// Quran Ayah or Hadith of the Day
    Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: “A house divided against itself cannot stand.” Abraham Lincoln quote
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quran Ayah or Hadith of the Day  (Read 8477 times)
Cinders
Sis

Reputation Power: 25
Cinders barely matters :(Cinders barely matters :(

« Reply #25 on: Aug 05, 2012 11:48 PM »

Surah Hajj (22) ayah 78

وَجَاهِدُوا فِي اللَّهِ حَقَّ جِهَادِهِ هُوَ اجْتَبَاكُمْ وَمَا جَعَلَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِي الدِّينِ مِنْ حَرَجٍ مِّلَّةَ أَبِيكُمْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ هُوَ سَمَّاكُمُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ مِن قَبْلُ وَفِي هَٰذَا لِيَكُونَ الرَّسُولُ شَهِيدًا عَلَيْكُمْ وَتَكُونُوا شُهَدَاءَ عَلَى النَّاسِ فَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَاعْتَصِمُوا بِاللَّهِ هُوَ مَوْلَاكُمْ فَنِعْمَ الْمَوْلَىٰ وَنِعْمَ النَّصِيرُ

And strive hard in (the way of) Allah, (such) a striving as is due to Him; He has chosen you and has not laid upon you an hardship in religion; the faith of your father Ibrahim; He named you Muslims before and in this, that the Apostle may be a bearer of witness to you, and you may be bearers of witness to the people; therefore keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and hold fast by Allah; He is your Guardian; how excellent the Guardian and how excellent the Helper!

وَلَسَوْفَ يُعْطِيكَ رَبُّكَ فَتَرْضَىٰ

And soon will your Lord give you so that you shall be well pleased.
Al Qur'an (93:5)
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #26 on: Aug 07, 2012 05:06 AM »

For extra reward Wink ,
Surah Isra (17) v. 78

أَقِمِ الصَّلَاةَ لِدُلُوكِ الشَّمْسِ إِلَىٰ غَسَقِ اللَّيْلِ وَقُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ إِنَّ قُرْآنَ الْفَجْرِ كَانَ مَشْهُودًا

Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night and the morning recitation; surely the morning recitation is witnessed.

Surah Isra (17) v. 79

وَمِنَ اللَّيْلِ فَتَهَجَّدْ بِهِ نَافِلَةً لَّكَ عَسَىٰ أَن يَبْعَثَكَ رَبُّكَ مَقَامًا مَّحْمُودًا

And during a part of the night, pray Tahajjud beyond what is incumbent on you; maybe your Lord will raise you to a position of great glory.

Mubaraka
Sis

Reputation Power: 41
Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #27 on: Sep 03, 2012 01:38 PM »

Hazrat Abdullah bin Mas'ud (R.A.A) relates that the holy Prophet  saw said that a perfect Muslim is neither a taunter,curser nor an abuser nor one having a long tongue. (Tirmizi)

Hazrat Abu Hurairah ( R.A.A) relates that the Holy Prophet  saw said:It does not befit a Siddiq( a true man ) that he should opt to cursing.  (Muslim)
Tasnia

Reputation Power: 6
Tasnia has no influence :(

« Reply #28 on: Sep 03, 2012 03:34 PM »

Verily, in the rememberance of Allah do hearts find rest

- (13:28)

In an aisde note, I just want to promote a page for another sister. Please like this page if any of yu have Facebook please: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glad-tidings-to-the-Strangers/223858527740487?ref=tn_tnmn

Thank you Smiley

"Verily, We have made this quran easy for remembrence." Surah 17

"My dua is a witness to my poverty...so save me with a gentleness, O Lord of Lords." - Imam Al Haddad
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #29 on: Sep 26, 2012 09:28 AM »

وَلَا تَدْعُ مَعَ اللَّهِ إِلَٰهًا آخَرَ لَا إِلَٰهَ إِلَّا هُوَ كُلُّ شَيْءٍ هَالِكٌ إِلَّا وَجْهَهُ لَهُ الْحُكْمُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

And call not with Allah any other god; there is no god but He, every thing is perishable but He; His is the judgment, and to Him you shall be brought back.

Surah Qasas 28 ayah 88

Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #30 on: Sep 26, 2012 10:08 AM »

وَّيَرۡزُقۡهُ مِنۡ حَيۡثُ لَا يَحۡتَسِبُ‌ ؕ وَمَنۡ يَّتَوَكَّلۡ عَلَى اللّٰهِ فَهُوَ حَسۡبُهٗ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰهَ بَالِغُ اَمۡرِهٖ‌ ؕ قَدۡ جَعَلَ اللّٰهُ لِكُلِّ شَىۡءٍ قَدۡرًا‏

And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion.(65:3)

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Mubaraka
Sis

Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)Mubaraka might someday be someone..:)

« Reply #31 on: Sep 26, 2012 02:41 PM »

Verses from Surah Ali'Imran

Be quick in the race for forgiveness from your Lord, and for a Garden whose width is that (of the whole) of the heavens and of the earth, prepared for the righteous,-                                 (3.133)

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for God loves those who do good;-                                                             (3.134)

And those who, having done something to be ashamed of, or wronged their own souls, earnestly bring God to mind, and ask for forgiveness for their sins, - and who can forgive sins except God?- and are never obstinate in persisting knowingly in (the wrong) they have done.                                    (3.135)
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #32 on: Oct 11, 2012 06:20 AM »

يُدَبِّرُ الْأَمْرَ مِنَ السَّمَاءِ إِلَى الْأَرْضِ ثُمَّ يَعْرُجُ إِلَيْهِ فِي يَوْمٍ كَانَ مِقْدَارُهُ أَلْفَ سَنَةٍ مِّمَّا تَعُدُّونَ

He regulates the affair from the heaven to the earth; then shall it ascend to Him in a day the measure of which is a thousand years of what you count.
Surah: Sajda 32 ayah: 5

Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #33 on: Nov 20, 2012 05:02 PM »

"What is the life of this world but amusement and play? but verily the Home in the Hereafter,- that is life indeed, if they but knew."

Surah:29,Ayah:64
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #34 on: Nov 22, 2012 12:58 PM »

And do not turn away your cheek boastfully from people nor walk proudly in the earth,Allah certainly does not love anyone who consider himself great,boastful.
(Ch 31,Verse 18)

And be moderate in your walk and lower your voice,the harshest of voices is certainly the voice of the ass.
(Ch 31,Verse 19)
Fozia
Sis

Reputation Power: 124
Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!Fozia is awe-inspiring mA!

« Reply #35 on: Nov 22, 2012 01:26 PM »

وَاسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَاةِ ۚ وَإِنَّهَا لَكَبِيرَةٌ إِلَّا عَلَى الْخَاشِعِينَ

“Seek help through patience and Salah; truly it is extremely difficult except for the humble true believers.” (Surah Baqarah 2:45)

And when My servants question thee concerning Me, then surely I am nigh. I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me. So let them hear My call and let them trust in Me, in order that they may be led aright. Surah 2  Verse 186
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2012 07:20 AM »

ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ مَوْلَى الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَأَنَّ الْكَافِرِينَ لَا مَوْلَىٰ لَهُمْ

That is because Allah is the Protector of those who believe, and because the unbelievers shall have no protector for them.

Surah Muhammad 47, Ayah 11

Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #37 on: Dec 20, 2012 06:13 PM »

Allah desireth for you ease;He desireth not hardship for you;
(2:185)
jannah
Administrator

Reputation Power: 278
jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #38 on: Jan 25, 2013 08:56 AM »

“On Friday there is an hour when, if a Muslims happens to pray at that time and ask Allah for something good, He will give it to him.”

- Prophet Muhammad saw (Bukhari, Muslim)
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #39 on: Feb 11, 2013 06:17 AM »

Beautiful Reminder Smiley

إِنَّ رَبَّكَ يَعْلَمُ أَنَّكَ تَقُومُ أَدْنَىٰ مِن ثُلُثَيِ اللَّيْلِ وَنِصْفَهُ وَثُلُثَهُ وَطَائِفَةٌ مِّنَ الَّذِينَ مَعَكَ وَاللَّهُ يُقَدِّرُ اللَّيْلَ وَالنَّهَارَ عَلِمَ أَن لَّن تُحْصُوهُ فَتَابَ عَلَيْكُمْ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ عَلِمَ أَن سَيَكُونُ مِنكُم مَّرْضَىٰ وَآخَرُونَ يَضْرِبُونَ فِي الْأَرْضِ يَبْتَغُونَ مِن فَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَآخَرُونَ يُقَاتِلُونَ فِي سَبِيلِ اللَّهِ فَاقْرَءُوا مَا تَيَسَّرَ مِنْهُ وَأَقِيمُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَآتُوا الزَّكَاةَ وَأَقْرِضُوا اللَّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا وَمَا تُقَدِّمُوا لِأَنفُسِكُم مِّنْ خَيْرٍ تَجِدُوهُ عِندَ اللَّهِ هُوَ خَيْرًا وَأَعْظَمَ أَجْرًا وَاسْتَغْفِرُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ غَفُورٌ رَّحِيمٌ

Surely your Lord knows that you pass in prayer nearly two-thirds of the night, and (sometimes) half of it, and (sometimes) a third of it, and (also) a party of those with you; and Allah measures the night and the day. He knows that you are not able to do it, so He has turned to you (mercifully), therefore read what is easy of the Quran. He knows that there must be among you sick, and others who travel in the land seeking of the bounty of Allah, and others who fight in Allah's way, therefore read as much of it as is easy (to you), and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate and offer to Allah a goodly gift, and whatever of good you send on beforehand for yourselves, you will find it with Allah; that is best and greatest in reward; and ask forgiveness of Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.
Surah Muzzammil (73) Ayah 20

Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #40 on: Feb 13, 2013 04:04 PM »

Harzrat Abu Barazah Nazia Bin Ubaid-ul-Aslami (R.A.A) relates that the Holy Prophet  saw said :

"A servant of Allah will remain standing on  the Day of Judgemant till he is questioned about his age,how he spent it;and about his knowledge and how he utilised it;and about his wealth from where he acquired it and in what (activities) he spent it,and about his body as to how he consumed it."

(Tirmizi)
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #41 on: Feb 13, 2013 04:14 PM »

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَرْمُونَ الْمُحْصَنَاتِ الْغَافِلَاتِ الْمُؤْمِنَاتِ لُعِنُوا فِي الدُّنْيَا وَالْآخِرَةِ وَلَهُمْ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

Surely those who accuse chaste believing women, unaware (of the evil), are cursed in this world and the hereafter, and they shall have a grievous chastisement.
يَوْمَ تَشْهَدُ عَلَيْهِمْ أَلْسِنَتُهُمْ وَأَيْدِيهِمْ وَأَرْجُلُهُم بِمَا كَانُوا يَعْمَلُونَ

On the day when their tongues and their hands and their feet shall bear witness against them as to what they did.

يَوْمَئِذٍ يُوَفِّيهِمُ اللَّهُ دِينَهُمُ الْحَقَّ وَيَعْلَمُونَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ هُوَ الْحَقُّ الْمُبِينُ

On that day Allah will pay back to them in full their just reward, and they shall know that Allah is the evident Truth.

Surah An Noor (24) ayahs 23-25

jannah
Administrator

jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!jannah is awe-inspiring mA!

I heart the Madina

« Reply #42 on: Feb 18, 2013 10:06 AM »

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 88, Number 231:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The Hour will not be established till a man passes by a grave of somebody and says, 'Would that I were in his place."
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #43 on: Mar 10, 2013 06:45 PM »

"To them will be passed round, dishes and goblets of gold: there will be there all that the souls could desire, all that their eyes could delight in: and ye shall abide therein (for aye)"  Ch.43,Ayah 71
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #44 on: Apr 10, 2013 05:05 PM »

Perfect for a rainy day...

Anas (ra) said, “Rain fell on us while we were with the Prophet ﷺ. He ﷺ then removed part of his garment so that the rain could fall on him.” When we asked him why he did that, he ﷺ responded, “Because it has just arrived from its Lord.” (Adab Mufrad)
Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2013 06:08 PM »

"Those who, when they spend, are not extravagant and not niggardly, but hold a just (balance) between those (extremes);

Those who invoke not, with God, any other god, nor slay such life as God has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment.

(But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in ignominy,-

Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for God will change the evil of such persons into good, and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful"-Surah Furqan(Ch 25) Verses: 67,68,69,70
imaazh
Ramadan Diaries

Reputation Power: 17
imaazh has no influence :(

« Reply #46 on: Jul 13, 2013 03:13 AM »

Anas  may God be pleased with him narrated that Allah's Messenger saw said:

Allah  swt has said: O son of Adam, I shall go on forgiving you as long as you pray to Me and aspire for My forgiveness, whatever may be your faults.  O son of Adam, I do not care even if your sins should pile to the sky; should you beg pardon of Me, I would forgive you.  O son of Adam, if you come to me with an earthful of sins and meet Me, not associating anything with Me (in worship), I will come to you with an earthful of forgiveness.

(sound hadith recorded by at-Tirmidhi)
jannah
Administrator

I heart the Madina

« Reply #47 on: Jul 14, 2013 01:36 PM »

The Prophet SAW said: 'When a man dies and his relatives are busy in funeral, there stands an extremely handsome man by his head. When the dead body is shrouded, that man gets in between the shroud and the chest of the deceased. When after the burial, the people return home, 2 angels, Munkar and Nakeer (names of two special Angels), come in the grave and try to separate this handsome man so that they may be able to interrogate the dead man in privacy about his faith. But the handsome man says, 'He is my companion, he is my friend. I will not leave him alone in any case. If you are appointed for interrogation, do your job.. I cannot leave him until I get him admitted into Paradise '. Thereafter he turns to his dead companion and says, 'I am the Qur'an, which you used to read, sometimes in a loud voice and sometimes in a low voice. Do not worry. After the interrogation of Munkar and Naker, you will have no grief.' When the interrogation is over, the handsome man arranges for him from Al-Mala'ul A'laa (the angels in Heaven) silk bedding filled with musk. Rasulullah SAW said: 'On the Day of Judgement, before Allah, no other Intercessor will have a greater status than the Qur'an, neither a prophet or an angel."

Not sure of source or authenticity, but appears in Fada'il Amal.
Cinders
Sis

« Reply #48 on: Jul 15, 2013 03:49 AM »

وَمَكَرُوا وَمَكَرَ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَاكِرِينَ

And they planned and Allah (also) planned, and Allah is the best of planners.

Surah Al Imran, ayah 54

Mubaraka
Sis

« Reply #49 on: Jul 17, 2013 04:46 PM »

If the Hour (Last Day) starts to happen and in the hand of one of you is a palm shoot or seedling; then if he’s able to plant it before the Hour happens, then let him plant it”.

(As-Silsilah as-Saheehah #9)

May be we can plant a tree in this Ramadan and gain reward for this sadaqa...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: