// [FAQ] What are those reps agree/disagree things?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [FAQ] What are those reps agree/disagree things?  (Read 7669 times)
Admin
Administrator

Reputation Power: 107
Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)Admin has an aura about them. :)

« on: Dec 27, 2007 09:16 AM »

Q. What are those reps agree/disagree things?

A. Reps means "reputation".

When someone agrees or disagrees with you, or likes a post of yours or doesn't like it, they can click on "agree" or "disagree" and it will give you 1 point or take away 1 point.  It's just fun so everyone play nice  kidsfighting

I gave everyone at least 1 for completing an intro Wink (Maybe we'll give everyone 10 for every year they were on the Madina since 2000?)

You need to have a certain number of posts before you can start repping! and you can only do 1 an hour I think.

Attia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Attia has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2009 05:16 PM »

[slm]

I have not been very active on the board of late and although lurking, am posting only infrequently despite being quite an old member.  I recently noted the 'reps' thing on the side of peoples names when they post - what does this signify...sorry if someone's already asked that question lol  must have missed the explanation somewhere
Attia
Sis

Reputation Power: 8
Attia has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2009 10:11 AM »

thank you Smiley
Ilyas
Bro

Reputation Power: 2
Ilyas has no influence :(

« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2010 01:57 AM »

I just noticed the "reps" as well. I don't see where we can select "agree" or "disagree" though.

Assalamu Alaikum
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2010 05:38 AM »

ws,

Ilyas I think you need a certain amount of posts before you can "rep" someone... I think I'll change the buttons to "like" and "meh" to go along with facebook or something Wink

skhansj
Bro

Reputation Power: 1
skhansj has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2010 02:23 PM »

Salaams Alaykum Br. Ilyas,
It takes 50 posts before you become a junior member.... and any non-newbie rank allows you to rep.

Then you have the power of the rep (which appears as 'agree' or 'disagree' as the lovely sister Jannah pointed out).

I don't think it has any substantial impact on your experience on the site, although, if you could associate it with medals (like foursquare achievements) it would make this forum ever so much more addictive.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon"
--- Napoleon Bonaparte

Also, it is not clear if the reps follow the physics law of conservation of mass (i.e. you 'give' one away when you 'agree' with someone) or are a divine gift that keeps flowing (like sunlight? --- i.e. you don't lose any).

I think that when I 'repped' someone earlier, I lost one... or maybe it was something I said that did not meet the approval of my esteemed peers? (and they decided to bash me with the 'disagree' stick?)

Consider them to be the 'virtual' equivalent of belly rubs (good kitty, good kitty.... meeowr).
Ilyas
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2010 10:56 PM »

Salaams Alaykum Br. Ilyas,
It takes 50 posts before you become a junior member.... and any non-newbie rank allows you to rep.

Then you have the power of the rep (which appears as 'agree' or 'disagree' as the lovely sister Jannah pointed out).

I don't think it has any substantial impact on your experience on the site, although, if you could associate it with medals (like foursquare achievements) it would make this forum ever so much more addictive.

"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon"
--- Napoleon Bonaparte

Also, it is not clear if the reps follow the physics law of conservation of mass (i.e. you 'give' one away when you 'agree' with someone) or are a divine gift that keeps flowing (like sunlight? --- i.e. you don't lose any).

I think that when I 'repped' someone earlier, I lost one... or maybe it was something I said that did not meet the approval of my esteemed peers? (and they decided to bash me with the 'disagree' stick?)

Consider them to be the 'virtual' equivalent of belly rubs (good kitty, good kitty.... meeowr).

Walaikum Asalam.

Thank you for taking your time to reply. lol everyone loves a good belly rub.

Jannah sis, I like that idea. It will give the site a more friendlier non formal feel to it.

Assalamu Alaikum
Sarah Amena
Sis

Sarah Amena has no influence :(

« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2010 06:28 AM »

I agree, can everyone please press "REP" on my profile, I only have 1 and I feel lame!
Ilyas
Bro

« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2010 07:12 AM »

I agree, can everyone please press "REP" on my profile, I only have 1 and I feel lame!

If I could I would have "REP"-ed you right now lol.

50 posts was it?

Assalamu Alaikum
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2010 07:42 PM »

I wouldn't mind so more reps too - I mean 9 is pretty cool, but I feel so inadequate when i see someone who has more reps than posts!! That must be there are saying few words, but ones that are well, agreeable to readers. yet, I do realize I don't say much of anything substantial or contribute to the main discussions on the forum, so it's all good in the end. Also, I did lose 2-3 within a short time when it came to Sis J's "letter to a terrorist" (as I was supporting her opinion) and the heated discussion that followed, so I felt proud actually.  Smiley

BABA
 desibro

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
Sarah Amena
Sis

« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2010 09:26 PM »

Bro WCoastbaba  -  I just pressed "rep" on your post, would be be I "repped" you  lol I don't know. But I gave you another!
WCoastbaba
Bro

WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2010 09:58 PM »

Awww, that's so sweet of you! Double digits - yay! haha. I gave you one also Sis! We're just silly aren't we?  Smiley Cheesy

Thanks for brightening my day!  Cool

BABA
 desibro

Nafs
« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2010 09:47 AM »

Where would you find what has been agreed to or disagreed to?
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #13 on: Aug 18, 2010 03:09 PM »

Sr. Nafs - There isn't anyway to see that - as far as I know, though, yes, I would like to know which post was "agreed to" though you can find this on other comment systems (I have Disqus on my blog, which shows how many people liked a comment or in the case of fellow Disqus users, who actually liked it).

BABA
 desibro

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #14 on: Aug 18, 2010 03:37 PM »

salam

OK, as you guys seem sooo excited about the reps, i've repped you both, it's only to humour you kids..... oldshaykh  on the other hand you are both very funny!!!

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
lucid
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
lucid has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Aug 18, 2010 05:21 PM »

i repped you.

i tried to rep myself. didn't work.

i tried to rep myself again.  didn't work.

it still doesn't work!

i think i'll try again....

hey jannah, "your board is %&^&^%.  the rep function is messed up"

oh wait...it's true you can't  rep yoursel?? oh man...am i the only idiot who didn't know that?

i just tried to unrep myself for that idiocy...but that didn't work either.

i tried to unrep myself again...didn't work.

this is getting frustrating.

maybe if i press the agree and disagree buttons at the same time it'll work; like when pressing ESCAPE doesn't do anything exciting by itself...but if you press it together with DELETE and some other keys...you can blow up your computer...(you've never done that?  man, am i the only one who can get my computer to puff smoke?)

i think i need mr bean to come back from the dead to help me out.  maybe we can strike a deal to rep each other.  but then again he's as daft as me, so that might not work.

best wishes and happy ramadan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(i've just had iftar; so i am pretty happy)

Sarah Amena
Sis

« Reply #16 on: Aug 18, 2010 05:27 PM »

Salam Alaikum Brother Lucid,

You don' t need any more reps! You already have 75!!! I am sooo jealous!!  happy

P.S.
But I gave you another!
WCoastbaba
Bro

« Reply #17 on: Aug 18, 2010 06:19 PM »

salam

OK, as you guys seem sooo excited about the reps, i've repped you both, it's only to humour you kids..... oldshaykh  on the other hand you are both very funny!!!

Wassalaam

Hey Sis Fozia, who you callin' a kid?! LOOOL! Yes, I try to be silly online, since I have to be so serious most of the time in real life (though I am silly around certain family members) and online to a certain extent of course. I'm 28, but at times, I feel as if I'm in my early 20s or maybe even late teens - I had to mature during that time for personal reasons, so you'll be seeing more silliness from me insha'allah!  Smiley Grin

BABA
 desibro
PS Thanks for the rep!  Grin

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Aug 18, 2010 07:52 PM »

ws,

yes there's no way to know right now... i think in an upgrade or a mod one day we could possibly add the feature. the downside tho is that it can cause some drama when ppl "negative rep" someone, so dunno...
khadija13
Sis

khadija13 has no influence :(

« Reply #19 on: Aug 21, 2010 05:35 PM »

mashallahsis I have 5 reps, in 15 post i think i feel good Smiley hijabisis

When you feel all alone in this world
And there's nobody to count your tears
Just remember, no matter where you are
Allah knows
Allah knows.....
Alhamdaollilah
Sarah Amena
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Apr 26, 2011 06:51 PM »

WHAT??? SYMPATHY REPS! I am outraged!!
LOL just kidding!

I just read through this and it put a smile on face  Tongue

I hope, InshAllah everyone on  or  maybe it's "IN"the Madinah is doing great!

Salam Alaikum,
UmmWafi
Sis

Reputation Power: 12
UmmWafi has no influence :(

« Reply #21 on: Aug 22, 2011 07:16 AM »

Asalamu'alaikum

After all these while I just found out what a rep is. Gosh..I am really technically backward Smiley

Wassalam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: