// If we really want something...
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: Equality: The Prophet said: 'There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for a fair-skinned person over a person with dark skin, nor for a dark-skinned person over a person with fair skin. Whoever is more pious and God-fearing is more deserving of honour.' (Musnad Ahmad)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If we really want something...  (Read 968 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Jan 31, 2012 10:22 PM »

and its something legitimate, something awesome, and if we have been making dua to have it but there seems to be delay in the answer, should we just think that we wont get it and accept it as the will of Allah, or should we continue making dua for it with a firm belief that He will answer it?

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2012 09:46 AM »

salam

If it's halal you keep making dua, but add the provisio that Allah grant it to you if it is for the best for you if it isn't, that Allah grant you something even better because Allah knows what is better for you.

I've learnt throughout life that each Dua that is granted is granted during the best time and place for you, the duas that are not granted were never of benefit in the long term for me or that particular situation altho at the time I could not see that.

Keep making duas they're never wasted.

Wassalaam

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
silver
Sis

Reputation Power: 3
silver has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2012 03:40 PM »

Sis Fozia, all of your posts are so full of wisdom mashaAllah. Whats the key to that?
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2012 10:25 AM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

I was reading Surah Al Kahf & immediately thought of your post anonymous.

هُنَالِكَ الْوَلَايَةُ لِلَّهِ الْحَقِّ هُوَ خَيْرٌ ثَوَابًا وَخَيْرٌ عُقْبًا

Here is protection only Allah's, the True One; He is best in (the giving of) reward and best in requiting. (Al Kahf (18) v. 44, Quran).

Ma'Salam,

Cinders

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2012 09:56 PM »

Salam,

I had the chance to ask our Shaikh this today in the Halaqah.

He said in answer to the above ^ (paraphrased):

When it comes to that which Allah loves, we should never stop imploring Allah. Things like Imaan, Ihsaan, Sabr, Yaqeen, Justice, Dhikr, Salah, Uns, Raja, uprightness of you and your family...we should always make Dua for these continuously.

If what we ask for is a legitimate matter of Dunya, like Halal wealth or relations with others, we should do Dua for these things in a moderate way, not at full throttle or strength, because we are seeking something Halal of the Dunya.

Could Allah's not answering be a sign that He is choosing something better? Yes. It could be.

That is why the Salihoon don't ask for matters of Dunya at all. They are sure that Allah will give them what they need of the Dunya. It is Halal for us to ask though.

The delay in answering could also mean to continue your Dua. Stopping making Dua is stopping an Ibadah. Sometimes when Allah loves an Abd, he does not answer their prayers when it comes to matters of Dunya. There is a text (although unsure of it's authenticity) 'When a Salih, a person Allah loves, solicits something from Allah, Allah tells Jibreel do not give him because I love to hear his pleas.' Yes it's Ajeeb. Yet Allah always gives, not everything always all the time, but He does give us and chooses in ways we don't realize the good of. Sometimes in denying our prayers even. If you live long enough you realize sometimes you would have been better without it. We didn't want to learn at that time so we were made to learn later. In the end, never stop imploring Allah. No prayer is wasted, it always works in your favor.

w'Allahu alam.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: