Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Would you be a stay-at-home Dad? Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 20, 2014 01:55 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Friends, Rumi, countrymen, lend me your poetry.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Would you be a stay-at-home Dad?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Would you be a stay-at-home Dad?
yes   -0 (0%)
no   -1 (100%)
Total Voters: 1

Author Topic: Would you be a stay-at-home Dad?  (Read 2071 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« on: Dec 15, 2011 02:26 AM »

Found this article really interesting. The bro unfortunately lost his job and was a stay at home dad for 9 months. A longish writeup but very interesting thoughts!! I think it would definitely make a lot of bros appreciate their wives a lot more huh  Wink
------------------------

THE BEST JOB I EVER HAD
http://thegoodthedadandthebaby.com/?p=2136

Four weeks before our first son, Abdullah Yusuf Shafi, was born, we found ourselves in an interesting situation. I had lost my job as an accountant at a corporate retail company. Within a few weeks, Ayesha was due to go on maternity leave from her position as a high school math teacher at a small private school, unpaid. Not exactly the situation we had planned for when we would have our first child.

What we thought and hoped would happen was I’d find a job during Abdullah’s first few months and Ayesha would return to finish teaching the school year after 12 weeks of leave. Three months would be enough time to get it all sorted out. What ended up happening, however, was only half of that. Ayesha went back to teaching, but I was still without a job. Again, not exactly the situation we had planned for.

What resulted, however, was something incredible. I got to experience something most fathers never do: being a stay-at-home dad. There I was, a typical guy who thought he’d always be the one working in the house with Ayesha staying home with our kids (or at most teaching 9 months out of the year) doing the exact opposite of what I had imagined: I was the one staying at home! When it started, I had no idea how long it was going to last. What I did know, however, was I was due for the experience of a lifetime.

con't http://thegoodthedadandthebaby.com/?p=2136
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2011 09:10 PM »

Ohh how sweet! Im so glad that he took the situation in a positive light, Mashallah. Many men I know would really resent thier job loss.

Its always good to spend a little time in each others position, helps you appreciate one another more.

Inshallah this family will have more happy times to come in the future
akhan
Bro

Reps: 1076

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2011 08:59 AM »

The bro unfortunately lost his job and was a stay at home dad for 9 months.
I'd say it was rather fortunate Smiley
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2778

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2011 05:34 PM »

The bro unfortunately lost his job and was a stay at home dad for 9 months.
I'd say it was rather fortunate Smiley

lol definitely a good experience for bros. hope you try it after your 6 kids. i'll check with you in 10 years Wink
akhan
Bro

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2011 05:58 PM »

since I don't like the pressures of college, I'm surely not gonna like the pressures of work so it's good if it happens to me, unless I get my dream job.
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2011 10:29 PM »

Uni and work is really different akhan, honestly, it really was for me. Uni was a lot of studying and late nights, and competition and lots and lots of long hours in lectures and clinic hours. Once you graduate and start work, everything is different. You dont need to study every night, you can choose what to do after you get home at 6, you can spend time with family or just be a veggie on the couch lol.

Plus once you start work you get to make social circles with friends at work and spend time doing activities on the weekend with them, as opposed to just studying all weekend or having "study circles".

Inshallah you will get your dream job, even if it is being a stay at home dad Tongue:P

And sis Jannah lol I agree staying at home with 1 baby for 9 months is very different from staying at home all the time with many kids !
akhan
Bro

« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2011 06:53 AM »

I do my best when I'm left alone without any pressure of deadlines and stuff. Working in teams and dealing with the consequent office politics is really difficult for me. In my line of work, this is bound to happen so I'm better off at home Tongue My dream job is being a professor or a researcher, I can be a lone wolf that way.
moderatesufi
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2011 01:47 PM »

I thought you lot were all anti-stay-at home-dads?

Or does the anti bit only apply to me?
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reps: 159

Taubah

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2012 05:17 AM »

Staying at home is the toughestest job ever!

Phiriod!

WS

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
moderatesufi
« Reply #9 on: Jan 14, 2012 08:25 AM »

nhh not really, I have had worse.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Would you be a stay-at-home Dad?

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines