// Not Praying and Fasting Question?
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: A man who makes $10,000 a year and saves $1000 is richer than a man who makes $1,000,000 a year and spends $1,000,000
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Praying and Fasting Question?  (Read 570 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 08, 2012 08:19 AM »

Assalam alkium,

I am trying to get my family and my in laws to start praying. I remember hearing something like, if you do not pray your fasts do not count.

My family/in laws fast for Ramadan, but do not pray and I heard that if you do not fast, your fasts are invalid. I want to tell them this, but I need something to back this up. Is there anywhere in the Quran or any Hadiths that support this?

Also I heard that you are not a Muslim unless you pray? Anything that supports this?

I appricate any help:)

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2012 06:06 PM »

Walaikum salaam wrt wbt,

From what I've learned your fasts are separate from your prayers. They are two different acts of worship and one does not affect the other's "validness".

About not praying, most say if a person doesn't pray out of lazyness it doesn't take them outside the fold of Islam. It's only when they believe "you don't have to pray" or that it's not a pillar of Islam, then it can take you out.

It's a good idea to check these with your shaikh iA and Allah knows best.

(Some more details: http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.asp?HD=1&ID=12887&CATE=239)

That said, not praying is still a major sin. It's considered the 4th major sin!! Right after shirk and murder and stuff! And 5 xs a day for years really adds up!! Do they really want to accrue all those sins? What are they going to say when they meet Allah? 

Maybe you can read some articles or watch some lectures on youtube on the seriousness of abandoning prayer and reiterate these to your family as best you can. Keep bringing it up every so often, just a point here and there and leave it at that. Don't hound or lecture too much. People's own feelings of guilt and consciousness will come up iA. Also you don't want to make that link of not praying/not being muslim because ppl may abandon islam altogether and you don't want that!!

Also maybe discuss with them WHY they don't pray. Some ppl have some very weird ideas when you ask them why they don't do something, then you can refute their ideas iA.

Good luck inshaAllah.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: