// Beard dilemma
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.” Martin Luther King, Jr. quote
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beard dilemma  (Read 1333 times)
Anonymous
« on: May 11, 2011 11:59 PM »

Assalamulaikum wrt wbrk everyone,

Inshallah you are all in the best of health.  I have a slight dilemma in my heart.
I am a newly wed, and my husband and I had been engaged for about 8 months.  After we got married, my husband decided that he wanted to grow a beard.  Now we see this as sunnah obligation (I know some see it as fard).

Anyway, I am ashamed to say this and have thought about it for many days before posting this, but inside my heart, I don't like the look or feel of the beard.  And I know it is a sunnah and our beloved prophet pbuh did it, and it must be a reflection of my imaan that I am finding it so hard to find it attractive.

I dont want to tell my husband because I want to support him and ultimatly ofcourse it is his choice and his desicion.  Does anyone have any advice or duas?
I'm just confused because of the way I feel inside :s
 Huh?
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011 06:35 AM »

i think its best to discuss it with your husband. You can suggest postponing the idea of beard for some time. Once u both  grow really close to him a beard or a tail will not matter!
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011 08:21 AM »

salam

Totally agree you do need to talk to your husband about this, nicely, and at a time when you're both calm and relaxed (so not straight as he comes in from work or something OK).

It's fair enough really I wouldn't get too upset about not liking beards, you may change your minn in future, but right now just explain your feelings.

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2012 09:50 PM »

What you should do, is wash his beard with conditioner to make it nice and soft.
And then colour it in three or four different colours, because that will look cool.
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2012 03:57 PM »

salaam,

LOL that last advice was awesome, but seriously why don't you suggest he tries a few different styles first (Ex: at what point he trims on the cheeks, the length etc?)  Some suit some mens' faces better than others and maybe you can find one that suits him and that you find appealing and attractive too.
Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2012 07:27 PM »

How about putting dreadlocks on his beard?
What would look cool!
Cooler still if you put his beard in a Jamaican hat.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: