Madinat al-Muslimeen Community

Login with username, password and session length

From the news...

It was the best of times... it was the worst of times... it was shaadi season time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Judge sentences husband to buy wife flowers, take her out to dinner  (Read 988 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 09, 2012 01:18 AM »

Husbands take note lest you be sentenced!! Wink  -- J.

====
Judge sentences husband to buy wife flowers, take her out to dinner

Couple were also ordered to see a marriage counselor in domestic violence case

Forget prison, parole or probation: A Florida man was sentenced to buy his wife flowers, take her to Red Lobster and then out for a night of bowling.

Joseph Bray, 47, received the unusual sentence after his arrest for domestic violence in an argument that started when he forgot his wife’s birthday, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

Judge John Hurley also ordered Bray and his wife to undergo marriage counseling.

The light sentence came after Bray’s wife confirmed to the judge that she was not injured in the dispute and that she didn’t fear a repeat.

Bray had no prior arrests, and never hit his wife during the scuffle that started after he made no acknowledgment of his spouse’s birthday Monday.

“He’s going to stop by somewhere and he’s going to get some flowers,” Hurley said in court. “And then he’s going to go home, pick up his wife, get dressed, take her to Red Lobster.

“And then after they have Red Lobster, they’re going to go bowling.”

The dinner and entertainment portions of the sentence came after Hurley asked Bray’s wife about her favorite pastimes and places to dine.

Hurley said the light sentence was appropriate under the circumstances of the case. He did order the marriage counseling to begin within a week.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/judge-sentences-husband-buy-wife-flowers-dinner-article-1.1019136#ixzz1lqIwGfpE
Nafs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2012 06:33 AM »

I see good in this!
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 09, 2012 07:18 AM »

Whaaat? Being ordered by court to go on a date with your wife? I would never be able to get past the fact that the date was mandatory, I would always have a feeling deep that my husb doesn't find me important enough.
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #3 on: Feb 09, 2012 05:40 PM »

Lol, you never know... it could be good for them... the judge should have also ordered him to read Men are from Mars Wink but I'm sure the marriage counseling will go a long way!
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2012 09:52 AM »

A.A.

I think his wife should dump him! What a dimwit...

I'm a dating maniac, and my FB is full of the dating spots wifey and I escape to. We leave our kids at our inlaws, ammis, sisters... and chill out, and pretend that we are single and dating. Its so much fun that way... (of course most of you already know that im a nutcase)

Ok bye!

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
lala marcy
Sis

Reputation Power: 14
lala marcy has no influence :(

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2012 02:13 PM »

salaam,

This is stupid ..and seconding H2H...dump that loser. Seriously. A man needs to be a man. Enough with the excuses. I can't be bothered Smiley

Happy Friday yall.

peace
peace
Sis

Reputation Power: 21
peace barely matters :(peace barely matters :(

« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2012 12:36 PM »

i am about to sue my husband for forgetting to ring me up  madauntie Lets see how many phone calls a day is sentenced!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Feb 11, 2012 06:09 PM »

wsalam

lol lala maybe the dude just forgot?? it can happen... i don't think any of my friends know my exact birthday and i think my parents would be a day off here and there if asked ;0 i don't even want to acknowledge that i'm getting a year older!!  but i wouldn't mind getting flowers and red lobster...?? we used to get the cajun shrimp but have to call ahead and tell them not to add the wine!!
silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2012 06:22 PM »

Salaams,

I tell my husband that I have made life easier for him. I don't celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and don't expect any wishes from anyone. Of course, gifts are welcome any time and they don't need occasions.   bebzi Keeps life simple.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print

Jump to: