Madinat al-Muslimeen Community -  Bruvs, U got alot to live up to... Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Apr 23, 2014 09:06 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: All the world's a dars.

+  Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
|-+  Sis/Bros
| |-+  The Brother's Club Hangout
| | |-+  Bruvs, U got alot to live up to...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruvs, U got alot to live up to...  (Read 556 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reps: 2785

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 02, 2012 06:57 AM »

Found this in the archives from like 2000 I almost died laughing. O where, O where can I find such a brother !!!???

To draw, finally, the portrait of an ideal Muslim young man from what Iqbal felt and thought and prayed and preached: He is a man of unblemished character, his youth is clean and spotless, his blow is deadly and he is as strong as a lion in war and as soft as silk in peace. He acquits himself well both in combat and in friendship. He is gentle of speech and stern in action. His desires are few and his aims are high. He is contented in poverty and rich in indigence, self-respecting in want and benevolent in prosperity. He prefers death to a life of dishonor. Sometimes he is the dew that cools the heart of the tulip and sometimes the storm that causes an upheaval in the bosoms of the oceans. He turns into a raging torrent if the mountains beset his path and passes like a singing brook through the bed-chamber of love. He is an embodiment of Abu Bakr's faith, Ali's valour, Abu Dhar's contentment and Salman's devotion. His faith is a lamp of guidance in the dark night of the wilderness and his life is an example of manly courage and fortitude of Mu'min's wisdom and forsight. He likes martyrdom better than worldly power and rule. He casts his noose on the stars and enslaves the forces of nature. The loftiness of his character is the envy of the angels and his existence is a challenge to falsehood and infidelity. Even the whole world cannot pay his price nor can he be bought by anyone but his Lord. His noble ideals have lifted him above the triviality of the world and it's empty allurements. The deceptions of sound and color mean nothing to him and he refuses to follow and imitate the peacocks and nightingales of the modern civilization, disdainfully proclaiming:   

Nightingale is nothing but sound,
      and peacock no more than color.
-Glory of Iqbal by Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi
austmuslimah
Sis

Reps: 101

« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2012 09:14 AM »

Awww if u ever find him see if he has a brother for meee!!

Sounds like a very down to earth genuine muslim guy
Nafs
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2012 05:21 PM »

^today, my optimistic attitude says they are very close by!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Madinat al-Muslimeen Community - Bruvs, U got alot to live up to...

Nostalgia racing theme by © Mustang forum. Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines