// The Importance of Al Nawawis "40 Hadeeth"
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "No man accomplishes an action but that God, Most High, clothes him with its mantle - if good, then with good, and if evil, with evil." - Uthman ibn Affan (May Allah be pleased with him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Importance of Al Nawawis "40 Hadeeth"  (Read 1775 times)
Ehsan
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Ehsan has no influence :(

« on: Jun 09, 2008 02:32 PM »

Assalamualaikum,

I believe everyone on the forum is aware of Imam al Nawawis "40 Hadeeth" book, but how many of us really understand its significance? I am often asked, "How can I learn about Islam simply aside from the Quran?"

I just want to impart some advice to my brothers and sisters that this book encompasses Islam comprehensively, and is the ideal starting point to gain a good overall summary of Islam.

To those who may not be on an Alim course etc. should atleast memorise these "40 Hadeeth" and try and implement them in ones life. Learn about the commentary, and understand the hadeeths and their significance, and inshAllah that should give a good firm basis for the everyday muslim.

There are numerous lectures and tapes on the 40 Hadeeth, analysing even the content page and structure of the book, because of its  superb summation of Islam.

May Allah keep us all steadfast on His path ameen.

INFORMING YOU ABOUT ISLAM

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: