the Egyptian army.
The Egyptian army has been at war with Islam for many years, and throughout those years they used rape as a means to suppress it.
This is just a continuation of that.
sexual humiliation.
It wasn't gynaecologists, or anyone else with the ability to know whether someone is a virgin who did it.
These girls and women were striped buy soldiers, they had soldiers stick their hands inside their private parts, while many other soldiers watched.
This wasn't about checking virginity, but a continuation of the Egyptian Armies long tradition of raping, and sexually assaulting Muslim women in their fight against Islam.
They have been doing this for a very long time to stop Men from praying and women from dressing Islamicly.
You never hear about the Egyptian army raiding brothels, and checking prostitutes to see if they are virgins?
Because the Egyptian army supports brothels, and the prostitutes that work in them.
The generals make their money from tourism and prostitution is part of tourism.
This is about destroying virginity, not defending it.
Sarah Amena
Sis

Reputation Power: 1
Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2011 01:09 AM »

Asalam Alaikum Moderatesufi! I was just looking for some of your recent posts and I couldn't find any for  a few days.. I thought you may have given up on the Madina.. I'm glad you didn't, I give you props for coming back even with so many negative reps Smiley
moderatesufi
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2011 09:06 AM »

I have been busy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: