// Our Blogs & Articles !!!
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Oh, man! We killed Mr. Burns! Mr. Burns is gonna be so mad! - Homer
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our Blogs & Articles !!!  (Read 809 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 279
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 14, 2012 08:04 AM »

salam,

Couldn't find where we could advertise any blogs or articles we wrote, so thought I'd start one!!

An Ode to Divine Love (special V-Day blog)
http://jannah.org/blog/2012/02/14/an-ode-to-divine-love/
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2013 09:21 PM »

Um how about videos we took?

Just took these at the famous Bellagio Fountains in Vegas, where I was for two months for an externship - hope you guys like them Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mt4BLBTlsE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUfkoc9HEwxzTwPuKy9N4BnA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RHyh0tcBMo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUfkoc9HEwxzTwPuKy9N4BnA

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2013 02:33 PM »

wow that is seriously amazing how they did that with water!! looks like dancing fountains so elegant!!
WCoastbaba
Bro

Reputation Power: 51
WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)WCoastbaba is on the verge of being a madinan :)

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2013 08:10 PM »

I think it's controlled by computer...have you seen Ocean's 11? At the end...these are the fountains that you see in the closing scene of the film..

But they set it to different music...it's every 15 min...on a given day, it's never the same.

Glad you liked it Smiley

The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another:  [9:71]
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2014 02:43 PM »

Was thinking about everything I learned the hard way... ;0

what beat tsktsk bolt nono quote shame giveup faint

http://jannah.org/blog/things-i-learned-the-hard-way/
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2014 03:58 PM »

loads of people wear jeans here, it's the normal dress for twenty something upwards.

I actually know people who hate if someone dares to attempt to bag their shopping, it ruins their method!

We don't hate American's, we love them, until they tell us what to do speak English

I've made some lovely genuine people who have called me and made proper good friends form a meet up (but they were determined I can do superficial smiley keep in touch very easily).

I have to say your description of Masjids in America sound so much more friendly and welcoming and organised than the ones we have here.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2014 07:27 PM »

The fact that everywhere is closed on a sunday is like a form of torture, really!!! You know you're gonna need something from the neighbourhood grocer, but alas, its Sunday and ppl dont work on sundays...grrr :-((

Sigh, hard to make friends in the big city, inshaAllah, you will find some good genuine sisters soon. I dont have any advice, as it seems you have been going out and being sociable.  Ppl are just busy I suppose, and unless you have common interests which bring you together often, forming a friendship is difficult.  Have you thought of taking a regular class?  I met some nice girls at pilates, and a couple at the interfaith sessions...but I think it took a few months of regularly seeing each other and talking until we actually made plans to meet outside the class and immediately after the class, which is obviously easier.  I am very busy, and rather unsociable, so I had to make the most effort.  Sisters from the masjid, actually only met 2afterwards...because everyone comes from far away, and we dont live close enough to each other.  And I didnt gel with them in the first place, hehehe.

I wear a british uniform??? :-)) oh gosh, thought uniform was only for school!!  I have to make an effort not to wear all black, my mom says it freaks ppl out and makes me depro...so I try to wear a colourful scarf at least.

Oh gosh, i say bloody all the time, am i swearing?? Hehehe. Bloody hell...

Take care sis J, may Allah bless your life in London and grant you happiness.
Wasalam
S.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2014 07:31 PM »

I say bloody too usually when utterly shocked, it's the same level as stupid and arse and crap (this is becoing a very rude reply isn't it?)
Sunday trading laws in the UK means we can only trade for six hours on a Sunday, when I was little, Sunday was observed as a sabbath and literally NOTHINg was open.

The trading hours don't affect petrol statins so if you run out of something you can go to a petrol station and pick it up.

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Shahida
Sis

Reputation Power: 47
Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)Shahida might someday be someone..:)

Hasbi Allah wa ni3mal wakeel!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2014 07:42 PM »

Mmm, i dont know where the nearest petrol station is...but the busses run and the shops at the trainstation are always open for whatever...but tend to be more expensive obviously...

I am used to everything being open, there are even shops open on Xmas!!! So this whole sunday everything closed policy is just not right, not right at all!  :-))
Baji
Sis

Reputation Power: 33
Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)Baji is working their way up :)

« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2014 09:58 PM »

Also on Sundays Tesco express are open till 11pm Smiley

I do have to say though the timings for shops generally frustrates me especially after coming back from america..... Most of the stores other than food stores close at 6, which means if u work there is no way to sjhop after!!!!! Much prefer american system where all is open till at least 9pm....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: