Madinat al-Muslimeen Community
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Apr 16, 2014 02:34 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gift Ideas for Pregnant Women (pleaseeeee help fast!!)  (Read 4221 times)
Nafs
« on: Feb 02, 2012 09:33 PM »

Asalaam alaikum!!!!

Any ideas about what a pregnant women would enjoy the most? I want the gift to be especially for them! Specifically someone who is in her last month I'A ..

Also just any gifts that a pregnant women could enjoy in general ...

Thanks Smiley
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2012 09:57 PM »

Walaiykum Salam,

When I was pregnant the thing I used to enjoy most was having nice relaxing baths. So maybe some nice bath stuff? Obviously you could get something for the baby when it's born, but from what I understand of your post it's more for the pregnant lady rather than the baby you wish to buy for.
  • bath stuff
  • huge amounts of whatever she craves (food/non food (some women crave weird things like soil during pregnancy) or drinks wise
  • Most thing she's likely to want is for the baby to be born, but unfortunately you can't buy that  Grin

Hope it helps,

Ma'Salama,
Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2012 11:55 AM »

1. Packets of dry fruits----enjoyable and beneficial.
2. An interesting book on childcare--- e.g dr spook
3.Some baby stuff---just looking at the things meant for the new one is enjoyable and exciting.
4. If she is someone close you can gift her a facial , pedicure, manicure etc package at the parlour----looking good feels really good
rahma
Sis

Reputation Power: 73
rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)rahma has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #3 on: Feb 03, 2012 05:00 PM »

A homemade book of coupons for free babysitting!   Grin
Nafs
« Reply #4 on: Feb 03, 2012 06:34 PM »

JazakAllah khair ladies!!

Yes Cinders that is correct, I am aiming at finding a gift for the mommy's to be inshaAllah and after the kids are born I'll take care o them... Bath stuff and Food sounds super good hehe.

Sr. Aazeen thank you! very good ideas as well ..I am really thinking about the whole package at the parlour ..if someone is in their 9th month, like about to give birth any week, would a massage be okay? lol... I also like giving books to people .. it's mostly because I myself love books but these girls like to read too (altho that usually doesn't stop me from giving someone a book).

Rahma you are so cute!!! mashaAllah ..That's a super awesome idea ... I am going to see them today so I actually can't make that..but maybe in the future I'll steal that idea Tongue

BTW anyone can continue to post ideas ..ideas are free hehe.

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2012 10:34 PM »

salam

One of my close friends recently had a baby.

I made up a hamper for her.

I bought a material basket (which she can use to store her baby's bits in once she's taken the gifts out), on one side I filled it with baby clothes, blanket & cuddly teddy & baby bath giftset. On the other I put designer breast feeding pyjamas, bath gift set for new mums, washable breast pads (she planned on breast feeding) & kamillosan (a cream for soreness while breast feeding can also be used for nappy rash on baby & safe to ingest as it contains chamomile & lanolin) and a million packets of pumpkin seeds as she has had a mad craving for them which has continued post birth.

For another very old friend who lives very far from me and has no family close by;
I sent her a hamper filled with a weeks worth of meals for her so she could spend her first week with baby eating and sleeping, the meals were commissioned from a company that cooks the meals fresh & are frozen so all she had to do was heat & eat.

Both friends loved their gifts.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
MuslimahsMusings

Reputation Power: 0
MuslimahsMusings has no influence :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 04, 2012 01:34 AM »

Asalamu alaikum, i'd say anything off this list  thobesis

Baby Essentials & Baby​ Shower ideas (lots of things for mum too!):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/wishlist/2U6ECOETO22D9/ref=reg_hu-rd_add_wl

maryamarub
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
maryamarub has no influence :(

VERILY ALLAH IS WITH THOSE WHO ARE PATIENT

« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2012 07:36 PM »

a free flowing gown that you can relax in
JustOne
Sis

Reputation Power: 17
JustOne has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2012 07:03 AM »

A belly binder!

austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2012 12:52 PM »

I love sis Fozias idea of a food hamper.

When my mom was pregnant she loved to sew, and read, so mabye some hands-on crafty projects?

Items to arrange in the nursery room?
enock

Reputation Power: 1
enock has no influence :(

« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2014 02:23 PM »

Try to find it online, there are many options that you can use, and perhaps you can find more than a gift.

"Shoppingformen.com.au, best gift shop for men"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: