Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Simplicity: The Prophet said: 'What is little but sufficient is better than that which is abundant but causes heedlessness. ' (Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whitney Houston has died  (Read 593 times)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« on: Feb 12, 2012 10:37 AM »

salam

OK not 'Islamic' as such, but I felt really sad hearing about her demise, she formed part of the soundtrack of my youth Sad

Such a sad waste of life, she leaves behind a young daughter.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-17001692

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
pearl
Sis

Reputation Power: 5
pearl has no influence :(

« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2012 05:47 PM »

Before the drugs and all, she had such a strong and beautiful voice.

A sad ending for a troubled life.

jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2012 08:38 PM »

We were talking about this in the chat the other day. Fame and wealth seem to be something people aspire to and actively seek, yet it is a major fitnah for most people. So many of these 'stars' are deeply unhappy, live crazy lives, abuse drugs, lose all their money, have friends and family using them, are divorced multiple times... How do we know that if we ask for it and Allah gives it to us we wouldn't turn into the same. Sometimes Allah withholds things from people for a reason.

Halima
Sis

Reputation Power: 39
Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)Halima is working their way up :)

« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2012 02:24 AM »

I honestly felt sad. She had a great voice and her songs were really beautiful. Its such a waste. Does fame have to be associated with drugs? The pitfalls are so many. Succumbing very easy.

The Almighty Allah says,

"When a servant thinks of Me, I am near.
When he invokes Me, I am with him.
If he reflects on Me in secret, I reply in secret,
And if he acknowledges Me in an assembly,
I acknowledge him in a far superior assembly."

- Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reptd by Abu Huraira
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: