// Quran Ayah or Hadith of the Day
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: It is impossible to lay hands on that which is not predestined for us, and that which is predestined for us will reach us wherever we are. -Shaykh Sa’di
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quran Ayah or Hadith of the Day  (Read 8412 times)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 277
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« on: Feb 28, 2012 07:03 AM »

salam,

Thought we could start a thread for posting an Ayah "a day". Anything you find interesting, deep, reflective or will benefit others. IA it will be a source of reward in posting and also a reminder for ourselves. Anyone can post iA anytime...

So I'll start first!

The Ayah that goes with this website:

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2012 09:24 AM »

Assalaamualikum!!

Superb idea Sis Jannah!!
I kind of wished for such a thread too Smiley

Great Ayah!
The thought of Paradise brings immense peace.So attractive,so inviting.

May Allah grant all of us salvation and direct entry into paradise.Ameen
Mubaraka
Sis

Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #2 on: Feb 29, 2012 03:10 PM »

Asslammaulaikum,

Guess I will post the Ayah for today-

"And He it is Who made you successors of the earth,and raised the grades of some of you above others that He may test you through that which He has given you.Your Fosterer is certainly Quick in requiting while He is also Protectively Forgiving,Merciful."[Quran:Ch.6-The Cattle(Surah An'am):Ayah 166]
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #3 on: Mar 08, 2012 05:45 PM »

Assalaamualikum,

Let me post another Ayah from the same chapter i.e.Chapter 6-The Cattle(Surah An'am):Ayah no:161

"Whoever comes with one good then the reward for him is ten times like it and whoever comes with one evil,he will be rewarded only with the like of it and they will not be dealt with unjustly."

Alhamdulillah.A great verse.Let us steal opportunities to do some extra good,today before we end the day...and make it a habit.May Allah guide us and have mercy on us.
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2012 07:34 PM »

Assalaamualikum,

Another great ayah from Quran-

"Ye will not attain unto piety until ye spend of that which ye love.And whatsoever ye spend,Allah is aware thereof" (Chapter3;Ayah no:92)

Now, don't we all want to be pious?
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2012 06:28 PM »

Assalaamualikum,

This ayah is a great solution for many problems -

"Nor can goodness and Evil be equal. Repel (Evil) with what is better: Then will he between whom and thee was hatred become as it were thy friend and intimate!" Surah No.41 - Al Fussilat,The Expounded:Ayah No.34
jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #6 on: Apr 04, 2012 06:32 PM »

(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord.

Quran 47:15

May Allah (swt) make us among the people of Jannah.
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #7 on: Apr 30, 2012 06:08 AM »

Say (O Muhammad saw): "Verily, my Salât (prayer), my sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allâh, the Lord of the 'Alamîn (worlds)".

Surah Al-An'aam(6): 162
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012 08:38 AM »

...We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein.

50:16
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012 10:22 AM »

وَوَصَّيْنَا الْإِنسَانَ بِوَالِدَيْهِ حَمَلَتْهُ أُمُّهُ وَهْنًا عَلَىٰ وَهْنٍ وَفِصَالُهُ فِي عَامَيْنِ أَنِ اشْكُرْ لِي وَلِوَالِدَيْكَ إِلَيَّ الْمَصِيرُ

And We have enjoined man in respect of his parents-- his mother bears him with faintings upon faintings and his weaning takes two years-- saying: Be grateful to Me and to both your parents; to Me is the eventual coming.
Surah Luqman (31) ayah:14

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #10 on: Jun 04, 2012 04:15 AM »

Thought I'd change this thread to add Hadiths!! There are so many interesting one's...

Aisha (may God be pleased with her) narrated, “I asked the Messenger of Allah about the verse: ‘And those who give that which they give with their hearts full of fear,’ (Qur’an 23:60).” She asked: “Are they those who drink wine and steal?” The Prophet ﷺ replied, “No, daughter of al-Siddiq (i.e., Abu Bakr)! Rather they are those who fast, and those who pray and those who give charity while they fear that it (their deeds) will not be accepted from them. Those! They are the ones who race in all that is good.” (Tirmidhi)

Love how he calls her daughter of al siddiq cute
Nature
Sis

Reputation Power: 79
Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)Nature has a powerful personality :)

« Reply #11 on: Jun 04, 2012 06:31 AM »

There's a Hadith I love which I can't remember, it's about a lady who visits the Prophet's pbuh assembly and says words along the lines of, "Women work really hard, isn't it fair that we get our fair share of the reward?" and the Prophet pbuh turned to his companions and said, "Have you ever heard truer than what she has said?"

Anyone recognize it?
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #12 on: Jun 04, 2012 03:22 PM »

A person passed by the Holy Prophet  saw. The Holy Prophet  saw asked his companions sitting with him: 'What do you think of this man,who just passed this way.The companion said:'He is one of the gentlest;and by God,if he proposes marriage with any woman,his proposal should be accepted,and if he should recommend,his recommendation should prove,effective.'The Holy Prophet  saw kept quiet.Then another man passed,and he asked:'What is your opinion about this man?' He answered :'Holy Prophet  saw, he belongs to the class of poor Muslims.If he goes for marriage,his proposal would not be accepted;if he were to intercede on behalf of any person,his intercession would be rejected,and if he were to speak,nobody would listen to him.' 'The Holy Prophet  saw said:This man (the poor Muslim) is better than all the persons of the world,like those whom you have just praised.
(Bukhari and Muslim)
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #13 on: Jun 05, 2012 01:17 AM »

Assalamu Alaiykum,

For the equal opportunities stats in Quran Cheesy. Beautiful reminder.

Surah Ahzab (33) ayah (35)

إِنَّ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمَاتِ وَالْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَالْقَانِتِينَ وَالْقَانِتَاتِ وَالصَّادِقِينَ وَالصَّادِقَاتِ وَالصَّابِرِينَ وَالصَّابِرَاتِ وَالْخَاشِعِينَ وَالْخَاشِعَاتِ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقِينَ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقَاتِ وَالصَّائِمِينَ وَالصَّائِمَاتِ وَالْحَافِظِينَ فُرُوجَهُمْ وَالْحَافِظَاتِ وَالذَّاكِرِينَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا وَالذَّاكِرَاتِ أَعَدَّ اللَّهُ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا

Surely the men who submit and the women who submit, and the believing men and the believing women, and the obeying men and the obeying women, and the truthful men and the truthful women, and the patient men and the patient women and the humble men and the humble women, and the almsgiving men and the almsgiving women, and the fasting men and the fasting women, and the men who guard their private parts and the women who guard, and the men who remember Allah much and the women who remember-- Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a mighty reward.

Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #14 on: Jun 05, 2012 07:13 PM »

The Holy Prophet  saw said:Allah will definitely enforce the settlement of all the dues to those entitled to receive them on the Day of Judgement;even the wrong done to a hornless goat by a horned goat,will be redressed.(Muslim)
austmuslimah
Sis

Reputation Power: 10
austmuslimah has no influence :(

« Reply #15 on: Jun 05, 2012 10:52 PM »

لَنْ تَنَالُوا الْبِرَّ حَتَّىٰ تُنْفِقُوا مِمَّا تُحِبُّونَ ۚ وَمَا تُنْفِقُوا مِنْ شَيْءٍ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ بِهِ عَلِيمٌ

“You will not attain righteousness, unless you give of that which you love” (Surah Imrân 3:92)
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #16 on: Jun 18, 2012 04:15 PM »

Such Rahma in Islam for allowing of our repentance....

“The angel of the left raises [and holds] his pen for six hours from the Muslim servant of Allah who has wronged or committed a mistake. So if he regrets and seeks Allah’s forgiveness from it he returns it back, and if that is not the case then it is written as one.” (Mu’jam al Kabeer)

Nafs
« Reply #17 on: Jun 28, 2012 08:28 PM »

^ I need help in understanding the above ..if anyone can assist me, please pm me!
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #18 on: Jun 29, 2012 04:44 AM »

Hmmm I think this means like when you commit a sin or mistake, if you regret it and ask Allah's forgiveness then Allah will forgive you and it's like it was never written down even in your deeds in the first place!!!! wa Allahu alam!
Nafs
« Reply #19 on: Jun 29, 2012 11:53 PM »

Thanks! I was having issues with being literal about "6 hours" ... but I think I got it InshaAllah Smiley
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #20 on: Jun 30, 2012 05:42 PM »

"O you who believe!If you keep your duty to Allah,He will give you discrimination(between right and wrong) and will rid you of your evil thoughts and deeds,and will forgive you.Allah is of infinite bounty."-(8:29)
Akram
Bro

Reputation Power: 0
Akram has no influence :(

« Reply #21 on: Jul 05, 2012 04:31 AM »

"Those who gives decision ( or punishment  oldshaykh) without my given Qur'an are Kaffir" (Mayidah: 44),  

Nafs
« Reply #22 on: Jul 05, 2012 07:53 PM »

^ Thanks for sharing brother ...I was a bit curious about that verse and looked it up ...I think it's usually best to paste the whole verse as it can be a little confusing:

Surah Al Ma'idah, verse 44:

Yusuf Ali
It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #23 on: Jul 14, 2012 07:18 PM »

Hazrat Anas (R.A.A) related that the Holy Prophet  saw said:"A person who wants that there may be abundance in his provision,and that his age be lengthened,then he should do favour to his blood relations.'

(Bukhari and Muslim)
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #24 on: Jul 20, 2012 11:54 AM »

إِذْ أَوَى الْفِتْيَةُ إِلَى الْكَهْفِ فَقَالُوا رَبَّنَا آتِنَا مِن لَّدُنكَ رَحْمَةً وَهَيِّئْ لَنَا مِنْ أَمْرِنَا رَشَدًا

When the youths sought refuge in the cave, they said: Our Lord! grant us mercy from Thee, and provide for us a right course in our affair.
(surah Kahf 18: 10).
Jummah Mubarak. Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: