Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Life of the Party? Get Paid to Socialize  (Read 1112 times)
Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« on: May 13, 2008 09:36 AM »

Life of the Party? Get Paid to Socialize
by Chloƫ Dowley

Calling all extroverts! Can't imagine spending time away from your cell phone, instant messenger, and other social networking devices? If you're only using your social skills at night and on weekends, it's time to take advantage of your talent interacting with others in a fun and perhaps even lucrative career. The list below is just a sampling of the many professions that are well-suited to the skills of an extrovert. Combine your innate abilities with the right degree, and it's almost like getting paid to socialize.

The Host with the Most:Careers in Hospitality
The hospitality field could be your perfect match if you're looking for ways to harness your social talent. Whether you'd love serving drinks behind the bar of the hottest club, working the tables at a five-star restaurant, or managing a hotel, the right career training can make or break your job search.

Event Planner- Share your organizing skills with the world and you could actually earn money while attending the most stylish events.

What to Study: A degree in hotel and restaurant management is the path to this career. Programs offer courses in business principles and training in hospitality essentials.

Earnings: The median salary for meeting and convention planners was $42,180 in 2006.

Restaurant/Bar/Club Owner- If you're going to invite people over every night for dinner, why not up the ante and start hosting people professionally?

What to Study: Choose to earn a degree in culinary arts or add an MBA in management to your culinary and social leanings.

Earnings: Salary figures for restaurant owners vary too widely to make an accurate generalization, however the most successful restaurateurs can earn six figures annually.

Working the Room: Careers in Business
If you'd like to make your people-oriented personality work for you in the world of business, there are plenty of educational options at your disposal. Master of Business Administration (MBA) degrees programs are available from hundreds of institutions, many offering fields of study that you can tailor to your professional goals.

Human Resources (HR)- As a human resources professional responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new employees, there could be ample opportunities to socialize each day.

What to Study: A bachelor's degree in business administration with a concentration in human resources could get you started in this field. Earn your MBA to increase job prospects and earning potential.

Earnings: The median salary for HR managers was $88,510 in 2006.

Management- The best managers are effective communicators who know how to connect with their employees, so a career in management is a natural fit for extroverts.

What to Study: To qualify for a job in management, a minimum of an associate degree in business or management is recommended. To work for high-profile companies or in senior management positions, go for that MBA.

Earnings: Salaries for managers vary greatly, but in general most positions pay over $50,000 annually.

Let's Not Forget...
There are plenty of professions in which you can capitalize on your outgoing nature. Almost all require at least an associate degree, however if you already have a degree, adding a strategically-selected certificate to your resume may be enough to land you a social job.

Fundraising Director- As a fundraising professional for a non-profit or charitable organization, you could use your natural-born charm to woo potential donors to your cause and organize not-to-be-missed gala events.
What to Study: You'll need at least a bachelor's degree, although many employers prefer candidates with a master's degree in human services, marketing, or business.

Earnings: Median earnings of fundraising directors were just over $100,000 in January of 2008.

Social Networking Professional- If you're an online socialite, your Facebook, MySpace, or Second Life expertise can translate into job opportunities.

What to Study: Learn how to effectively use computers and the Internet to reach your target audience with a degree in computer science or information technology.

Earnings: Median salaries for networking experts range from $50,000 through $90,000.

Nurse: Whether you're a Nurse Practitioner (NP), Registered Nurse (RN), or a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), your ability to connect with others will take you far in this career.

What to Study: In a matter of months you can train to be a CNA. If you have more time to devote to your studies, consider earning your Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) to qualify for positions as an RN, or go all-out and get a Master's of Science Degree in nursing to become an NP.

Earnings: Median earnings range from just over $10 an hour for CNAs, $57,280 for RNs, to nearly $80,000 for NPs.

http://www.yahoo.com/s/879351

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: