Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Fair peace becomes men; ferocious anger belongs to beasts. - Ovid
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: people turning arrogant when they make money  (Read 841 times)
Anonymous
« on: Jan 13, 2012 12:47 AM »

Salaam

Have you noticed that people who start making a lot of money change even if their religious? They tend to look down on someone who is not and become arrogant, specially if you are in need.

I have seen this a lot in my new experience of being 'poor' or even just because I am a single mom.

It hurts a lot, specially when one of them was a friend.

Advice/comments?
Anonymous
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2012 01:10 AM »

Walaikum salam,

Yes this is absolutely true. I experienced this when I was young and my father passed away. People have such kinds of standards. Whether somebody is poor or rich, beautiful or not, highly educated, how many sons/daughters some one have,...etc. Most people tend to take pride in whatever special blessing they have and tend to look down on others. Stop caring about people and be strong from inside by being content on everything. Times change and situations change. This is what I have learnt.
Another important lesson: Stop sharing your problems with (worldly) friends (i.e. who have these worldly standards). Most people are happy that you have problems.
Anonymous
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2012 08:11 AM »

isn't there a verse in the bible "it's harder for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven than for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle."
Anonymous
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2012 08:43 AM »

salam

The first reply is right that people love that other people have problems, very few people know about my life I only share a few things with people close to me or those in the same boat so I can help them.

Arrogance attached to wealth is a fallacy who knows how long wealth will last, anything could happen. I don't let people like that get to me they mean nothing to me and have no power over me to make me feel anything. I am content with my situation in life, I also hold on to the memory of how this feels now so I never behave in a similar manner, because I do not want anyone to feel the way some people would love for me to feel.

It's also rather sad that the only way these people can feel good about themselves is to compare themselves on a materialistic level with people who have less right now.

I'm just greatful my children are fed and clothed and we have a roof over our heads and alhumdulillah a decent standard of living without relying on any one but Allah.

Surround yourself with a few close friends who really care about you, everyone else is an acquaintance, always be nice back to horrible people- it really throws them!

Wassalaam
Anonymous
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2012 09:08 AM »

salam,

There's also a Hadith that talks about how most of the inhabitants of Heaven will be poor!!! So you are in good company Smiley I think we should always look to those who have less than us in cases like this. To that friend you may be "poor" but there are others much poorer than you, and we should make sure our behavior towards them is not like your friend's was to you. That's the only thing we'll be responsible for on the Day of J. Just ourselves, not anyone else's behavior.

Agreed with staying away from people like that. Seems like in this day and age we have more frenemies than friends!

Anonymous
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2012 04:31 AM »

Well if the behavior was just towards me, it would be fine. But the behavior is towards my child who doesn't even have a father.
Anonymous
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2012 12:16 PM »

salam

I'd keep my children away from these sort of people too.

I tell my children that this sort of people, ones who others stay away from because of their hurtful words are the kind of people we do not wish to become.

It's life you will come across people who are less than nice, you need to teach your child to take the good and learn from the bad, that we do not want to make people feel the way this sort of people make us feel.

I also tell my children its a test from Allah to see how we answer other peoples behaviour, we must always be kind even if the person in front of us is being mean, because we ultimately seek Allahs pleasure and forgiveness.

If they become very nasty, I would calmly pull the person up in a icily polite manner, ie did you mean to be so nasty to my 5/6/7 year old child because it certainly came across as a very nasty thing to say. When they get defensive you say please do not speak to my child like that it causes him a great deal of pain and he/she has been thro enough don't you think.

And make duas that Allah protect you from people like this.

Wassalaam
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: