Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

Once more into the quran, dear friends, once more.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is up with this weather?!!!  (Read 1265 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Jan 09, 2012 02:10 PM »

salams,

Usually by this time of year we're hip deep in snow and ice and ugliness, but this year we only had a tiny little snowstorm way early in October and that's it! There's still 3 months left so I guess we'll see if we're just late bloomers? On Sat I went to the park with the baby!! In January! In Upstate NY! This has never happened. Is this global warming? 60 year weather pattern? Or are we nearing the end......  erm or perhaps someone somewhere just prayed for a mild winter?

silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2012 04:24 PM »

It has been so dry in texas! I remember last year this time we had below freezing temperatures. This time we don't even need to wear any jackets/coats. I hope we get some more rains. Its global warming and we are nearing the end.  Huh? Embarrassed
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2012 04:38 PM »

salam

I'm  kinda grateful for the mild weather, I've got  lot on this year and do not need the severe weather disruptions.....

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
moderatesufi
« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2012 06:43 PM »

I like bad whether.
People get a day off work/school.
Snow fights.
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Jan 10, 2012 02:46 AM »

Where I live I cant tell as we dont really have seasons hehe ...
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2012 10:05 PM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

We have snow in London! I was supposed to have a Lunch 'party' tomorrow and I was oblivious cooking away with all my kitchen windows wide open (not looking out). After numerous people started to tell me it's snowing in London, especially after a friend who lives 5 mins away that it's snowing... I FINALLY looked out the window. Subhanallah what a sight! It looks so beautiful & peaceful out there tonight. It's also a reminder of how amazing Allah's creation is.

Heard its snowing very bad in northern parts of UK. There have been fatalities in certain parts of Europe with this very cold spell. -28c in some places due to the weather. Also a stark reminder that something as the weather can take ones life and we are returned to our Creator. This life is very temporary.

Anyway, enjoy the snow IF you have it.. (I hope my kids school closes for a few days, so I can sleep in Smiley )

Stay safe Smiley
Ma'Salam,
Cinders

Here's an article:
http://m.yahoo.com/w/news_europe/britain-braced-widespread-snow-054716528.html?&.intl=uk&.lang=uk&.tsrc=yahoo&ref_w=frontdoors

Ps: if you have elderly neighbours please look out for them.

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2012 11:58 AM »

A.A.

Have you guys heard of Murree?

The supposed to be so-famous hill station in Pak? This pic is of my friend's car (the corola on the right). He visited Murree last Sunday, the 5th of Feb 2012.

It never snow-falls that much over there during this time of the year!

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Feb 29, 2012 09:04 PM »

salam,

We spoke too soon!! Winter has arrived!! It's been snowing like crazy!! I finally have to find my gloves and boots and things. Just when we switched over to Spring in the Madina!! Cheesy

Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2012 09:08 AM »

Salam

OMG, still snowing!  Its March already...

H2H: thats the funniest pic I've seen in a long time...somehow the snow is defying gravity...

Sending some lovely 30 degree sunshine your way...
Slm
S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: