Peace be upon you,
    Welcome to Madinat Al-Muslimeen, the City of the Muslims. Please feel free to visit the different hot spots around the Madina and post any discussion, articles, suggestions, comments, art, poetry, events, recipes, etc etc. Basically anything you would like to share with your sisters and brothers!! Non-muslims are also of course quite welcome to share their comments. If this is your first time here, you need to register with the city council. Once you register you have 15 days to post your mandatory introduction and then you will be upgraded to a Madina Citizen, God Willing. Please note that our city does have regulations which are listed in the city constitution. Read them carefully before moving in. P.S. - You can also post anonymously if you wish. P.S.S. - Also be sure to check out our ARCHIVES from 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 & 2007. :)

Random Quote: "Beware of extremism in religion, since those before you were only destroyed by extremism." - Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Blessings be upon him)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guidance please  (Read 599 times)
Anonymous
Bro

Reputation Power: 22
Anonymous barely matters :(Anonymous barely matters :(

ANONYMOUS Post

« on: Feb 29, 2012 07:34 AM »

Asalamu alaikum,

I'm a 24 year old female born and raised in Canada. I was brought up in a moderately strik family. At the age of 15 I became very active in the community and also very religious. I was even wearing jilbabs in high school and making dawaa. The I met this guy who made slowly day by day forget about Allah and being a practicing Muslim. Ever is since I was 19 I had stopped praying and being practicing Muslim. During this time I was doing things that are forribiddin and being so numb to it. This past year I have been lashing out at my family and the people around me; realizing all the wrong I have done. Everyday I think about becoming a better muslim. I have tried rePenting twice to Allah but I have not goud the will power to change. I need to know how? I need the motivation I need something to shake me alive to the dead heart I have. Please I need words of wisdom, I need a duaa. I need ur duAa for me.

This post submitted using the ANONYMOUS button on the main Madina menu. Please reply here publicly so that the original poster can read any replies.
Hard2Hit
Bro

Reputation Power: 15
Hard2Hit has no influence :(

Taubah

« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2012 04:38 AM »

A.A.

Are you desi ? If yes, then listen to this (in a spiritual context)

Nadaan Parindey - (With Lyrics) - Full Song Rockstar (By)~(AJ)

And if you are not desi, listen to this one... (and think of Allah!)

Schiller - I Feel You - Lyrics in Description

And while at it, try to shed a tear or two. No really  Smiley

Good luck!

The knight doesn't wait when he's ill or has cancer brother, the knight fights on... He finds a strategy, changes tactics, and hits hard.
tahirah
Sis

Reputation Power: 19
tahirah has no influence :(

« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2012 04:07 PM »

Wa 'alaikum as salaam wa Rahmatullah,

Embarking on the path to worship Allah properly is a lifelong journey. These are a few steps that might help you return to Allah and rebuild your relationship with Him, insha Allah.

Step 1: Turn to Allah and submit to Him.

How blessed are we as humans to have a Creator that will assist us even in fulfilling our responsibilities to Him. Having trouble changing is a reminder that we are need of Allah, even to worship Him. Therefore, completely submit to Allah. Find a private place and humbly make du’a to Him. Acknowledge your past sins, and seek His forgiveness and pardon for them. Acknowledge your weakness, and seek His aid in overcoming them. Recognize His right to be worshiped, praised, and obeyed in the most beautiful way. And recognize His blessings on you.

We should not forget that, not only is Allah is the “One who Provides”, but He is also the “One who Guides”. Therefore, if we want to be guided back to the Straight Path, and we want to worship Him in a way that is most pleasing to Him, we should rely on Him first and foremost to guide and assist us. (Remember in S. Fatihah we say: “Only You do we worship; Only You do we rely on/ask for help; Guide us to the Straight Path”)

There is a comfort in knowing that our affairs are entrusted to Allah, because He is the best disposer of affairs. He is the Lord of the Heavens and the Earth, and Lord of the Great Throne. And there is no power or might except with Him.

Also remember that part of true reliance on Allah is action. If Allah gives you an opportunity, take it. If Allah facilitates the ability to perform a good deed, perform that good deed.

Step 2: Continue to rely on Him patiently.

It may “seem” that your du’as are not answered immediately. But if you are serious about changing, you will continue and persevere in seeking His Guidance, because that is a test of sincerity and part of truly submitting to Him - am I going to give up and submit to a life of disobedience and “distance” from Allah, or will I continue to seek His help with the certainty that He is the one who guides and He is the one who turns the hearts?

So continue to ask Allah to open a way for you, and to establish you firmly on the Deen, and to remove the love of disobedience from your heart. And be constantly grateful to Him that you are still alive to seek His forgiveness and to return to Him. In the meantime, do your best to be worship Him in the best way to the best of your ability, and try to put yourself in an environment that will help you stay steadfast.

Step 3: Be in constant du’a and repentance as you struggle/strive to please Him.

Make constant du’a to Allah. Set goals for yourself, and ask Allah to help you achieve those goals. Ask Allah to help you seek the correct path, so that you do not seek the wrong means to praise Him or come closer to Him, and end up worship Him improperly. Ask Him for guidance on worshiping Him in a way that is pleasing to Him, and take the steps to learn your deen.

Just as important as seeking Allah's aid is to repent to Him constantly. You will make mistakes. You will stumble and fall into sins. You will find diseases in your heart that make it difficult to stay on the straight path. But when you do, return to Allah and submit to Him, and continue to rely on Him for guidance. We are human and we will all sin, but the best of sinners are those who constantly repent to Allah. Always make istighfar, and never despair of Allah's Mercy as long as you have a breath in your body.

Take the time to evaluate yourself. What are the barriers that make it difficult to stay on the Straight Path, whether in your environment or within yourself? Ask Allah to strengthen your will and resolve to overcome your weaknesses. Make a commitment to purify your environment and to reject the attachments in your heart to everything that takes you away from worshiping Allah properly. Seek out people that will help you improve your relationship with Allah, whether in your family or in the Muslim community.

Try to be firm but respectful in dealing with others. Do not be arrogant with others when encountering their faults, especially your family! (Because arrogance means that we have forgotten Allah's favors and blessings on us – that we would never be able to worship Him if He did not provide a way for us.) But also don't give in to peer-pressure or manipulation to continue sins. Choose friends and acquaintances carefully.

Step 4: Show your gratitude to Allah

Show your gratitude for the second chance that Allah has blessed you with by improving your ‘ibaadah to Allah and being generous to others. For example, do even more du’a, more dhikr, more salah, read/recite more Qur’an, etc. Be generous to others, starting with your family. How can you be a better daughter or sister? How can you assistance in the Muslim community? How can you improve your community at large?

Try to improve yourself in a balanced way. Don't move too slowly, but don't be overzealous and unrealistic either. Remember not to be arrogant. Don't forget Allah's countless blessings. Constantly rely on Him and make du’a to Him. And remember, when you slip, make taubah as quickly as possible and return to your ‘ibaadah.

Hope this helps! Please keep us in your du'a as well Smiley

tahirah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: